Things Not to Say When You're on a Dating Site

Options

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Well I got my first ask out from POF, to a baseball game next friday.

woohoooo!!

It's official we have a date next friday.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I had a guy message me once to ask me to send him nude pics of myself. I went ahead and asked him why because I knew I never would, and I am always curious as to why men would think a self-respecting woman would do that. His answer was "because I think you're hot and I want to see what I'm getting" :sick: :angry: :mad: :explode:

That is forward. Is that worse than getting penis pics?
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    I had a guy message me once to ask me to send him nude pics of myself. I went ahead and asked him why because I knew I never would, and I am always curious as to why men would think a self-respecting woman would do that. His answer was "because I think you're hot and I want to see what I'm getting" :sick: :angry: :mad: :explode:

Hmm. No. A penis pic is an optical violation. That was just an offensive request.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

Hmm. No. A penis pic is an optical violation. That was just an offensive request.

There is one guy on POF when looking through his pictures I came to one in his underwear with a full tent. I guess that would be similar to the girls showing their boobs.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    There is one guy on POF when looking through his pictures I came to one in his underwear with a full tent. I guess that would be similar to the girls showing their boobs.

That's just disturbing, yet I am not surprised
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    You'd be surprised to know what "self-respecting women" can do. Since every woman I've asked is apparently self-respecting.

But normally it would take a longer time than this to build the trust with the woman for her to send you nude pics.
    Well, if the woman is after some action, at least it's straightforward.

I would like to try to be more straightforward on POF actually at some point for the purpose of statistical studies and science, and just create a profile that clearly indicates I'm after "it"... Wonders how successful this would be.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Every guy is trying to figure out what you women want us to do. . and not a damn one of us has been able to do it. .

True!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    The one that drives me crazy are the guys who clearly don't read your profile. I can't figure out on POF how to put it so that people that are younger than me don't contact me but I put it on my profile. The amount of guys who contact me when they're you get is annoying!

Also men who 'tlk lk dis' are a massive turn off.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

Also men who 'tlk lk dis' are a massive turn off.

Amen! I even basically said in my profile "Do not use text-speak when you email me, I have no tolerance for it, I will not reply."
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

I would like to try to be more straightforward on POF actually at some point for the purpose of statistical studies and science, and just create a profile that clearly indicates I'm after "it"... Wonders how successful this would be.

There are dedicated sites if you're only looking for sex - Adult friend finder - is one. This is what I dont really understand, why dont people just to one those if all they want is a s h a g?? There are plenty of willing men and women up for 'it' on there.......:bigsmile:
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    'You're not average'

This was on POF. I had no idea what he meant and was told 'sorry you're overweight sorry 2 say, not average' I was confused as hell because I didn't put that I was average, I put few extra pounds (not BBW on the advice of an ex) When I pointed out that I hadn't put average and was losing weight was told 'that's good you would need to lose a bit more before we get together'!!!!!

Oh it gets better. I did a 'thanks but no thanks' and deleted the convo. Got something disgusting back about what he could do to me which made me learn how to block people!
  • flimflamfloz
    Options
    There are dedicated sites if you're only looking for sex - Adult friend finder - is one. This is what I dont really understand, why dont people just to one those if all they want is a s h a g?? There are plenty of willing men and women up for 'it' on there.......:bigsmile:
    Yeah, you must be right actually. Haven't really tried to be honest (the profile on POF or subscribing to AFF). I think AFF must be a paying site though, no? As an official hobo, for me this is a big no no.

