Today!

Options

Replies

• Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Good HIIT session on treadmill yesterday. My work schedule is a bit shifted this week, and I'm on call so it's making it hard to run outside.
    today - 10 minute elliptical warmup then upper body strength training.
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    well, seems like most have given up posting here, but I'll keep it going for a bit more before giving up...
    so, I think I said my schedule last week was a bit "off", so no outside runs last week, all treadmill/elliptical work. I went on a 5k run last night. This morning I hit the gym, and did a 20 minute warmup on Precor crossramp elliptical, then a half hour of strength training on upper body.
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I did 4 miles on my bike this morning. Going to do 5 tomorrow...or at least that's the plan. I started with 2 miles on Sunday and 3 miles on Monday.

As a thought. Maybe instead of making the thread "today" maybe we should do a new thread every day? Just thinking out loud.
  • jobryan4
    jobryan4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options

I achieved a fitness goal this morning! I was able to do an unassisted pullup (two in fact!) for the first time in my life. Very sweet....

A bit overdue but congratulations on the unassisted pullup!

Just checking in to see if the thread is still going, I'll start posting again. My workouts have been sporatic but I think I've got some other things out of the way so that I can make more time for workouts. Ran 3 miles on Saturday followed immediately with 5.5miles walking fast. Ran 1.5 miles on Sunday followed immediately with 4 miles of walking fast. Insanity was a no go - still can't get the video to work - oh well.

Going to try to get 15 miles of running in this week, starting from tonight.
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    I did 4 miles on my bike this morning. Going to do 5 tomorrow...or at least that's the plan. I started with 2 miles on Sunday and 3 miles on Monday.

As a thought. Maybe instead of making the thread "today" maybe we should do a new thread every day? Just thinking out loud.

My only issue with a new thread per day would be that it would push down some of the other informative threads...
    Have you read a lot of Lovecraft?
  • Coolhand1969
    Options

A bit overdue but congratulations on the unassisted pullup!
    Going to try to get 15 miles of running in this week, starting from tonight.

Thanks! ...and nice goal. :) Good luck. My most so far is just over ten I think.
  • jonward85
    Options
    Not a lot of Lovecraft. Basically just the Cthulu story. Big Scify fan though...Brandon Sanderson, Robert Jordan, Mark Chadbourn, Terry Goodkind...ect...
  • aeverton
    aeverton Posts: 359
    Options
    I'd probably use this a lot more if it was accessible from the phone app!

Anyway, today I did 2 nike training club workouts: better butt and cardio killer

Angie
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Not a lot of Lovecraft. Basically just the Cthulu story. Big Scify fan though...Brandon Sanderson, Robert Jordan, Mark Chadbourn, Terry Goodkind...ect...

I read a lot of SciFi myself back in the day (I guess you can tell I'm now an old fogie since I use this ancient spelling/term), as well as Fantasy, although not much recently. I'm not familiar with Sanderson or Chadbourn, but would consider Jordan/Goodkind leaning more towards the Fantasy side... Is the "Scify" label an attempt at combining the genres into one term? I always considered them fairly separate. I started more with Fantasy (Tolkien, Brooks, Eddings, Donaldson, Moorcock, etc..) when younger, and gradually worked into Science Fiction (Asimov, Heinlein, Herbert, Wells, Huxley, etc..) through HS, college and young adulthood.
  • Coolhand1969
    Options

Anyway, today I did 2 nike training club workouts: better butt and cardio killer

Angie

That's a good suggestion for the app! You should submit that!

Are the nike workouts video workouts to do at home?
  • jonward85
    Options
    I guess Fantasy would be how it's placed at a book store. Sanderson took over for Jordan after he passed away to complete the Wheel of Time series. Last book comes out 2013.
  • jonward85
    Options
    Only rode 4.5 miles today, but changed the terrain. Rode to a co-workers and back. Many more ups and downs then my previous miles.
  • jobryan4
    Options

Angie

I agree, I'd like to be able to post through the app as well!
  • jobryan4
    Options

Thanks! ...and nice goal. :) Good luck. My most so far is just over ten I think.

Thanks, the most I've done so far is right around ten, too - this may be too ambitious.

Ran 3.47 miles last night (neighborhood route, distance according to mapmyrun). 11.53 left
  • aeverton
    Options
    Are the nike workouts video workouts to do at home?
    [/quote]

Yes, the nike workouts you do at home. Pretty killer too.

Angie
  • aeverton
    Options
    weight lifting today.

Angie
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Yesterday - elliptical and strength training on legs @ gym

Today - 3.5mi outside run

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/k2DcnHM3pbw
  • jonward85
    Options
    did 4.5 miles on the bike. was going to go further but work called :( Pagers FTL.
  • aeverton
    Options
    ran 3.03 miles in 26:01

looking forward to my rest day tomorrow.

Angie
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    ran 3.03 miles in 26:01

looking forward to my rest day tomorrow.

Angie

Nice! I hope I can run that fast one day... :)