Add me as a friend list

Options

Replies

• hayjessmum
    hayjessmum Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm a 38 year old single mum living in Orange NSW feels like Antarctica! LOL I am only 5 foot and have about 30kg to lose :( I am currently doing another program and trying to eat as clean as possible and have just started going back to the gym <3 it. Please feel free to add me.
  • mishtery
    mishtery Posts: 148
    Options
    yep.. up for more friends, new on here!! :)
  • EmmaGem76
    EmmaGem76 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm from Canberra

I have a long road ahead and this revolting cold weather is playing with my motivation

I'd like to friend other Aussies and I'm keen to hear what people who don't have gym memberships do for exercise?
  • pinktasha
    pinktasha Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey all
    Im a 29 yo mum of 2 boys, after my second son, my weight has all come back that I lost before I fell pregnant, Im just looking for friends for motivation and inspiration..please add me if you want to =)
  • shirellp
    shirellp Posts: 12
    Options
    What an awesome idea this thread is!!
    I am a mum of two, 5 yo and 4 month old. Have 12 kilos to lose, have lost 3 with mfp already, and have just started following the eat more to weigh less philosophy. Was sick of starving myself at 1200 calories and feeling like I could eat the leg off a chair allyhr time.
    I work out with a trainer 3 ties a week as well as doing a mix of walking, Zumba (at home in front of the Telly!) and elyptical trainer.
    Would love to have some friends from aus who are like minded and heading for the same goals.
    My weakness is my chocolate addiction and sweet tooth, please feel free to add me.
  • dpalmer_88
    Options
    Hey there

I' m in need of a friend friend additions. I'm new to the whole fitness scene, never have i ever really thought about changing my lifestyle until a recent trip to the states where all we ate was take-away food as it was the easiest (not healthiest) option.

Since returning I've been preparing my own meals, eating healthy snacks of fruits, nuts and vegetable sticks and I'm actually enjoying it.

I have just also recently started going to the gym and having a few of my mates motivate me as much as possible and to push myself as hard as ever.

I'm hoping not only to make new friends in the real world but also on MFP, as I have been told of this wonderful online community that share stories, motivate one another and just keep track of how everyone is.

I may be new to this, but I'm sure as hell motivated.

-Palmer.
  • joied
    joied Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi, interested in adding me as a friend? I'm female, 50 yo, a mum to 3 kids, have a loving partner, living in Sydney and needing to lose for now 6 kgs, then another 5, then another 5. Hope to hear from you.
  • amyschintler
    Options
    Hi all,

I am a 41 almost 42 (yay double 21st coming very soon) mum of 1. I found this site last week and so far have been very good with what I have been putting in my mouth. It's amazing just how much bad stuff is out there. I am constantly looking at the labels of food to see if I can eat it or not or if I can just how much I can eat. I am trying to lose 30 kgs as I am so sick of myself and hate the way I feel. I am not one for doing a lot of excercise but will start. I need some motivation and support as I am not telling my family what I am doing. I am hoping they will notice and comment without any prior knowledge of what I am doing. Please add me. Would love to get some advice from others in the same boat as me. :flowerforyou:
  • hanga10
    hanga10 Posts: 25
    Options
    Happy to be added
  • mishtery
    mishtery Posts: 148
    Options
    I'm up for more friends too :) A mum of 5. 4 older children doing there own thing etc and an 11 yr old at home. Married, divorced/widowed. 4 from first marriage, and youngest from my late partner. I'm currently studying Div 2 nursing. I'm a PCA (personal carer) in an aged care facility. Love my job. Feel free to add me :)
  • alanic
    alanic Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    Firstly well done on the weight loss.
    I'm also in my forties ( mum of 2 ) and would love to get going on this site.
    I have lost 6 kgs a while ago with weight watchers but am done with that now and am looking to loose another.
    I would appreciate it very much if you could let me know how this works for Aussies. The site seems to be all in cals not kjs and be for USA products? Look forward to hearing from you.
  • rat70
    rat70 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm in Canberra. I've been on MFP for a year today. I've lost 20kg but I've been struggling with food lately. I'd love some more friends for renewed inspiration and motivation. Would love new Australian friends in particular. I'm not on the website much (I use the app on my phone) so don't go onto the forums much. I'm a 42 year old mother of 3 with another 10kg to lose. I run three times a week (currently training for the Sydney City to Surf on 12 August), love RPM at the gym and plan to compete in more novice triathlons this summer. That's a bit about me. Hope to meet some of you!
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm from freezing cold Canberra too! I'm only new on MFP, but I've been actively trying to lose weight for the last 18 months. Unfortunately, I didn't change my diet when I started and have only recently done so. Now I'm seeing some really good changes and I'm pushing myself quite hard with this 10 Week challenge I've entered through my Personal Trainer's Company.

I'd love some more Aussie friends to help motivate me along the way!
  • gismowest
    gismowest Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I am 31, from Melbourne and have just started again! I have been on MFP for ages, but have only recently gotten serious about changing my lifestyle. I am focusing on changing my life and eating simple, wholesome foods, rather than eating processed diet stuff, and am exercising where I can, but easing into it so that I keep it up!

I have 30-odd kg to lose and am working on it now as my hubby (who is supportive and also wants to lose weight, but is much more focused on what he wants "now" rather than the future) is interstate for the next 4-6 weeks looking after his parents, so I would love for him to notice a difference in me when he gets back... but if the difference he notices is that my habits are much healthier, rather than a heap of weight loss, that would be great too!

Anyway, feel free to add me if you would like!
  • lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Add me! Would be nice to have more West Aussies though so more people are online at the same time :-)
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Any Brisbane people ? Primal/unprocessed eaters?
  • krisaddress
    krisaddress Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Any Canberra People?? But anywhere worldwide is GR8 too!!

I'm not exactly in weight losing mode but I count calories to maintain and I want to get fitter and firmer!! I exercise a lot, and I will be very encouraging and sometimes I might have some OK advise :)
  • Blondehelmet
    Blondehelmet Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm Bec from Melbourne! Joined a few months ago but really giving it a go now! I am 5'3 and have about 25kgs to lose. Would love to have some friends on this site, so feel free to add me people!!
  • mrtimps
    mrtimps Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kurt. 33yo from Melbourne. A lot to lose (eventually looking at losing at least 30-40kgs) and looking for some extra support/motivation.
  • abbywhale
    abbywhale Posts: 1
    Options
    26yr old new mum struggling to lose weight. Always been a chubba and trying to do something about it.Looking for people to keep me motivated and share advice....