LOW CARB MEETING ROOM

Options

Replies

• Lindac672411
    Lindac672411 Posts: 108
    Options
    Dayna: Have you tried Spaghetti Squash? Tastes like the real deal. Can see it on YouTube, just type in Spaghetti Squash.

Thanks for the califlower tip too.

Pecantan: Glad you could make it, hang in here with us low carbers and you will reach your goal in no time flat. :flowerforyou:

Ali: I guess you are going to have to continue to "tweak" your diet to see what works for you. We are here to support/motivate you to be the best you can be while trying to lose the weight. Welcome aboard. Also, CONGRATS on your loss too!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Bailey: You deserve a day off, enjoy the ribs and CONGRATS on your loss too! With your determination, you no doublt will reach 140 in a reasonable time. Just hang in there -- it will be smooth sailing soon!

QUOTE:
    If you keep on going the way you're going you'll end up where you're heading - which direction are you aiming for?
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Ali: I guess you are going to have to continue to "tweak" your diet to see what works for you. We are here to support/motivate you to be the best you can be while trying to lose the weight. Welcome aboard. Welcome aboard. Also, CONGRATS on your loss too!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thanks!!!
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    Try spaghettis squash in spaghetti instead of noodles. It's delish!
    I tried a new recipe the other day and it was awesome!

Since its almost summer time and BBQ season is in full swing for me, I missed potato salad.. I found where you make it as you would normally except replace the boiled potatoes with steamed cauliflower.. If I hadnt known what it was I would not have known. I gave it to a few people and they didnt think twice about it, said it was actually better than most they had had.. SO you can still enjoy potato salad this summer if you make one substitution... Or one for me..

I want to try to use the cauliflower in a pasta salad of some sorts but havent yet to see if I can get the same results, but not sure if I should make the cauliflower into noodle size before or after I steam it.. Let me know if any of you have tried it if you have good results..
  • Bailey543
    Options
    Hi everyone! Think I had too much coffee this morning. I'm all shakey :frown:

The ribs last night were sooooo good! Going to have the left overs for lunch today! I am def going to make that "potato" salad. I have printed off the recipe, just yet to make it. Maybe tonight...

I did not get up and workout this morning. I was dog tired. I went on my run lastnight, but it was the worst run I've yet to have. My running app kept pausing, which made me keep stopping to fix it and I lost my motivation and walked home. Not even a mile! I was bummed, but I guess I ran a little. Better than nothing. I'll do my Ripped in 30 or 30 Day Shred tonight.

Well, got to get back to work. Just took a little break. May go grab my hard boiled egg and have a little snack to hold me over til my ribs!!
  • Lindac672411
    Options
    Great job Bailey. Even though you kept stopping, you still managed to get the cardio you desired.

I lost another 2 lbs this AM and am estatic. It is really hard for me to lose when I have been so inactive due to hip injuiry. But it is coming along and I try to get in as much steps as I can to make up for it.

Everyone have a great day and I will check in later.
  • Bailey543
    Options
    Great job on the loss Linda!!!! :smile:
  • Pamela777
    Pamela777 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Did my measurements and am 5 inches off waist and 4 off bust total. 20 pounds gone - 1 more to go for my goal on the 14th when I see doc. Have lowered carbs a bit to around 50-60. Gotta fly - eat well to be well!:glasses:
  • Lindac672411
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the congratulations. :heart:

Pamela, this is definitely a WOO-HOO moment. Way to go! You help keep me inspired for sure. Have a great day.:happy:
  • Bailey543
    Options
    One step at a time, one pound at a time...
  • Pamela777
    Options
    Thank u for ur support ladies!!!! U keep me going too!!:happy:

Oh, wait! Linda - so nice to see a few pounds lost there - just noticed ur ticker. Congrats!
  • Bailey543
    Options
    Hello all! Sooooo......I caved last night and had some ice cream and a few animal crackers. Big deal, right? I never cheat. Ohhhhh nooooooo!!!! About 1 am I woke up with the worst stomach ache I have EVER had! Maybe not EVER had, but it was bad! I got up and had diarrhea (sorry tmi) and then layed back down moaning and jumped up to puke, followed by more sitting on the toilet. Not good. Not worth the cheat. Today my stomach is so heavy it feels like I swallowed a ton of rocks yesterday. This will be my lesson. I usually feel a little sick after cheating (which I didn't even think about while shoveling the food into my mouth) but never this bad.

