Things Not to Say When You're on a Dating Site

Options

Replies

• Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    He's SO hot, looks like a "bad boy" (tattoos mmmm) but his profile is nice and no grammer mistakes. Woot!

He asked me what I want to do..

What do I want to do? I hate that question.... I don't know!

tattoooooooos ... yummmmmy ... lol .. and no grammar mistakes??? HOT!

I hate that question too. GAH! Um .. first date ... drinks .. or .. tell him he is the dude .. plan the f'ing date.. ha!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    And now we're texting. I like this guy's pace!!
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    OMG! You are fast! wow!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    HOLY **** girl! I go to lunch and you get a date.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Wow....that is fast!!! Make it work.......... :)
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    Okay just sent out a couple replys. One guy must be sitting there on the site or something because he responds right away. Dude is a tri-athelete.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    the last 10% are "normal"? I have tears of joy when I stumble upon one of these (I should add that I'm not even necessarily physically attracted in the woman often, so yeah, back on to the search then...).

Oh wow, what a trigger... one guy I met from online told me that he was so psyched to discover me because I seemed normal (not psycho) but unfortunately my looks just "didn't do it for him." His loss!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    the sooner you meet, the sooner you know if there is a connection.

this
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    the last 10% are "normal"? I have tears of joy when I stumble upon one of these (I should add that I'm not even necessarily physically attracted in the woman often, so yeah, back on to the search then...).

Oh wow, what a trigger... one guy I met from online told me that he was so psyched to discover me because I seemed normal (not psycho) but unfortunately my looks just "didn't do it for him." His loss!

I have gotten the "It's so nice to see a normal girl on here." line a lot in intial messages.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Okay just sent out a couple replys. One guy must be sitting there on the site or something because he responds right away. Dude is a tri-athelete.

I had match email me when someone sent me a message and I'd get the emails on my phone. . I'd respond from my phone too. So. . .quick response doesn't necessarily mean he's sitting on the site. .just fyi. .
  • La_Amazona
    Options

I don't understand why anybody would be rude. What's the point of that??
    A-hole!

He's a dumbass but you're one hot lady. Seriously. I've seen your FB pics lol.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I was messaging back and forth with 2 guys today. Both asked what I was up to this weekend. I replied with "Nothing planned just a laid back weekend since I have been so busy the rest of March." This to me opens them up to say "Hey why don't we meet ..." or something similar.
    Nope both of them "oh yeah nothing really planned either" WTH. :devil: :grumble:
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I just came acrossed a profile that their opening line was "Looking for a well endowed woman" really really?
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I was messaging back and forth with 2 guys today. Both asked what I was up to this weekend. I replied with "Nothing planned just a laid back weekend since I have been so busy the rest of March." This to me opens them up to say "Hey why don't we meet ..." or something similar.
    Nope both of them "oh yeah nothing really planned either" WTH. :devil: :grumble:

So frustrating!
  • La_Amazona
    Options

And this is when I NEXT them. A guy can't get a clue??? :grumble: :angry: :explode:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options

It could be coming off as "I just feel like relaxing this weekend, so I'm not really up for anything." Guys read a lot into your response about what you're up to. I think most of them are terrified of asking you out at the wrong time and hearing "Sorry, but I can't ...," even if there's a perfectly legitimate reason. So if it seems like there is a chance you'll say no, they often won't ask at all.

But I agree, when you meet on a dating site, it should be pretty obvious that going on dates is your objective, not to mention the fact that you wouldn't be e-mailing them if you had no interest.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I've never done the online dating thing, but I went on POF today just to see what kind of men in my area (I live in Austin, too) are on there, and one guy's profile pic was of him kissing a woman. Now, like I mentioned, I'm no expert on this, but I'm not sure a photo of you kissing someone is the best way to project the image of a man looking for a serious relationship.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

It could be coming off as "I just feel like relaxing this weekend, so I'm not really up for anything." Guys read a lot into your response about what you're up to. I think most of them are terrified of asking you out at the wrong time and hearing "Sorry, but I can't ...," even if there's a perfectly legitimate reason. So if it seems like there is a chance you'll say no, they often won't ask at all.

But I agree, when you meet on a dating site, it should be pretty obvious that going on dates is your objective, not to mention the fact that you wouldn't be e-mailing them if you had no interest.

There's also the school of thought to never have a first date on a Friday or Saturday night. Early/late afternoon Saturday or Sunday could work for some sort of active outdoorsy type first date.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

There's also the school of thought to never have a first date on a Friday or Saturday night. Early/late afternoon Saturday or Sunday could work for some sort of active outdoorsy type first date.

well I guess that is true. Still frustrating.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I've never done the online dating thing, but I went on POF today just to see what kind of men in my area (I live in Austin, too) are on there, and one guy's profile pic was of him kissing a woman. Now, like I mentioned, I'm no expert on this, but I'm not sure a photo of you kissing someone is the best way to project the image of a man looking for a serious relationship.

I just saw one guy with his main picture had him in his underwear. :huh: