List of Things to Indulge In - THAT ISNT FOOD

Options

Replies

• Greeneyes364
    Greeneyes364 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Pinterest is my favorite...I look at all the quotes and humor....I also enjoy the women fashions.. Can't wait till I am able to fit in the fashionable clothes. It definitely.

Yeah I want to be able to wear a high waisted skirt and not look dumpy! lol
  • Greeneyes364
    Greeneyes364 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love going on "Pinterest" and have a bulletin board full of tips and projects I want to try. I also love to bake .. and believe it or not, I don't really have a problem controlling myself or being around it. I leave a little at home for my kids to enjoy and I take the rest in to work and let my co-workers enjoy it. The fun for me is making it .. not eating it.
    Hi what is Pinterest and how do I get "on it"

http://pinterest.com/ you pin things you like that you find online!
  • MommyLovesHerFurBabies
    Options
    For those that are having problems at work..take healthy foods...keep a special K or fiber one bar in your desk or purse or something.
    I found I LOVE the fiber 1 brownies.
    Another thing I do to distract myself, etsy.com
    I love to look at the holiday decorations, jewelry, or anything else that happens to suit my fancy that day.

I also LOVE to bake. Its hard to not pick but I am always baking for the guys my husband works with (their Marines so they devour anything edible lol) and to help keep me on track while I'm baking I secretly make healthy desserts (or main dishes) (shhh its a secret :wink: ).
    But when I'm not baking, I'm shopping on Amazon for new bakeware that would make my life easier and if I'm doing good financially I'll indulge myself by buying something that I want/need (next thing on my list is an insulated cookie sheet YAY).
  • kristind622
    Options
    What can I do when I'm at work? The most difficult time for me is when I'm at work (sitting at a desk in front of the computer) and I can't really go take a bath....I do surf the net and come on MFP but any other ideas? I do get up and take breaks every now and then....any other ideas besides taking a walk? :smile:

I have a small playlist of inspirational music that I use for when I'm feeling the urge to do something I probably shouldn't. Also, by having this list, I am more conscious of how I am feeling at that moment and most times, can reign it in before I make decisions I will later regret.
  • kimberley_1
    kimberley_1 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Going through your wardrobe sorting through all your clothes finding small ones that fit now fit or will soon and getting rid of old ones the a to big :D
  • Taking a great picture!
  • tommyo3000
    Options
    sex, drugs, no lie
  • weightingtobloom
    weightingtobloom Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Some of these are repeated, but here are some of mine:

-having a bath
    -reading a good book
    -watching a flim
    -curling up with my cat
    -seeing a friend or talking on the phone
    -a cup of hot tea (ok, I have a couple every day, but not until the evening, and I often look forward to relaxing with my cup of tea)
    -baking (stopped doing this when I started on MFP, but I'm better at baking small quantities now, or freezing, or giving stuff away)
    -watching comedy clips on youtube
    -meditating
    -yoga
    -going for a walk
    -putting some rock songs on itunes - loud - and singing along
    -playing a computer game
    -watching dvd box sets of old favourite TV shows
    -blogging
    -painting my nails
    -going to the beach

Great list! What I love to do is bake for other people. I find that it allows me to think about food and be around it without eating it. For me, I overeat because I think about food so often that I convince myself that I NEED some. Baking satisfies my thoughts. Of course, if you will be too tempted to eat your baked goods before you have the chance to give them away, this isn't the best option!
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Sweet lovin. ;)
    Naps.
    Hobbies - I love to sew and refashion clothes.
    Home spa treatments - I give myself a facial, hot oil hair treatment, mani, pedi, waxing, etc etc etc
    Watching movies snuggled up under a blanket with a glass of wine (not food lol).
    Turn up your iPod or Pandora and have yourself a dance party.
  • Radface
    Radface Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have three sticky notes on my monitor full of stuff to do besides eating!

Some of the highlights:
    -Make coffee/tea
    -Take a long, hot shower
    -Go for a long walk with a podcast
    -Read something for fun
    -Paint my nails
    -Online shop (this can keep me occupied for HOURS)
    -Tumblr, blogs, Pinterest, Polyvore
    -Play a video game (or even something little like Neopets, haha)
    -discover new music on Last.fm
  • Lyles41
    Lyles41 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am new to this blog. I have the same afternoon problem with wanting to eat anything, even though I am not hungry. Stress and anxiety triggers me also. I think that I will try a proactive approach starting Monday. I will start destressing around 1 in heavy doses of a long bath, cup of hot tea, or even drink 32 oz of water to fill my stomach up so that I don't put food in there. I'll let you know how it goes. Im going to look at this like taking my alternative, antistress medicine. I will take up the hobby of sewing also. I think it will give me something to do with my hands.
  • KathleenSweetie
    KathleenSweetie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Starting and slowly working on a home improvement project, a long shower, reading magazines, calling a friend, looking up healthy recipes online, planning an (imaginary) exciting vacation
  • sunshineliz
    Options
    New to the group. I'm finding I just really need to do something with my mouth. I've taken up gum chewing. :)
  • bobcat51992
    Options
    I like to browse Barnes & Noble without checkbook
    Watch a good silly comedy (Mel Brooks)
    Netflix queue
    listening to stereo
    Reading a good Fiction/Non-Fiction Book
    Facebook
  • amandaanderson2786
    amandaanderson2786 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    spend some time outdoors maybe play frisbee with my fiance and daughter is always a faveotite around here!
  • pshe9280
    pshe9280 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    sometimes lying down watching tv and drifting off to sleep for a short while helps when a craving strikes
  • JenCHG
    JenCHG Posts: 74
    Options
    Go for a nice walk...:heart:
  • Ladybud2
    Ladybud2 Posts: 26
    Options
    reading and word search books
  • tokig0313
    tokig0313 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Cuddle time with my kitty