Also, there is the chance that subscribing to AFF is a step that a lot of women wouldn't be ready to take (because of the type of site this is). Whereas POF is kinda neutral, they can still date OR meet people for a quick one if they want to and if there is the possibility.
    I would say the crowds on the two websites might be a bit different... So I'm not sure that this actually is strictly equivalent to subscribe on AFF for sex.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I know I am going to catch hell for this.
    But I notice a lot of ladies adding a 'few extra pounds' and I don't think they get the concept of a few.
    A few is 3 or more. But Im sure its not 3-20. I am about 10 lbs overweight and I would never put a 'few'. 10 lbs on a 5'2 person is a lot.
    Im curvy for sure. I may be a 'few extra' in a 'few' weeks.
  • flimflamfloz
    Options
    I know I am going to catch hell for this.
    But I notice a lot of ladies adding a 'few extra pounds' and I don't think they get the concept of a few.
    A few is 3 or more. But Im sure its not 3-20. I am about 10 lbs overweight and I would never put a 'few'. 10 lbs on a 5'2 person is a lot.
    Im curvy for sure. I may be a 'few extra' in a 'few' weeks.
    Not from me! I agree with this, then women get hurt when men ask for full body shots because we don't trust those words anymore (as if your body shape was not going to be discovered at some point anyway). Better be upfront with it so that both know what to expect. Plus hiding it makes me think you have confidence issues, so not really something I'm massively keen on...

The "I want someone who loves me for me" line (which often goes with the "few extra pounds") is a joke. I personally want someone who mistakes me for someone else and loves me because they think I'm someone else. Makes sense? No indeed.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

The "I want someone who loves me for me" line (which often goes with the "few extra pounds") is a joke. I personally want someone who mistakes me for someone else and loves me because they think I'm someone else. Makes sense? No indeed.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    You'd be surprised to know what "self-respecting women" can do. Since every woman I've asked is apparently self-respecting.

But normally it would take a longer time than this to build the trust with the woman for her to send you nude pics.
    Well, if the woman is after some action, at least it's straightforward.

I (personally) don't believe it's very self-respecting to send naked pics to a man who asked for them in the first email, especially since the man did not have a profile picture. That's just crazy! There is a major difference between this situation (which is how it happened) and having an actual relationship with someone and sending him pictures that you know will be kept private and for his eyes only.

Also, you can set up a profile looking just for "it" on most dating sites. It's called "intimate encounter" or something of the sort. Lots of people on there. I used to get hit up all the time by couples and guys who described themselves as nymphos. Apparently I'm just irresistable :devil:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options
    Yeah, you must be right actually. Haven't really tried to be honest (the profile on POF or subscribing to AFF). I think AFF must be a paying site though, no? As an official hobo, for me this is a big no no.

Also, there is the chance that subscribing to AFF is a step that a lot of women wouldn't be ready to take (because of the type of site this is). Whereas POF is kinda neutral, they can still date OR meet people for a quick one if they want to and if there is the possibility.
    I would say the crowds on the two websites might be a bit different... So I'm not sure that this actually is strictly equivalent to subscribe on AFF for sex.

hobo!! :laugh: :laugh:

Personally, I think that people should just make their intentions known. I dont think the crowds are different, just on AFF they are more straight forward and honest. On 'dating' sites, its just BS to say you're dating when really all you want is sex. It totally boils my blood when I used to get mail from guys being explicit on a 'dating' site. How is letting me know the size of his c*** got anything to do with 'dating'?? :noway:

But as Kate said, perhaps there are dedicated zones on the free dating sites now. I dunno, I give up on them :flowerforyou:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

Also, you can set up a profile looking just for "it" on most dating sites. It's called "intimate encounter" or something of the sort. Lots of people on there. I used to get hit up all the time by couples and guys who described themselves as nymphos. Apparently I'm just irresistable :devil:

You are hun, you are!! :flowerforyou:
  • EmilyLStuart
    Options
    it took me a mere 3 days to get tired of the messages such as "how are you doing" or "whats up baby". So I put a minimum 100 character rule on my messages.

Now I get messages like:

"how are you doing? oh its telling me i have to put at least 100 to mssg you. sdfasdfasdhfkdfdafdffffffafhdafdfd"
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    it took me a mere 3 days to get tired of the messages such as "how are you doing" or "whats up baby". So I put a minimum 100 character rule on my messages.

Now I get messages like:

"how are you doing? oh its telling me i have to put at least 100 to mssg you. sdfasdfasdhfkdfdafdffffffafhdafdfd"

This just made me crack up!!

Gotta love them.