Just For Today I will

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Lin you are so close to your goal. Have you made plans for mainstance? What a errific plan you have.on losing weight. So very proud of you. :heart: :heart: marie
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    You are very kind but I still have 17 lbs. to go and who knows how long that might take or if I can actually get that far???? I sure don't. But yes I have a plan for maintenance----I'm going to do exactly what I am doing now but with a bit more food. Just need to get there and I've never been able to get to goal before. I'll have to see how it goes.

I sincerely wish you both all success. This is a long journey and I'm so glad to have both of you to talk to!!

Marie - regarding what snacks to take I know you have to be doubly careful given blood sugar issues and staying away from gluten. So your new South Beach diet info probably has some good tips. Small bits of cheese? Small servings of nuts? Your Glucerna shakes? Will you be taking a cooler? Or will you be stopping so you can shop for your snacks?
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    ien we are taking a cooler and no we will not be stopping for snacks we will take ours. We will be taking our meals at restaurant The motel serve breakfast. so wi start out with that. have lunch out with Jerry family on Saturday Spend the day with them. Then head back home Sunday Morning.

You have got it all work out. I figure you have. You will meet your goal. that's for sure. And Shirley will too.

I thought I would get my book Monday but this calendar Judy sent me for Christmas That I was going by Stopped at March 30th and place the 31st first at the top of the page so I thought Saturday was the last day of the month But not so there was 5 Fridays ,5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays this month. Wont happened again for between 200 and 300 years. forgot the exact # of days And I did not see it till today because I thought something went wrong. Beautiful pictures of mts. I have always seen the days like this 30/31

Shirley just wanted you to know I am thinking about you and that you are having a wonderful time with your family this Easter.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Thanks Marie, we did have a good time but it was too busy when you have the girls overnight and such
    and I feel like I am always cooking or doing dishes, that's what played me out. It was good to see them
    as usual, and they got to see my SIL at the hospital which was what I hoped for.

I am going to see a Nutritionist on Monday and hope she can help me get some more weight off
    to get my stats bettter for the doctor. I have been on so many eating plans since I have been on
    this site I need to change things up a bit. I will keep you informed how its going.

Kudos to Lin and it seems what you are doing is finally working for you. :drinker: Keep up the good work.

Shirley
  • linder4866
    Options
    Wishing you a safe, healthy trip this long weekend Marie.

And Shirley I hope your trip to the nutritionist is beneficial.

I had breakfast with a friend who's doing WW and is doing great. I asked how things were going and she said she didn't like it. She wasn't talking about WW, she is feeling somewhat angry because some of us have to work hard to try to lose weight and/or keep weight off while other people can seemingly eat and not have to face these issues. She kept saying it's not fair. I hope she can change her attitude; I think she's doing great---she's lost 40 lbs.

A lot of what we do is really in our attitude and in our strategies.

Wishing you the best my friends.

Lin
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Tomorrow I start tracking my meals for three days before I see the Nutritionist on Monday.
    Now I will be tracking double duty once for her and once for MFP. :tongue:

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Just for Today I will listen to the advise from my Nutritionist and incorporate some
    potatoes into my evening meal. I will track everything that goes into my mouth, I mean everything.
    I will continue my exercise routine as always. I will eat more fruits and veges.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I started my SBD in earnest this past Monday. So far all is well except for my coffee I am suppose to used skim milk in my coffee and I have everyday till today and broke down tonight and used my creamer Oh how good it taste. I may lose slower but I decided to use my creamer and I really enjoy my coffee better.

Shirley You are doing great. We will make it. I did changes my menu up tonight. I had a stir fry of Bell Peppers, Onions. Garlic,!/2 c of northern beans Fresh spinach small amount of olive oil to stir fry the veggies. It was quite good and colorful The recipe is a keeper. for me.

My husband is my handyman too.

Its is good to hear you and your MIL get along so good.. Sounds like you all have a good time together.

Lin If you pop in here You seems to be doing everything right. I miss chatting

with you.\Love Marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I gave up drinking coffee when I realized that what I liked the most was the creamer:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Shirley61
    Options
    I gave up regular coffee only drink it now if I need that extra boost, but have changed
    to decaff most of the time. I still use creamers but light ones.

I had raw veges and hummus dip in my snack and today I will be looking for a yogurt based dip
    for my vege snack.

I will be tracking all my food this weekend. Unforturnately it will be a challenge since we are eating
    out Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights this weekend. So i will have to make some good choices
    and watch the alcohol consumption.

Shirley
  • linder4866
    Options
    Wishing you well this weekend Shirley---you'll have to make very mindful choices with all the eating out events.

