Just For Today I will

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    That is good to hear Marie, no BP pills. I only take one a day and I don't like that.

Just for today I will keep on South Beach since it is working for us and we are
    losing weight. A world where you could eat what you wanted and not gain,
    give me the first ticket there. No such a place Marie. :noway:

We are stuck with this world and we just have to work at it.
    Keep up the good work!!

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Shirley, if you can do it so can I
    I had a lovely lunch today. I made zucchini noodles and yellow squash noodle and noodle onions stir fry sauté That noodle machine
    Got a work out. I am likening it more and more. I planned on doing a couple small turnips and spray with pam and roast them.. I have and eggplant but do not know yet what to do with it yet may do them the same as the turnips
    You are doing great And Dave is really doing well.
    Two more weeks and you can have fruits. I really miss my fruit. I am also holing out on them for a while too.
    good two weeks my lady bug lets have another 2 weeks
    Marie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Good morning,

Marie - Our plans are working, we are losing weight now after we get to our goals we have
    to try and keep on maintenance which will be hard but I know we can do it.

Now last night after dinner, which we ate out for my daughter's b-day, I weighed this
    morning and was up one pound. I kind of expected that since you don't what they
    cook in to make your meals. Anyway, I had the seafood platter and no potatoes and
    had applesauce instead. One glass of wine which is allowed and a decaffe cappuccino
    and no dessert. So I think I did pretty good with that.

Now JUST FOR TODAY I WILL drink lots of water to flush out any sodium I had from
    last night's dinner. Try and stick to my meal plan because we still have company here.
    I will be back to normal on Monday and back to eating right again. I am looking for
    another loss this week. Fingers crossed.

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Just for Today I will try and get over the pain my daughter is going through right now.
    I am still staying on track but focusing is hard this week. I am sticking with the
    SOUTH BEACH DIET and have almost finished 2 weeks on Phase 2. I will however
    have to stay on this until I reach my goal so it could be for some time.

So, just for today I will try to feel some peace within myself and for my daughter. :brokenheart:

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey Shirley its been a month since either you or I have posted here
    Are you please with the past month? . As far me I am please with about half of the month. The other half went to pot
    I am now on a toddler divided plate and it seems to be helping me. I found it in my pantry the other day and I said to myself why Not? So I am trying it. I don't used it for my fruit just my beans salad and today I used on of the small section for a Spinach corn muffin. Darn it it only held one. So I did stop at one. It was so good.
    have a great Day
    marie
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,161 Member
    Options
    Smaller plate sounds like a very good strategy Marie. I'm using red plates and bowls---I've read many times people tend to eat less when eating from red-colored dinnerware. Seems strange but thought I'd try. So far I don't think it's done a thing for me except to smile more when I eat because the dishes are so pretty!!

Lin
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    hi lin Red plate hey will have to keep that in mind. My Toffler plate is a pink/ Is that close enough.
    hear tonight on The news It is cherry blossom time in DC but no cherry blossom. What a sham
    Also on the news a couple here in the Dallas area had 5 babies today. Wow.
    My news brief for today. Got to go cover my seeds up that I planted yesterday no reeze tonight but the wind may blow them away.
    marie
  • linder4866
    Options
    Thanks for the news update Marie----!! I don't know if pink is close enough but if it works for you, who cares what the experts say right? Going to get colder this weekend. One more pretty good day I guess. I hope your spinach and kale crop turns out great! Good night.

Lin
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Hi Lin and Marie,

I thought maybe we weren't doing this for a while, but I do check every so often to see
    if anyone has been here. :bigsmile:

Good to see more than you and me here. :laugh: :laugh:

This is just another part of being accountable for what we are doing with our weight loss.
    Marie you asked if I had a good month. I would say YES !! I am finally on a roll for losing weight.
    I have lost 17 pounds since I started this on New Year's Day. I will keep going even after
    my vacation in April. I will not go crazy when I am on vacation and portion size my food.
    I will have a dessert on my birthday and one for our anniversary day. I have already planned
    that. I will enjoy drinking because I have not had my wine only on a special occasion. So
    I do miss that. I will try to exercise as much as I want too.

So, For Today I will stick to my SOUTH BEACH PHASE 2 plan until my vacation and hope
    I lose next week again. :bigsmile:

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Shirley I am glad to see lin here. she is such a good perkier upper for us.. She never criticize just give us a helping hand. And ood to see you again Shirley . You are with your weight lost. doing fantastic Who is going on the trip with you. I know you told us but I forgot Oh you just mention her. I sure hope she gets to go. So sad.
    See you birds later

930555ozwgu4dvg5.gif

Hugs
    Maarie
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hello ladies - just for today I will continue to follow through on my commitment to give up nut butters and chocolate for Lent. This is actually turning out to be even more difficult than I thought it would be. If you can believe it, I sometimes dream about almond butter. And I've been eating tons of other things to stop myself from eating my chocolate (which I didn't hide well enough in the basement).

Lin
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Lin just for today Comes Sunday I have been thinking about ordering onions rings..i love those rings. but after a lost of 3 lbs this morning do not know if I want to chance it. I will wait and see. I am debating it.
    hugs Marie

1645900vh6bb5iqjl.gif
  • Shirley61
    Options
    2253843wv4qyviron.gif

Hi Ladies,

A rainy day here today. My daughter is coming for a visit with her boyfriend. So I have to get my
    butt going and get some things done before they come.

Just dropped in to say Hi.

So, for today I will stick to my South Beach plan, I know we will be going to the Pita Pit for dinner tonight
    so I will make my calories work for me today to plan for this. I will work hard this week to get another
    pound off before my vacation.

Have as great weekend!!

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am going to follow suit with Shirley and stick to my plan. Now tomorrow I am going to need all the help I can get. I have forgotten about the onion rings I am taking 12 weeks of my life with this plan and see what happens. So I am on a 12 weeks journal. Will take my measurement today and then again in 12 weeks counted some weeks off and it is close to June 15th so that is my target date For my first check up. Come on Ladies we can do this
    Marie:heart::drinker: :heart:
    1207909m7rb2sgffe.gif
  • linder4866
    Options
    All best wishes to you MARIE and SHIRLEY - :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

just for now, I need to be kind to myself and just survive----just lots of things going on.:heart:

Hugs.:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Lin
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Lin you are a very strong lady. You will fine a way. Is it your Dad? Slow down and smell the Rosie Relax girl. I know it is easier said than done. Sending prayers to you
    love 'ya
    marie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    LIN - You have so much on your plate, so much for one lady to take.
    Take some me time, don't forget if you are not healthy you are not healthy
    to take care of anyone. :flowerforyou: Be kind to yourself too.

MARIE - I think a 3 month plan is great. Keep on that before you change
    anything. See what results you get and you did lose 3 pounds so it
    must be working for you.

Today I will keep on South Beach Diet until next Monday and the vacation
    on Tuesday. I plan on resuming after I return. I have finally gotten my
    BMI down to 29.47 at of yesterday according to my Wii Fit scale.
    I am still in the overweight section but if I keep going I should be at goal
    in a few months. I also have a doctor check up in April and hope to
    see some results there.

Keep on going ladies, you are doing awesome!!

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Shirley have a great time on your vacation.

1086554clk16hv3kj.gif

love Marie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Thanks Marie we will, we are so looking forward to it. :drinker:

Shirley :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Shirley while you are gone to the tropical I have been reading another great diet book. this time it is mayo clinic diabetic diet book. It has so much to say about why we eat so much.. I figure since I am a diabetic it might be wise to see what they had to say.

So this morning I had 2 toastada with fat free refried beans, 1/2 c chunky fruit cocktail in its own juice I will take my blood siar after 2 hours and see how it effect my sugar. If it is Ok it will be put on my list. of meals This is something I have never done before. I will do the same thin at lunch and if it is normal it will go on my list of food
    So will be back at around 2 Pm Will be doing this everyday for a while till I have me a nice mess of meals for me.

Have fun in the sun , Miss you Marie