Just For Today I will

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Marie, try some red leaf lettuce or green leaf lettuce. You can also use Boston lettuce to wrap things in.

Lin, yes staying on track is very hard. We had our first wine drinking with friends at the boat and she brought out the
    cheese & crackers. I had one piece of hard cheese. That is where the challenge will come. When we
    get together for drinks someone always brings the snacks and chips and such. That is the hard part.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    confessions day, I got off the program yesterday. But back on it today in full force. That was so stupid of me. I open up a pkg of Ritz crackers and was not satisfy till the whole roll was gone. I tape up the box with the 2 other rolls Certainly hope that does not happen again. I did have a low blood sugar during the night and it may have been a carry over for my cravens for carbs.. That is the 1 box I did not get rid of. Should have tho.
    Marie
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,173 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about that Marie. God knows that type of thing has happened to me more often than I care to think about. Glad you're back on it today. Hugs...........wishing you well.

Talk to you soon.

Lin
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Marie - That happens to me too. I bought some gluten free crackers and thought I will only have one
    when I really get hungry. But I too ate too many at one time. We have to give ourselves a break
    sometimes. We just get back on track the next day and try harder.

You are doing great my friend, we are proud of you and you will have success. :bigsmile:

Shirley :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello Lin and Shirley and anyone else who might drop in.

I am reading yet another diet book. This is like none I have read yet. Sounds promising
    It is the eight Hour diet. So I am giving it a try. Why Not? I have tried many and for some reason they fail me.. I know that if you cut your calories you will lose weight. But I just can't resist foods.. This Eight Hour diet you open a window of 8 hours and eat what you want anytime of the eight day and will lose weight. Its worth a try. So far today I have done great............ So if I have a binge I need to do it within my 8 hours. My hours today is 9 AM to AM Now it is getting close to my last meal of the day. So need to get It ready,
    Hugs Marie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Hello Marie and Lin,

Marie, I see you are doing another program. I hope this one is helping. Give it some time to work about a
    month or so and see if you see any results. If not, move on.

Today I will stay on track. I did gain a few over our sailing weekend but that was expected. I was very
    mindful of what I ate and drank. We are not buying cereal bars or anything that will make us snack this time.
    Only fruit or cheese and some crackers. We buy fruit and vegetables plates most of the time.

So far so good, I hope I can keep this up all summer. :smile:

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks Shirley. So far so good. I got to give it time. That is one of the many tings that I am doing wrong. Thid id my third day on this plan. My eight hours of eating is between 9:30 to 5:30 pm/ I just had my last meal about an hour ago. made have to tap my mouth up before it is all over with. lad you had a good time boating and did not over do it on foods and drinks. I did drop 1.6 lb this morning may bse just water tho. I do feel better going 16 hours without food tho. I drank green tea when I first wake up for I do not get creamer till my 8 hours start. And have a cup before bed.

Lin how is your feet. doing Just what is wrong with them.? Ho are you beans , What kind did you cook.?
    Lin you got to get to feeling better

Hugs
    Marie
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hello Marie and Shirley - :flowerforyou:

Best wishes to you both! :heart: Marie, I haven't read that book but I was trying to eat during just a 5 to 7 hour interval of the day (there's a program for that which some people call intermittent fasting and others call fast 5 but it's confusing). Anyway, I was eating twice during that time period and I found myself eating more and more and more because I was worried I would get hungry before I could eat again. So for me, that didn't work. I am too anxious a person to do that! I am an odd duck though. :bigsmile:

Shirley, your strategy of eating from a smaller plate is just wonderful.:flowerforyou: Lovely!! And having fruits and vegetables for snacks is great......healthy, lower in calories, and less likely to make you want lots more!!:bigsmile:

I posted on the regular Sneakers thread about what's wrong with my feet. And my shoulder and some of my other complaints. Seems like I have lots of them these days. And of course I need to stop obsessing over stuffing myself full of food all the time...........:ohwell:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    lin I just order a summery of the book for 3.99 on my e books. Hope it help me in understanding the plan better without cluttering my min with so much stuff. Plan on reading it this afternoon. I have not got the eight hour food list down good. yet.
    Marie
  • linder4866
    Options
    Marie there is an open group on Facebook for this Fast 5..........

https://www.facebook.com/groups/fastfive.org/

There's also a closed group that you have to ask to join.......

https://www.facebook.com/groups/thefast5dietandlifestyle/

Check it out if your'e interested. Hugs.