Marie - keep on planning. Wishing you all the best. I hope you are able to get some energy back. Do you think it's related to your blood sugar level? I have no idea of how to help with that. Gluten-free never made me feel tired. For me, I get exhausted when something disrupts me and I end up not eating much or if my thyroid replacement is messed up.

As for me, I love coffee, I adore coffee, and I've consumed massive quantities of it all my life. Just plain old black coffee---no sugar, no creamer, no milk. Just adorably hot, strong, and black.

But for now, I've given it up. It's water and herbal tea for me.

Happy weekend to you.....

Lin
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Great to hear from you two. Beautiful day here and suppose it will warm up t he 70's gotta run Jerry is yelling to go to the store.

Marie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    MARIE: I hope you get your energy back. Maybe its the change in your diet that has
    your sugar flucturating, but I am no expert on that. I take my blood just to see where I am
    at and if I have to make any changes to keep it down.

Have fun with Jerry at the store.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I had a good day today, Stayed on SBD will well. I think it will work, At least I hope so. One more week And I can add one fruit a day. And the first thing I want is fresh strawberries,, They are looking so good about now.

Hope this fine you all well and most of all Happy. Just talk to Connie on Skype. tried to get a few more of you but no answer. This is my first time on here with my New computer

Shirley you are doing will well Proud of you.

Lin nice talking to you. on Skype/Sammie Just came in here and push my keyboard back so I would pay some attention to him.
    Talk to you later\Marie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Tough weekend so far as far as eating goes. Still trying to stay on track but restaurant eating for 3 nights
    might take a toll on the scale tomorrow. I have increased my calories to 1400 and it does give me
    some leeway to add more food b ut have to be careful its good food.
    No dessert last night for my MIL' s birthday she wasn't in the mood but I was. :tongue:

So today I added a cookie but I did track it. Have to track everything according to the Nutritionist.
    Concert tonight and dinner out again. Wish me Luck !!:tongue:

Marie: You are doing good on the SB diet. I hope it works for you. It did for my and Dave when we did it.

Shirley
  • linder4866
    Options
    Shirley - this much eating out is really tough Shirley. Hang in there and just do the best you can. Eating at home is less complicated though (in my opinion anyway).

Marie - your menus sound good and I hope this works really well for you. Certainly gluten free seems to work for you.

I continue to strive for an extremely nutrient dense diet. I spend quite a bit of time reading about foods and food combinations. I am finding some things that will be in my recipe rotation and others that I'm throwing out.

Hugs.

Lin
  • Shirley61
    Options
    I started writing down some of my favorite recipes and keeping them in one place for easy reach when
    I can't think of what to make for dinner sometimes. Also a suggestion from the Nutritionist to keep my
    favorite recipes handy in one place make things a little easier.

I made through the three nights of eating out and only gained a pounds. Hooray !
    I hope to have that off by Friday's weigh in. The tracking everything is really working and keeping me
    accountable especially on the weekends.

Now this weekend coming we are taking my MIL back to her house to pick up some more clothes and
    take her for an eye appt. It is a 5 hour drive to her house, now she is staying in a Seniors apartment
    only 10 mins from where we live. So we have to decided on what food to bring for the weekend.
    It should be okay.
    Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I need to do that. Jerry has certain things it he eat daily. I can tell what day or morning it is by just looking at his plate.

I don't believe I could do that for I have to be in the mood to cook it. But good ideal.

Sammy would not go for a walk with Jerry police been down the street arresting a guy for not paying his traffic ticket and Sammy did not like that. the blinking lights on the car. Silly dog. Ok tomorrow I will add one fruit a day and tonight I will have 1 c of SG Banana pudding for it is Gluten free. I think the SBD is too strict for me.. with my insulin I will continue using it for a guild line/ I have been having too many low blood sugar.

Marie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Marie: The SB diet doesn't have alot of carbs in it like fruit. You probably need more of the carbs to
    balance out your sugar. Your sugar is probably low because of the carbs you are not eating.
    Maybe once you start adding your fruit it will balance out your sugar levels.

Today I had lunch out at a restaurant and ordered shrimp and salad which was on the menu as a
    heart friendly choice. My dinner tonight was a homemade turkey mushroom burger and my homemade
    soup of Lentil and Swiss Chard. I did well today but had alot of popcorn tonight because Dave is out
    of town so that wasn't a good choice.

Tomorrow is another day of good choices so I will not beat myself up about it.

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Just for today I will track everything I eat and record it in my diary. Print it off tonight
    and circle my calorie intake for the day.
    I will keep pushing myself to lose because I have too.

Shirley