Anyway, hope everyone else had a better day yesterday than I did!!
  • Lindac672411
    Options
    Good Morning All!

Bailey: Sorry that the ice cream and crackers made you sick. Feel better. :flowerforyou:

Trick: If you have an Atkins Protein Shake, pour in a bowl mix in some heavy cream and whip it up and let it freeze in the freezer to it get's a little thick (sweeten to taste).

Hoping everyone else is having a great low carb day and looking forward to that loss.
    QUOTE OF THE DAY:

people gain weight by having intimate dinners for two…alone.
  • Pamela777
    Options
    Wow Bailey that is awful - but I know exactly how u feel. I sometimes pay big time for a cheat. Guess our bodies r telling us what it really wants. Do hope u feel better as the day goes on :wink:

Thanks Linda 4 the recipe idea. I have one almost every night for my "filler" and just a little sweet (to keep me going)
  • Bailey543
    Options
    Wow, sounds great, Linda! I'll have to try that! Glad to see you back on here, Pamela!
  • dis5150
    dis5150 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Wow Bailey, so sorry you got sick! I hope you are feeling better!

Linda, that sounds awesome! I may have to buy some Atkins shakes just to try that!

Busy day around here with end of year closing. Just checking in to say hello!
  • Lindac672411
    Options
    Good Morning:

Staying the course is a road that only you can navigate. On a scale it is only left or right. The weekend isn't everyone's friend, as sometimes we lose focus of everything we endured to make the correct choices food-wise during the week.

You are like a Captain of a plane, ship , or a Driver of a bus and/or train. You know what direction you are heading and how you want to get there. Like them, they navigate their course -- so pre-plan and do not deviate as the consequeces might not end up in your favor.

Plan ahead, make sure you have what you need in order to succeed. No excuses... had we taken this advice last year, we would be at our goal today. BE STRESSED or BE BLESSED and get through it , no matter what!!!

Have a great weekend.:blushing:
    Quote of the Day:

"Things change for the better when we take responsibility for our own thoughts, decisions and actions".
  • pecantan53
    pecantan53 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! I'm stocked up, ready for the weekend. No cheating for me! :noway:
    I've got my eye on the prize!!! :glasses: I hope everyone has a fabulous rest of the day and a wonderful & relaxing weekend.
  • Bailey543
    Options
    Hi all,

Later than usual check in for me. Been doing ok. Got my order messed up at the restaurant last night, they forgot my salad, so I had a pretty bad dinner. Not un-Atkins friendly, but no veggie.

Going to a concert tonight (Remedy Drive which is Christian rock) and am planning on shakin my groove thang :) Gonna work some cals off!!

Have a great weekend, and as usual I will check back in here on Monday!
  • Lindac672411
    Options
    Good Afternoon:

Well everyone seems to be doing well and that is a "great" thing for sure.

Still holding on to my 198, so that is a plus for me. Have a great weekend.:bigsmile:
    QUOTE OF THE DAY:
    You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind. – Unknown
  • Broken420
    Broken420 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm planning my meals for next week and hoping my "formula" works to my favor again this week. I know I am speaking blasphamy in the low carb meeting room by saying this...but I have decided to work in one cheat day per week where I eat whatever I want. Last week I lost 4.2lbs. I went to Sonic twice the Saturday before my Thursday weigh in. This Saturday was no better as you can see from my diary. I've been doing some reading on carb-cycling which I'm not following exactly either. This is something the heavy weight lifters do..and that is def not me! So anyway I eat way low-carb Sunday thru Friday and stay within my calorie limits of my BMR(1205) and the Sedentary caloric value set by www.fit2fatradio.com (1693) and eat whatever I want on Saturday and don't even look at the calories. Let's see what happens!

I set my activity level at Sedentary in case I don't work out/walk or do anything. If I do, then it's a bonus. I DO NOT eat back exercise calories because it is already calculated in my goal. My fitbit adds all kinds of calories back, but I just follow my plan. I'm not advocating anyone else do this, but I've had some questions on what I was doing and why.

Let's lose some weight!

Candi :flowerforyou: