Today!

Options

Replies

• Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    not quite ready for running again yet, but feeling better. Did 25 minutes of elliptical this morning.
  • jobryan4
    jobryan4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I think I overdid the running in a twelve hour period. After I stepped off the treadmill yesterday, the outer edge of my right foot got real sore, and within a couple of hours, I could hardly walk. I've been trying to stay off it, and it's feeling a lot better today, but I'm going to lay off running for a few more days. I might get on the elliptical tomorrow if it feels even better. I did strength training on core + assisted pullups/dips and a few dumbell exercises this morning.

Yes, better to take a break from running than to risk further damage, I hope it heals quickly.

*edited to show quote brackets
  • jobryan4
    Options
    So - only 1 workout in the last week but I finished rebuilding and restoring an outdoor wood playset, completed 90% of spring yard maintenance and cleaned/organized inside. Still working on organizing for a garage sale on saturday and family coming in from out of town tonight so I don't know if I'll get a workout in before Saturday. I WILL start insanity on Saturday - looking forward to it! Need to focus a bit more on upper body strength to start preparing for the Warrior Dash.
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Back to running tonight... So far my foot feels ok, but my calves are tights after not running for 6 days..

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/sSrpS3P-SRk
  • aeverton
    aeverton Posts: 359
    Options
    strength training done for the day. Tomorrow, running- gonna try to add another 1/2 mile to my route.

Angie
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    precor elliptical cross trainer - 10 min
    strength training - core + forearms - 25 min
    running - 40 min..

http://runkeeper.com/user/jayzach/activity/93147419
  • aeverton
    Options
    added a 1/2 mile, but it really slowed me down- that or the wind. :)
    Anyone use Map My Run?

Angie
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    added a 1/2 mile, but it really slowed me down- that or the wind. :)
    Anyone use Map My Run?

Angie

I used it once to figure out a decent route through my small town. I've been going back and forth between Endomondo and RunKeeper for actually tracking my runs though.
  • jobryan4
    Options
    Finally back at it. Ran 3.7 miles - trails and pavement. trails were sloppy and slow but a good workout, was able to get a rhythm on the pavement.

Angie - I use map my run, only the website though (don't have a device that can use the app). Coolhand, I saw you linked the endomondo and run keeper - what are the advantages/disadvantages to these over map my run?
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Finally back at it. Ran 3.7 miles - trails and pavement. trails were sloppy and slow but a good workout, was able to get a rhythm on the pavement.

Angie - I use map my run, only the website though (don't have a device that can use the app). Coolhand, I saw you linked the endomondo and run keeper - what are the advantages/disadvantages to these over map my run?

Well, now looking at the site, I may not have used MapMyRun. It seems pretty similar to Endomondo/RunKeeper. If I did use MapMyRun, it was just the website, not the mobile app. I'm leaning towards Endomondo between it and RunKeeper - I definitely would be if my old college buddy wasn't on RunKeeper, although I now may have to try out MapMyRun also, hehe. It seems to me like they're all pretty even in features, what really matters is what works best on your phone/gps... So far both apps have worked far better with my phone's GPS than my c25k app (rundouble) worked.

I achieved a fitness goal this morning! I was able to do an unassisted pullup (two in fact!) for the first time in my life. Very sweet....
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    RunningMap.com was actually what I was thinking of that I'd used before. It's just a quick little easy way to map out a run on the map and save or print it. I think it may have an app to do some tracking also, but no where near the other three sites mentioned...
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    RunningMap.com was actually what I was thinking of that I'd used before. It's just a quick little easy way to map out a run on the map and save or print it. I think it may have an app to do some tracking also, but no where near the other three sites mentioned...

Now I've just found that the Endomondo web site has the same funtionality, and I can save the route to use in Endomondo. I'm not sure but it's very possible RunKeep and MapMyRun may also have that funtionality.
  • piesbd
    piesbd Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I use Map my Run, but just also got an Endomondo account for the national bile challenge..... not explored it yet though!

Anyway, Monday and Wed were my run days. Tues was a strength day. Today I will bike. Probably take a rest day Friday. Doing the Tap and Run on Sat :D and a long ride Sunday..
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    mmmmmm Tap and run...

Put in my first 4mile run ever tonight... Not too bad. 1st mile and the last half mile always seem hardest..

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/hMuWsUks9Bs
  • jaimemariel
    jaimemariel Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Today is my off day! So I'm talking a long run with the dogs and that is all. Tomorrow is 30DS level 2.
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    Yesterday ran 2 miles... today is rest day.
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    This morning - 10 min. Precor Elliptical cross trainer, 40 minutes strength training - upper body.

hoping for a run this evening.
  • Coolhand1969
    Options
    No run last night. Interval training this morning on treadmill, and strength training on core. Hopefully a run tonight.
  • aeverton
    Options
    "I achieved a fitness goal this morning! I was able to do an unassisted pullup (two in fact!) for the first time in my life. Very sweet....
    [/quote]"

Way to Go! Pullups are on my fitness goal too.

Angie
  • piesbd
    piesbd Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Well, my husband left for his 2 week drill on Friday night, and that has thrown my work out routine out the window..... I am determined to run tonight.... even if that means I have to brave my broken treadmill! :wink: