List of Things to Indulge In - THAT ISNT FOOD

Replies

• Hmmm..usually I tend to reward my self with my favorite snack or meal but after reading your post I have a new spin on my "reward" system. So for this week I will reward myself with a medi/pedi from my ALL time favorite salon that I don't usually visit too often.

Thanks for the post!:wink:
  • I really like your quote. I wont call myself a binge eater but I do I over eat and feel horrible immediately afterwards. I was raised to never waste food so instead of eating until I am satisfied I eat every last bit. I am now teaching myself how to eat smaller portions and stop when I feel satisfied and not stuffed.
  • Journaling
    Long chats with close pals
    Massage
    Date night with husband
    Rewatching one of my favorite movies
    Long walk on a crisp fall day
    Family music night (play guitar, big fire roasting smores, horseshoes, lots of laughing and talking)
  • losingw8now
    losingw8now Posts: 105 Member
    So glad to see that reading a magazine is not so old school it's extinct. I consider getting one of those and indulging in it a "treat".
    Also go to the movies or rent a movie (redbox is great!) as something special.
    But since we are emotional eaters. these things may or may not keep us from eating. Usually there is something underlying that is on our minds or bothering us, or stressing us out, so the best thing is to call and talk to someone: a friend, your mom (if that is someone who you like to talk with and helps you with your problems - mine I can tell even the mundane details of my life to and she likes to hear it) or someone from an OA (overeaters anon.) group if you have gone to one. If not - try one of those and get some numbers - these are people who can relate to eating not because you are hungry but because of a bad day, worry, or something bigger in your past.
  • I try to get up move but some time I just cant I do it for my family in mind.
  • - Go shopping
    - Online shopping
    - Take the kids to do something fun (park, etc)
    - Plan a birthday party for someone
    - Clean a closet
    - Call an old friend
    - Call your mom.
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    BUYING SMALLER CLOTHES!!!! :love: This the best reward I could ever give myself. :flowerforyou:

So many good Ideas! But this is one I can not wait to do!
  • schonsdragon
    schonsdragon Posts: 102 Member
    Things I like to indulge in:

- make up, both buying and trying new techniques
    - getting my nails done
    - buying cute clothes that are smaller
    - going on early morning walks
    - meeting up with friends
    - buying new shoes
    - getting out to shoot more photos
  • anyuta_m
    anyuta_m Posts: 5 Member
    Salsa dancing... I never want to eat when I am out dancing even if the food is readily available which clearly proves that most of the time I do not eat because I am hungry. Love swimming, volleyball, Zumba and Pilates too
  • Catlover165
    Catlover165 Posts: 19 Member
    My reward list:

mani/pedi

Tanning... I love the heat and feels so good on my old bones
    new cook book for healthier meal ideas

as I lose I go to the thrift store and find good used clothes to wear for a few bucks

a hot steamy quickie with my husband ;)

my own spa with candles and lavender soak!!
  • queencatwana
    queencatwana Posts: 10 Member
    Hiking in the woods
    Acupuncture Session for Stress Relief
    Drawing and Painting something I love
    Sleeping in the sun with my cat :)
  • https://www.pinterest.com/

You register using your email address or FaceBook. Then you can search for things to save: recipes, sayings, pictures, crafts etc. When you are ready you can go back and follow the directions for the crafts or recipes, etc.
  • When I was growing up, my mother use to say idle hands are the devil's workshop. She would teach me crocheting, embroidery, cross stitch, crafts, reading whenever I said I was bored. I can't do a lot of this stuff any more due to the pain in my hand joints from arthritis. But anything to keep me busy will help me stay away from the emotional eating.:wink:
  • mine is to take my camera and go out shooting...that can take my mind off things..and its so rewarding when you get a good pic.
  • Purplebfly333
    Purplebfly333 Posts: 32 Member
    Me
    Reading
    Hanging out w/Family
    Attending Church
    Crocheting
    Watching You tube videos
    Soap Making
    Gardening
  • Drawing, going for a walk/run, singing, sleeping. I think they're my main cope-mechanisms. Other than that I drink water, tea or coffee if i dare to enter the kitchen ;-)
  • chelseafisher5648
    chelseafisher5648 Posts: 60 Member
    I relate I was an addict. I had quit meth and used pot quit pot and drank quit drinking accept special occasions (vacation) and eat. I also always through myself into my crazy schedule. I had fulltime work, part time military and first degree than second degree, Than finished those and had part and fulltime job. Now military done, school done, good paying job so only need one and really feeling lost. I found I moved here five years ago an don't have one friend I never had time for friends extra time was with family and when I traveled home I had friend time with my old friends. I don't know what makes me happy anymore besides food and than my weight makes me depressed. :( I don't have money to go shopping get massages or salon and I like to cook but I cook what I like than over eat. Struggling to find activities I enjoy even worse it being winter and to cold to do outside activities.
  • btm141
    btm141 Posts: 9
    That is all good, but meeting up with friends is bad as my friends always want to go to mcdonalds or some fast food place.
  • nikki_livefree
    nikki_livefree Posts: 10 Member
    Arts & Crafts - Making collages that relate to health/fitness goals and things I love that keep me sane along the way towards my goals :)
  • cherylphillips1946
    cherylphillips1946 Posts: 2 Member
    this is to add to the list:
    painting
    art journaling
    playing with grand children
    walk at arboretum or gardens
    plan healthy meals and snacks
    look up low carb recipes and snacks
    reading
    volunterring (sp?)