List of Things to Indulge In - THAT ISNT FOOD

Replies

• bekkaL85
    bekkaL85 Posts: 133 Member
    You nailed it for me! I LOVE baths, so I set up a reward system for it. If I behave and stay on track all week, on Sunday night I get to take a bath as hot as I want, and as long as I want. Awhile ago I learned how to make bubble bath and bath salts (and a couple more), so I get to add that to it too!

Sigh.

Just THINKING about it makes me happy! lol
  • livefree1127
    livefree1127 Posts: 24 Member
    I love going on "Pinterest" and have a bulletin board full of tips and projects I want to try. I also love to bake .. and believe it or not, I don't really have a problem controlling myself or being around it. I leave a little at home for my kids to enjoy and I take the rest in to work and let my co-workers enjoy it. The fun for me is making it .. not eating it.
    Hi what is Pinterest and how do I get "on it"
  • jessica3197
    jessica3197 Posts: 6 Member
    Going for a run or walk
    Calling up some friends
    Going outside and picking lovely flowers <3
  • pennysocean
    pennysocean Posts: 12 Member
    walking the dogs/playtime
    seeing a movie (minus the popcorn)
    cleaning- I know, not much of an indulgence, but I set myself to clean for 15 min and after that I keep going! Its so nice to have a clean closet, and the time flies!
    mini spa session- soak my feet in the bath, deep condition my hair, and whiten my teeth :)
  • DarinGettingHawtin2013
    DarinGettingHawtin2013 Posts: 263 Member
    I do a mini-spa for face - exfoliation, mask, toning, moisturizing. It's very restful and very indulgent. It forces you to slow down a little. :-)
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    I am really just trying to find some new vices. Before I had kids I smoked for a long time. And I worked all the time. Once I got pregnant food replaced the smokes and I no longer worked outside the home so I was more free to eat any time of the day or night. My other vices like TV, the internet, going out with friends all are connected with eating, too. I have really had to trace my steps very far back to find what it is I even love to do anymore.

So far I have started taking baths again, doing crafts (mostly for the kids scouts and school but I really like it), meditating again, hiking again, reading more, taking more walks.

I remember how much I loved dolls when I was a kid. So I think I might try making a reborn doll or dollfie and see how that goes. I used to write a lot when I was a teen and young adult so I want to get back to that as well.

it is truly amazing how much more of yourself you find when you stop covering it up with food.

This post really got me thinking about what I loved to do before I had kids. I used to love gardening and I had forgotten all about that! I can feel some new gardening projects brewing. Thank you!
  • ginabrandau
    ginabrandau Posts: 4 Member
    NETFLIX!
    facial packs/ masks
    giving away clothes to the goodwill
    Naps!
  • Aurorainthenorth
    Aurorainthenorth Posts: 5 Member
    Getting Massages,
    Swimming,
    Watching HGTV!
    Playing with My 2 Cats.
    Sex ( with my husband, BIG stress relief hahah!!!)
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Some of these are repeated, but here are some of mine:

-having a bath
    -reading a good book
    -watching a flim
    -curling up with my cat
    -seeing a friend or talking on the phone
    -a cup of hot tea (ok, I have a couple every day, but not until the evening, and I often look forward to relaxing with my cup of tea)
    -baking (stopped doing this when I started on MFP, but I'm better at baking small quantities now, or freezing, or giving stuff away)
    -watching comedy clips on youtube
    -meditating
    -yoga
    -going for a walk
    -putting some rock songs on itunes - loud - and singing along
    -playing a computer game
    -watching dvd box sets of old favourite TV shows
    -blogging
    -painting my nails
    -going to the beach
  • I love going on "Pinterest" and have a bulletin board full of tips and projects I want to try. I also love to bake .. and believe it or not, I don't really have a problem controlling myself or being around it. I leave a little at home for my kids to enjoy and I take the rest in to work and let my co-workers enjoy it. The fun for me is making it .. not eating it.
    Hi what is Pinterest and how do I get "on it"
    \

Pinterest.com
    You make an account by someone who already has an account emailing you an invite. It's a bunch of 'pin-boards' that you can save things too. You can look at other peoples and follow their boards if you like what they post. If you want, message me your e-mail address & I'll send you an invite.
  • Crystalmh88
    Crystalmh88 Posts: 6 Member
    Reading a good book

Give myself mani and pedi

Playing video games :glasses:
  • sensored44
    sensored44 Posts: 45 Member
    Heh.. my new vice is THIS!
  • evajg
    evajg Posts: 38 Member
    Browsing in bookstores...really taking my time as if I were at the library.

Which makes me think of going to the library!

Surfing the net...I love to google...it leads me to so many different things....I'm easily distracted!

Playing on my iPad....my Mother's Day gift from my wonderful daughter and son-in-law...lots of free apps to download.

Watching old movies on Turner Classics....love when there is a string of some of my fave old stars...Ida Lupino, John Garfield, etc.

Taking the grandkids to the movies....believe me at these prices and 4 grandsons....that's indulging...plus I feel so good about myself when I stay away from the candy and popcorn!
  • betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    I like to get outside and walk on trails, walk in scenic areas, or ride my bike in these areas. It relieves stress as well as getting some exercise. I always feel great after. It's a good way to unwind after a day at work. I just started doing this a couple of years ago, and I can't believe how many beautiful trails and places I have found close by home that I have never seen.
  • dshgna
    dshgna Posts: 54 Member
    Zumba!!!!
  • texasgal22
    texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
    I find I need to do something that will burn the energy in me whether it is talking, walking or some other activity but I have to do something.