Lin
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I am back to my regular schedule of eating again. On Sunday, we have our SAIL PAST which is decorating
    your boat with flags and then sailing past the Commodore and his wife. After that they have a nice
    catered snack for everyone that is there.

I will use a small plate if they have one and just eat small portions.

JUST FOR TODAY I WILL stay on track, keep chipping away at the pounds. My next goal is to lose
    7 pounds.

One day at time!

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am having pretty good luck on following this plan so far.****************************
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Hi Marie and Lin,

Doing laundry right now and have to get groceries. I am working on the 4 pound gain after
    my week which was supposed to be vacation but didn't happen.

So for TODAY I WILL keep tracking and work on these 4 pounds I gained. I hope you
    all are doing well.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi you two and more if you pass thru

I was on a plan of eating the same thing every day. so I am going to try that on South beach diet for eating the same thing for a week at a time. here is my plan for this week. And see how it work out

Week one of the south beach diet 7/23/14-July 30,2014
    Breakfast
    2 scramble eggs
    one turkey sausage 1 c tomato juice 1/2 c of pinto beans
    Snacks milk shake
    lunch
    Turkey slices and one slice of cheese1/2 c red beans
    tomatoes and lettuce salad with red onions, celery, and bell peppers Ranch dressing
    Snacks milk shake
    Dinner
    grilled chicken
    2 cps of non starch veggie. tea. JUst testing out this first week.
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Hi Marie & Lin,

Your plan sounds great and healthy. Stick to it for a few months and believe you will see results. :bigsmile:

JUST FOR TODAY I will stay on track, its my last day for South Beach Phase 1, I have pretty much
    taken off those 4 pounds and am only .02 pounds away from my ticker weight. I hope I can keep
    it going for the rest of the week so on Friday I can show a loss.

I am still dealing with a sensitive stomach so I haven't done any exercise this week so far.
    Today is cleaning the upstairs so I better get at it.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi

Got me a new eg cooker. It is electric and can cook 6 eggs at a time. You just pour the amount of water in pierce a shole in the bottom of the rounded egg When the water is all boil away the eggs cut itself off Pretty neat. this morning I am making a poarch eggs with turkey sausage Be glad when I can have a piece of toast with it. and a fruit. I do have some peaches getting ripe. I will fix them and freeze them for later. My Kroger got peaches on sale for 98 Cents may get a sack of them to put in the freezer too.
    Have a great day Shirley and Lin
    hugs Marie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Just got back from a weekend at the boat. I did get into some salty snacks so I have to get of this

sodium. JUST FOR TODAY I WILL... drink lots of water and get of this sodium and extra weight.

We are leaving Friday for another week on the boat and going to Toronto for our long weekend.

Then back to our club and finish out the week. Hope all goes well with no problems.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am in limbo on what I am going to do. It is impossible for me to do very much cooking. So I am eating a lot of deli meat and salads Jerry will not cook for me. I was oin to get him to grilled some hamburger Pattie for dinner last night but he got to cutting grass and was late getting thru. So I just had some canned fruit and greek yogurt

have a great time Shirley this next week.
    Hugs Marie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Hi Marie,

JUST FOR TODAY I will keep tracking my food and being careful of my sodium which can
    put on water weight.

I have to pack today for the long weekend but did get in a 45 min walk. (3 miles)

I will try and keep track of my exercise when I am boating. It's hard sometimes to write everything
    down but will try to remember.

Enjoy your week.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    my third day of the low carb plan of 50 carbs a day Lost .1 this morning. /. At least it is a start
    Shirley hope you are having a ball.
    Lin I would be lost without you you are such a dear.
    Hugs marie