Bun and Cheese.....yes, it's that time of year :-)

Options

Replies

• ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    You seem to be doing well losing even with hardo bread so I think thats great. I want to reach the stage where I can have anything I feel for and still lose, even if there is a temporary gain. I want to be at the stage where I dont feel deprived and I am not there yet. There are some things I definitely have to lock my eyes to because I know I wont be able to stop at just one cheat meal or a cheat day....it will be many days and then me trying to drag myself back up on the wagon.

i can avoid alot of the bad stuff if i put my mind to it, it's portion control i feel i still struggle with most time. maybe mi mussi have long gut
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    lol...lol...lol @ long gut.

Tony has a good plan. I will be trying something along that line and see how it works for me because if I dont know anything else about myself and weight loss I know now that I cant do without carbs....and the bad ones at that.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    lol ok. let me know if it works for you. i might give it a try after
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Its definitely a guilt free plan when you know you can have some form of Cake/bread/pastry every day.
    I need to finally hit my goal, but I know I can cos when i'm on the programme I can get close to it, but just had weddings and other things at the wekends! I'm aiming for end of July now.
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Ok Tony, so give some examples of what you eat. When I try to do low carb I get soooo confused as to what to eat-especially for breakfast. feel like I can only eat so much egg. Don't really have time to make such things like callallo and saltfish or ackee & saltfish so it ends up being some type of BREAD for toast, cereal, crackers. Lunch I can more or less manage with like a salad and a protien and same for dinner-though sometimes when my work schedule gets nuts its just what I can grap whihc is usually some kind of CARB.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    yes tony, pls guide us:laugh:
    i am also struggling with the carbs. even if i have a salad for lunch, i always end up getting a bread roll with it. i just don't feel satisfied otherwise
  • TonyStark30
    Options
    My strategy is to eat the bad carbs for breakfast. And have 500 Cals for lunch, I normally have chicken but you could have a wrap or something If you need carbs lol. and then either fish/drumsticks/ steak or beef strips With greens and mushrooms and beetroot. If you do that 3 days in a row you can squeeze in proper food by day 4 lol. Just don't eat the cake that day as well!
  • ackeebee
    Options
    i think i will follow your advice tony. i will aim to do so next week. i must say i have checked out your food diary and it is rather interesting and you definitely don't deprive yourself :smile: . aren't you bored of nandos and kfc? lol
  • TonyStark30
    Options
    LOL. When I started off Lunch was Wraps, salads and calamari and all sort of fruits, but chicken is easier as far as getting enough protein for the gym, plus it keeps me sane seeing chicken chassis! I'm currently adding more and more carbs until I'm still losing but slower. Them deprive yourself diets end in failure.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    lol, i will definitely be following your example and see if it works for me. you must be doing something right if you are still losing. i am only trying to lose 10 lbs (6 of the 10 i had lost already and gained back)
  • chrisja
    Options
    I too am on a mission to limit and choose better carbs so I definitely will be trying this to see if I can get some better results. Deprivation will not work for me at all.
  • TonyStark30
    Options
    Basically if you are giving yourself extra rice cos you're hungry, but you still miss cake, it nah go work!
  • chrisja
    Options
    Thats my problem...always depriving myself because I think something is bad for me but then end up eating other things to fill the gap, then eventually eating what I really craved for in the beginning. End result ...2 or 3 times more calories than if I had just eaten what I craved in the first place.
  • CharisSunny
    CharisSunny Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I think I wil have some bun and cheese this week...yup, I shall.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    Enjoy:tongue:
  • TonyStark30
    Options
    Pizza is next for me. I plan on going well over my calories that day with sides desserts every ting so my plan is do it once I hit my goal, and to hit my goal After the Athletics is done at the olympics lol.

I might log it just for entertainment lol
  • chrisja
    Options
    Lucky you Tony!

Enjoy the bun and cheese CharisSunny. I remember when I used to eat a round bun and cheese almost everyday for lunch....and I wasn't even gaining weight then.
  • ackeebee
    Options
    lol tony you are too bad. i like your spirit though. now i am craving pizza as well.

chrisja, i am not a fan of the little round buns. i prefer the small long spiced buns. remember at high school when bun and cheese or sugar bun and cheese was the in thing:laugh:
  • TonyStark30
    Options
    I bought 4 ripe plantain today and you should all be proud, bought no Hardo bread!
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Yes Tony, very proud that you passed up the hardo bread!
    Went to Canada for my aunt's funeral last week-only 4-5 days away and damn if I did not put on 4.5 pounds!!! In my case it was just all the food and then there was stew peas and rice and Roti!! Good Lawd!!!!.....No carbs for me for the next few weeks. Hope I can do it. Pray for me ya'll.