Things Not to Say When You're on a Dating Site

Options

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    P.S. This thread is worthless without pictures.

jake-ryan.jpg

50265_91594084679_2811899_n.jpg

AAAAC2yek18AAAAAAQv0Kw.jpg?v=1290745087000
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the photos...swoon...
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Sorry but not sorry that this turned into the sixteen candles, I :heart: Jake Ryan topic.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    omg omg omg omg I got a "Someone would like to meet you" on POF. I went to go check it and at first I thought it was a girl. Hair about as long as mine, moob's, the picture was dark so I couldn't see their actual face. I looked at the other pictures and he posted a picture of the inside of his mouth as if to say "Look I have all my teeth". None of the pictures had a clear view of his face but I could tell if he had any fillings.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the photos...swoon...

swoooning here too........ahhhh Jake Ryan :)
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    omg omg omg omg I got a "Someone would like to meet you" on POF. I went to go check it and at first I thought it was a girl. Hair about as long as mine, moob's, the picture was dark so I couldn't see their actual face. I looked at the other pictures and he posted a picture of the inside of his mouth as if to say "Look I have all my teeth". None of the pictures had a clear view of his face but I could tell if he had any fillings.

Eeewwww....
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

Eeewwww....

Double ewwwwwww.....

I'm smitten with this new guy. :heart: He's saying all the right things. We've been texting since the weekend (but he hasn't asked me out! GRRRR).
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    P.S. This thread is worthless without pictures.

jake-ryan.jpg

50265_91594084679_2811899_n.jpg

AAAAC2yek18AAAAAAQv0Kw.jpg?v=1290745087000

yummy yummy...

I LOVED him in Mermaids too..... :heart:
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    Omg I was distracted enough already, and then you go and put Jake Ryan pics up.....:love::smooched:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Just had this email exchange with a new friend (from another online venue, not MFP):

"So, do you like younger white guys?"
    "Of course!"
    "Great, bring it on then! Do you think your old bones can handle a younger man, LOL"

My "old bones" can handle quite a bit.. but since that's his second email to me, he'll never get a chance to find out.

So.... Mr Young Bones does not like being ignored...he sent me an email that says "I guess you couldn't get to the walker to bring it lol"

Now, I know guys like to play around with jokes and stuff. But really? REALLY? SMH!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I JUST read a profile that said "I am not excited about entering the dating scene." Well, let me hurry and email you right away, Mr. Happy!
  • toots99
    Options
    Oh, and the very next profile was this gem!: "Lookn 4 sum1 real & down 2 earth,likes going out & stayin home with a gud movie. Must love 2 laugh. Must be a lady in the streets & a freak in da sheets! Must not smoke & must be mentally stable! Act ur age."

"Act ur age"? Act like your literate!
  • toots99
    Options
    Holy *kitten*, am I on match.com candid camera? THIS was the very next profile..."I like a good dinner and Good conversation comedy movies woman with goals I like tray something different life is only one and u have to enjoy I love 4x4 trucks fishing camping in a woman I like passion a woman with passion is like fire with goals in their life with great actuate"

WTF do the last to words mean?
  • toots99
    Options
    Okay, I don't know what the F is going on. because this was the NEXT person I was matched with, right after the other three gems above:

"Not gonna write a whole lot because there's not a whole lot about me to write about, I am pretty just down to earth. I work full time and have very little time to meet a nice young lady. I am 40 years old and I am that guy you see sitting at a diner or some restaurant by himself eating his lunch and often times dinner, because I have no one to eat out with, my house is alone most of the time and I don't have riches or great looks or a great body to share with you. I used to have my face picture on here. No one ever said I was cute or handsome. I am just one other lonely dude looking for a friend that he can eventually call his wife one day. Simple nothing else to say.

My hot spots:My sofa, or sitting at my desk.
    A few of my favorite things:Taking showers, eating food."

His favorite thing is taking a shower...that's a plus.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    In my profile I state that I am a die hard Twins fan. I have gotten a few messages telling me how they suck. Really you want to hit on a girl by telling her that her team sucks or are you just an angry little man in general?
  • solman66
    solman66 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    In my profile I state that I am a die hard Twins fan. I have gotten a few messages telling me how they suck. Really you want to hit on a girl by telling her that her team sucks or are you just an angry little man in general?

Hard to say without seeing the messages, but could be just "playful" teasing not coming across in writing? I've wanted to try that with Flyer fans, but figured (like you pretty much said) it would look like I'm just a prick.

On a side note, do women look at the "body type" section for guys? There was a thread a while ago that explained what the guy translation was for the body type that woman puts in her profile. I was wondering if the same thing went on for women.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Okay, I don't know what the F is going on. because this was the NEXT person I was matched with, right after the other three gems above:

"Not gonna write a whole lot because there's not a whole lot about me to write about, I am pretty just down to earth. I work full time and have very little time to meet a nice young lady. I am 40 years old and I am that guy you see sitting at a diner or some restaurant by himself eating his lunch and often times dinner, because I have no one to eat out with, my house is alone most of the time and I don't have riches or great looks or a great body to share with you. I used to have my face picture on here. No one ever said I was cute or handsome. I am just one other lonely dude looking for a friend that he can eventually call his wife one day. Simple nothing else to say.

My hot spots:My sofa, or sitting at my desk.
    A few of my favorite things:Taking showers, eating food."

His favorite thing is taking a shower...that's a plus.

OMG!!! I give the guy 10/10 for honesty, but really, not exactly a bundle of laughs on a night out. Although he will smell nice :laugh:

Thanks for sharing these profiles, reminds me why I gave up on dating sites. But hey, it works for some people :flowerforyou:
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

There's a funny way to tease a girl about her favorite teams. For example, the Minnesota Twins. The Minnesota Twins last won the World Series in 1991. 1991 was a long time ago. So you could say something like this...

Do you realize that the last time the Twins won the World Series, one of the top selling albums on the Billboard 200 was Mötley Crüe's Decade of Decadence? Fortunately for the Twins, they'll win a World Series again before the Crüe sniffs the top of the Billboard charts.

That line makes fun of how long it has been since the Twins were really good, but in a feel good (pun fully intended) and funny sort of way. :laugh:
  • JanieJack
    Options
    Wow Toots99... I. Can't. Stop. Laughing!
  • JanieJack
    Options
    On a side note, do women look at the "body type" section for guys?

I've never paid attention to that (people lie). I just look at the pictures. And like the thread for women said, if they only have a face shot, I interpret that as they are hiding a less than desirable body.

Looks are not the most important thing to me... but confidence in one's appearance (whether you have a great body or are still working on it) is *very* important to me.