List of Things to Indulge In - THAT ISNT FOOD

Options

Replies

• Lind140
    Lind140 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I buy myself a new bottle of nail polish every time I have
    a success. My scales aren't moving very much, but the inches
    are coming off to the point I've enjoyed buying new dresses.
    From a 24 to a 14 and 16 is an incredible drop for me, and I
    want so badly to drop more.
    I've also picked up my crochet hook and I'm making a beautiful
    sage green afghan for my new couch for this winter as a future reward
    for getting very close to my goal. It keeps my hands busy and not reaching
    for food.
  • mlnopper
    mlnopper Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,

I just joined this group and was so glad to find it.

I was going to add that I like going on Zappos because I'm addicted to shoes. But they also have great outfit ideas if you click on the links at the top of the page. Almost as good as interest!

Also, my trick is to steal my daughter's gummy princess vitamins. It satisfies the sweet tooth without many calories. Or sometimes I get sugar-free cherry lifesavers.

I wondered if anyone else is a student? I'm going back to school for nursing. I find that eating snacks is part of my study routine and I'd like to stop doing that. I'd welcome any suggestions.
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Reading
    Surfing the 'net
    Walking
    Making Love (giggles)
    Shopping
    Video Games
    Painting/Art Work
    Water
    Blogging/Journals
  • Saratini76
    Saratini76 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    BUYING SMALLER CLOTHES!!!! :love: This the best reward I could ever give myself. :flowerforyou:

Ohhhh yessss! This is my fave! Just bought a pair of shorts last weekend (I haven't worn shorts in public for years!) in the size I was just after giving birth to my daughter!

I also love painting my toes and although it IS food related, I like to seek recipes online and plan to use them in the future.

I am also addicted to Scramble with Friends and an app on my kindle called candy swipe free!
  • live2play65
    live2play65 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Re: What is Pinterest? It's a website where people share ideas, projects, links to useful articles and websites. Search anything you're interested in: interior decorating, art, gardening, etc. I'm a teacher, so I go on for teaching ideas. When you're searching and find something you like, you can press the "pin" button and it gets pinned onto your page. Go to Pinterest.com and the site will give you instructions on how to get started. Have fun with it!
  • marinajess
    Options
    trying on my "skinny" clothes!
    and looking at pictures of myself.. 10 pounds ago!
  • lookingooddeb
    Options
    I love playing with my daughter and our hyper puppy; playing a game, cleaning or organizing something, reading, talking, listening to music and scrapbooking. I saw someone mention an inspiration book and I love that idea. Im going to work on one right away.
  • bfpower
    bfpower Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    - sex (also, log that in mfp)
    - bragging on mfp, and every once in a great while on Facebook
    - race entry fees (I'm getting addicted)
    - I like stats, so I like to work out how much I'm saving on food bills and then channel that into a vacation or golf fund
  • stickerj
    stickerj Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Go to an Opera... something really special about the whole experience even for those people who don't follow it...the costumes, orchestra, amazing sets and getting lost in the story and the emotions.. try it once if you haven't yet!

I love to go to art/history museum. Something being surrounded by beautiful inter sting things is just wonderful.
  • stickerj
    Options
    Lots of problems with snacking while studiyng. I try to study away from my house and refrigerator.
  • stickerj
    Options
    Hi,

I just joined this group and was so glad to find it.

I was going to add that I like going on Zappos because I'm addicted to shoes. But they also have great outfit ideas if you click on the links at the top of the page. Almost as good as interest!

Also, my trick is to steal my daughter's gummy princess vitamins. It satisfies the sweet tooth without many calories. Or sometimes I get sugar-free cherry lifesavers.

I wondered if anyone else is a student? I'm going back to school for nursing. I find that eating snacks is part of my study routine and I'd like to stop doing that. I'd welcome any suggestions.

Lots of problems with snacking while studiyng. I try to study away from my house and refrigerator. If that is not possible. I study in the living room.
  • kaihunter45
    kaihunter45 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Drinking enough water was always a challenge for me so when I got my 8 glasses in for a day I indulged in one of my not so guilty pleasures of sparkling water, which I love. Now it's just automatic around 8 pm if I had enough water for the day I get my "fizzy" water.

I mall walk to combine walking with window shopping (most malls open a few hours early for walkers here in PA)
    Going to the Ren. Faire is always a big reward for me.
    I love to write letters so getting new note cards is always a reward
    Taking the time to do my nails
    Rarely - taking a night at a local hotel that has in room Jacuzzis or a hot tub is a major reward
    A new book
    An encouragement card from a friend or family member.
  • sophisli
    sophisli Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    BUYING SMALLER CLOTHES!!!! :love: This the best reward I could ever give myself. :flowerforyou:

OMG Yes!!!
  • mv730i
    mv730i Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    taking an hour to be lazy and do nothing. ^_^
  • DS4725
    DS4725 Posts: 5
    Options
    Music.....I love music so I'll buy a new CD to listen to on my long commute to work.
  • SweetLilyR
    SweetLilyR Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    * Netflix and knitting
    * Reading a book - I have at least 5 going at all times
    * Going out with the girls to listen to live bands at the local bars
    * Sex (with or without my hubby!)
    * Surfing the internet (I have to stay away from Pinterest or I'll be on there for HOURS!)
    * Drinking water, esp. when I've added a sprig of chocolate mint
    * Decluttering my house
    * Going for a drive to my favorite swimming spot late at night to do some clandestine night swimming
    * Crafting - my goal is to have a completely handmade holiday one of these years

Because money is very tight around my house, I have to be very creative in finding treats that don't cost anything. I've traded baked goods and craft items for massages and mani-pedis, but that's only once or twice a year at most. I find even having my morning cup of coffee on the back porch rather than at the kitchen table is a treat for me...
  • kjennings0202
    kjennings0202 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love to read, but I read so much I can easily inhale food without even think about it. So for me I need to do something to keep my hands and mind busy to avoid emotional eating, or boredom eating. Recently, I've worked on making my sons birthday decorations and that helps a lot! Scrapbooking is another good one for me too.
  • Amanda_Tate28
    Amanda_Tate28 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    New to the group. I'm finding I just really need to do something with my mouth. I've taken up gum chewing. :)
    be careful you can seriously damage your jaw. I forget the name of it but it will make your jaws hurt for the rest of you life.
  • thehealthyf00die
    thehealthyf00die Posts: 25 Member
    Options

I like to "window shop" online and look at all of the clothes that I would like to fit into! Way to go ^^^ !!! Hopefully, I'll be there soon enough to do it in person! :D
  • lindenc
    lindenc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    it is truly amazing how much more of yourself you find when you stop covering it up with food.

SO TRUE. I used to/I often spend hours hiding myself away, binge eating and feeling horrible... That's how I would spend my day!! Disgusting, but also- more importantly -completely uninspiring/unproductive.