Things Not to Say When You're on a Dating Site

Options

Replies

• volleypc
    volleypc Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I keep my profile short.. I try to tell them a little about me like as far as education: I went to school for 12 years but finally got tired and quit in the 8th grade. I also want them to know that I am a giving person so I have: Hobbies: Donating Blood.. 5 gallons so far.

I think there must be some kind of glitch on match.com though because so far no one has responded. I assume they have my email messed up or something? lol
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

On a side note, do women look at the "body type" section for guys? There was a thread a while ago that explained what the guy translation was for the body type that woman puts in her profile. I was wondering if the same thing went on for women.

I don't usually look unless they don't have full pictures and then sometimes I don't even look.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    In my profile I state that I am a die hard Twins fan. I have gotten a few messages telling me how they suck. Really you want to hit on a girl by telling her that her team sucks or are you just an angry little man in general?

There's a funny way to tease a girl about her favorite teams. For example, the Minnesota Twins. The Minnesota Twins last won the World Series in 1991. 1991 was a long time ago. So you could say something like this...

Do you realize that the last time the Twins won the World Series, one of the top selling albums on the Billboard 200 was Mötley Crüe's Decade of Decadence? Fortunately for the Twins, they'll win a World Series again before the Crüe sniffs the top of the Billboard charts.

That line makes fun of how long it has been since the Twins were really good, but in a feel good (pun fully intended) and funny sort of way. :laugh:

One guy sent one "Oh I am a Twins fan to. I love that my team kills them in the playoffs pretty much every year. I am a Yankee fan."
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I keep my profile short.. I try to tell them a little about me like as far as education: I went to school for 12 years but finally got tired and quit in the 8th grade. I also want them to know that I am a giving person so I have: Hobbies: Donating Blood.. 5 gallons so far.

That's hilarious! Love it!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I want to post in my profile that I'm looking to be someone's sugar momma and see who messages me.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I want to post in my profile that I'm looking to be someone's sugar momma and see who messages me.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh I am sure you will get a bunch of response. Maybe make that your "headline"
  • oddyogi
    Options
    Umm.. what's the difference between someone sending you a message and someone just adding you as a favorite without sending a message? Lol.
  • solman66
    solman66 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I thought of using the favorite for women I liked, but didn't have time to respond to right now. However I heard that some women find the whole favorite thing creepy, so I don't use it.
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I thought of using the favorite for women I liked, but didn't have time to respond to right now. However I heard that some women find the whole favorite thing creepy, so I don't use it.

If I see a guy that favorited me but didn't message me I always think "Why didn't he just message me" but now that you mention it I can see where you are coming from about not having time.

Man women are picky. We don't want to be favorited with out a message but want more of a message then 'Hey, what's happen hot stuff.'. We are a bunch of demanding *****es aren't we.
  • oddyogi
    Options

If I see a guy that favorited me but didn't message me I always think "Why didn't he just message me" but now that you mention it I can see where you are coming from about not having time.

Man women are picky. We don't want to be favorited with out a message but want more of a message then 'Hey, what's happen hot stuff.'. We are a bunch of demanding *****es aren't we.

Lmao yes! But after two divorces I have a right to be picky, right?

I'm not so sure about this whole online dating thing. I feel really shallow saying this but I'm not interested in a lot of the men because of their looks. At the same time, I know if I met them by chance in person and they had an awesome personality, I would give them more of a chance than with online dating.

Good thing I meet a lot of people when I go out on the weekends anyway. This online **** is just for fun.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

I thought it was weird too.

But what if they favorite you but then still don't bother writing several days later? My guess then is they want the woman to make the first move and by that point I'm not longer interested (if I even was to start).
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    In my profile I state that I am a die hard Twins fan. I have gotten a few messages telling me how they suck. Really you want to hit on a girl by telling her that her team sucks or are you just an angry little man in general?

Hard to say without seeing the messages, but could be just "playful" teasing not coming across in writing? I've wanted to try that with Flyer fans, but figured (like you pretty much said) it would look like I'm just a prick.

On a side note, do women look at the "body type" section for guys? There was a thread a while ago that explained what the guy translation was for the body type that woman puts in her profile. I was wondering if the same thing went on for women.

O yea, I totally do because I want to see if they're honest with themselves.
    If you put "about average" and you're an easy 50-80 pounds over weight, I worry for you.
    I've dated someone that had "athletic and toned" and was a rail with zero body fat because he couldn't afford groceries.
    I'm not hating here (lets be honest, I put Curvey because i do have curves....just a few extra here and there :tongue: ), but be honest. I'll date someone that is stocky or heavy set so long as they're working to improve their lives. :flowerforyou:
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I think I am just going to start messaging guys on POF "What happen hot stuff?" and if they don't get the reference to Sixteen Candles they they aren't for me.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

Haha, I used to get flattered with the favorite or so and so wants to meet you but now I just ignore/ delete. Eh. If you want to meet me, WRITE me. If I'm one of your favorites well you'll get around to me soon or later if not, well c-ya.

The favorite feature is how FL and I met... :blushing: He favorited me and at that time I thought it was special. haha

Now I'll show my passive aggressive side by using the Meet Me feature. I call it "boy shopping". I'll go and click no no no no no maybe yes during work! lolol Boy shopping is fun. So once they get "La_Amazona wants to Meet you" then they can message me if they want. Yeah, I'm one of "those" that don't contact that guys, sue me.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Haha, I used to get flattered with the favorite or so and so wants to meet you but now I just ignore/ delete. Eh. If you want to meet me, WRITE me. If I'm one of your favorites well you'll get around to me soon or later if not, well c-ya.

The favorite feature is how FL and I met... :blushing: He favorited me and at that time I thought it was special. haha

Now I'll show my passive aggressive side by using the Meet Me feature. I call it "boy shopping". I'll go and click no no no no no maybe yes during work! lolol Boy shopping is fun. So once they get "La_Amazona wants to Meet you" then they can message me if they want. Yeah, I'm one of "those" that don't contact that guys, sue me.

LOL "Boy shopping"!
  • toots99
    Options
    I just had to revive this topic when I came across this profile today:

"You MUST LOVE GOD, be spiritual, and value what's inside people’s hearts more than what's inside their garage to catch my eye. I would rather catch, hang, and then tear my sac on a rusty fence - TWICE - and receive medical attention from a drunk Guatemalan DR, with no icepack, or tetanus shot - having my crotch slowly stitched up with nothing but a Flintstone vitamin for the pain -- than to date a MARRIED woman!!!"

:noway: :huh:
  • toots99
    Options
    Then there was this one:

"Do you know Jesus? If you do, then we should talk! If you don't, or are not sure, please get a Bible or look online for John 3:16, Ephesians 2:8,9 Romans 3:23 and Romans 6:23. A relationship with Jesus is far more important than getting to know me! "
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

"You MUST LOVE GOD, be spiritual, and value what's inside people’s hearts more than what's inside their garage to catch my eye. I would rather catch, hang, and then tear my sac on a rusty fence - TWICE - and receive medical attention from a drunk Guatemalan DR, with no icepack, or tetanus shot - having my crotch slowly stitched up with nothing but a Flintstone vitamin for the pain -- than to date a MARRIED woman!!!"

Some dude is a little obsessed
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

We know how he feels about dating a married woman. I wonder what his thoughts would be about hooking up with one.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

oh wow. lol