Bun and Cheese.....yes, it's that time of year :-)

Options

Replies

• ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i'm ashamed :-(.......easter is over but i have had bun and cheese in in the past week. i really need to put some extra hours in the gym
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I went to my fathers on Father's day and was Surprised there was no Bun or cheese there!
  • ackeebee
    Options
    lol, i still have one and a half (small bun) and about half tin of small cheese. not having it every day hence why it is still there. had piece of the cheese in an omelette a couple days ago
  • TonyStark30
    Options
    I think bun will be my next treat, especially as I've eaten pretty much all the sweet carbs in my Flat! Allthough Fried Dumpling is tempting me too!
  • ackeebee
    Options
    i have not touch the bun and cheese in my house since about saturday but i noticed another tin of cheese and a maxfield bun appear in my kitchen overnight. i might have to sample it this weekend
  • TonyStark30
    Options
    My Shop got in Maxfield Buns but I've never tried them would you recommend?
  • ackeebee
    Options
    i have not opened the maxfield box yet and it might be a while because there is also a small national bun which has been sitting there for over a week (longer than the maxfield). i hear maxfield buns are great but can't remember ever trying them, not even when i lived in jamaica. will keep you informed after i have sampled it.
  • TonyStark30
    Options
    Thanks, I went past the other shop and there were 3 boxes of National Hardo and 2 of Bun loaded on a Barrow, I could have just wheeled it away just like that!
  • ackeebee
    Options
    lol lol
  • TonyStark30
    Options
    I'm buying a Patty Wednesday, and if I hit my goal weight Thursday morning I will fry some Dumpling for breakfast!!!!

If I dont, I will blame said patty lol
  • ackeebee
    Options
    where do you get your patties? i think it's about time juicy beef open an outlet in london man. i often buy some saltfish patties which are quite nice but the sad thing is that one is just not enough.

have not had fried dumpling in a while. i might make some this weekend with liver and kidney
  • TonyStark30
    Options
    There is one brand from a bakery that is ok, I can't remember the name of it but my Aunty is into catering and she told me about them, they are not as wet as Juici but the pastry is right and the meat is the right meat just slightly drier, but some of the others are horrible. A shop I went to had those ones in for a while but the girl at the counter was all dibby and giggly I don't think she understood the difference! But english people like the yellow inside and out english patties so most shops don't bother with the other type as Jamaicans aren't the majority of the customers. When the Shop stopped selling them even the manager said so, and he personally liked the proper ones but can't buy them to waste.

If I find out the Bakery that makes them I'll let you know.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    ok cool. let me know the brand when you find out and where i can find them. i am based in north west london but i will pretty much travel anywhere in london to find them. the ones i use to buy i can't remember the brand but i normally get them in harlesden.
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm coming to your house this weekend for the breakfast!! :smile:
  • ackeebee
    Options
    :laugh:
  • TonyStark30
    Options
    I bought a Small National Bakery bun today, the small loaf not the teeny one I'm not that good!
  • ackeebee
    Options
    I have about half of one of those small national loaf at home as well. Last time i had piece was on Saturday and it was abit dry. I think it is abit stale as the one I had opened before was alot moisture.

it looks like i won't be tasting the maxfield bun as i had a look at the box yesterday and notice it has past its best before date which was 24/06/12. I guess i will have to find something else to do with the small tin of cheese.

Comparing the national with the yummy bun I had over Easter, I would say the yummy one was the nicest by far. I noticed Asda was selling the yummy bun shortly after Easter, not sure if they still do or it was only in stock for the season.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    i think i might buy a pack of excelsior water crackers to eat with the cheese. haven't had water crackers in about 10 years
  • TonyStark30
    Options
    I ate the whole thing.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    damn, lol how many calories was that.

usually i have about 80 - 100g of bun in one sitting with anywhere between 0.5 and 1 oz of cheese