Just For Today I will

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Today I will try and stick to the new exercise routine of strength with weights 3 times a week.

Eating clean, nothing packaged or processed. I will do cardio exercising on the remaining days.

I hope to see some results.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I really got to work on my blood sugar. Will not let it get a whole on me. NO NO NO ai have not had a low in 4 nights now. but still way behing on my good eating.. Things got to change.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    "The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    My blood sugar is getting back under control now. Nobody knows how bad low blood sugar effect you till you live thru it. You just have this terrible urge to eat carbs No control over it for you body knows that is what will bring it back up.. and it takes 30 minutes for food to take effect so 30 minutes of eating whatever is the easiest to get a hole of. For you just want carbs. I talk to the doctor about going back on oral medication but she said it is too rough on your kidneys. I never had a low till I got on insulin. Oh well My problems got to work it out myself. . I have been running my blood sugar really high to keep from getting these lows but that is not good for me either, altho I do feel better with it elevated. no cravens for carbs. But it sure put the weight on you.
    Thanks for listening to me
    love Marie
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Marie...try to not keep bad carbs around. My sister had to fight this also.
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Marie, Maybe another visit to the doctor and tell her about your lows and your cravings for carbs.
    Maybe she can send you to a clinic that might help you with your eating patterns. Its worth a try.:flowerforyou:

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Just for today I will try and avoid food temptation that is not good us.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am going by the Diet.........State of Slim by James O . Hill PhD and holly R. Wyatt, MD.. They called it the Colorado diet
    So far it is working out fine for me. I did add Beans as a protein Which he does not. But that is the only thing When ii don't have Beans. sub for. I still eat meat. if I don't lose on this I will have to revamp my ways. As far as exercise I don't start it till my 3rd week and only 10 minutes at a time. Till I gradual get it up to 70 minutes a day. That remains to be seen.
    Thought I would tell you what I was up too. it is suppose
    to fix my metabolism and drop 20 lbs. in 8 weeks. That is another thing remain to be seen. Have a wonderful night.....Hugs Marie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    MARIE: I love it that you are changing your diet all the time to make yourself healthy and drop your sugar levels. :drinker:
    I have been doing that for 3 years now, always getting new information and changing things around. I have become
    healthier, but not dropping the pounds like I had hoped. Keep it up, you can only feel better doing this. :flowerforyou:

I have been to two different Nutritionists now and still changing and taking in more information. Since I am Type 2
    diabetic and only doing exercise and diet I have managed to stay away from medication. It is a lot of hard work but
    it is paying in the end.
    I still have to see my doctor every 3 months but some day I am hoping to stretch those visits out a bit. :happy:

So keep up the good work and we can motivate each other. Remember, when you sugar levels start to
    drop let your doctor know so he can adjust your medication. When you start to lose weight, your levels will
    change too.

So just for today I will, eat healthy, make healthy recipes and keep up my weight lifting routine to
    3 times a week. :love:

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks Shirley. , look like it is just to two of us posting here. But that's all right. I have had a good week and hope to have a lost in the morning. I am wanting a chocolate cover graham cracker real bad right now. but telling my self it is not on my list. I think I am going to type my list up and when these urges hit me I can look it up and see if it is on my list So I came here to talk to you. I know the urge will pass in a few minutes.
    Thhanks for listening to me
    Marie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Marie: My nutritionist told me that when I get the chocolate craving, buy the chocolate with at least

80% cocoa. Break it up into squares, put it into the freezer and only take one square. The freezing

will make it last longer and before you know it the craving is gone. I don't know if you are allowed

chocolate with your diabetes, but maybe it will help when you want something sweet.

Good luck Hon,

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    New year, > New attitude, down 4.9 this first week of January. Starting today I will log in all of my foods. I am sure if I keep it up I will learn a lot. and get easier for me.
    I am sticking to the g gluten free plan, Lower carbs and anything else that will help me.
    I am not making any resolution just changing my eating habits.
    My goals is to keep
    my carbs less than 100 a day. I have not decided on protein Tho it will be mostly beans. Keep my sodium down to 1500
    my calorie's .1200. and sugar is a no no so don't think I need to keep up with it.
    except on special occasionally Maybe once a month. And then only half serving.
    Maybe when Alice and o out to eat split a dessert with her. I love my sweets But I do want to live longer and in better health.
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Hi Marie, glad to see you are back and you made some good January plans for yourself.:smile:

Just for Today I will get back on track, stick with my South Beach Plan and sugar is definitely a no no for
    me also so I will limit my sugar intake since all sugar goes right to the waistline.

I will also limit my alcohol consumption when at social get togethers which is always hard for me since
    we do a lot of socializing with friends.

I hope January will be the start of a healthier year for me.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Shirley good luck to you on the So Beach diet. Never really got into it though I have the books.
    really working hardest this carb counting, fat counting and calories counting. I never ate so much fat before.. Going to give it time and see how my numbers are I don't have to count sodium So far things are looking up I dropped 2 lbs this morning But will not record it till Friday.
    For lunch today I had fajitas but no tortilla I stir fried the frozen onions. Peppers In 1 T of coconut oil.
    Reallu don't know what tonight will be. I thinking of a smoothie with spinach and a few strawberries froze, Will ssee. I need to get my % work out for I know some things need to be change. For me to work this plan. I am finding out the numbers are really taking to me.
    Woo it is cold in this north room the wind is really blowing it got up to 37 today after a low of 18 this morning Another cold one tonight.

Be tslkin at you.
    Hugs Marie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Yes its so cold around in our area too!!

Today I will stick to the South Beach Plan and so far so good. I hope I too see a drop in pounds

on Friday. I will cross fingers for both of us.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Shirley so far so good.in my part of this old world. I am glad I have you to talk to.

I am enjoying my food. just hope I do not get into a one of my carbs binges
    I hope we both have a good day Friday. gonna be nice to have Jeri join us.
    I am learning a lot on this LCHF diet. I have not had any cravings But that could change for I know me. I have learned that fat is your friend. Good fat burns Fat Jerry had a bowl of ice creamed with a store bought pie. and I had him to give me one small bite. And that satisfy me.
    See you tomorrow
    hugs Marie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    I know how it is when you have those cravings. I am a chocolate lover and just anything with

sugar. I guess that's why I am Type 2 diabetic. I like the sweets and they don't like me.

On this South Beach plan there are no sugars and no breads, rice and pasta. Now this is

only the Phase 1 plan.

For today I will keep on my plan and when I hit day 14 I will do it over again until I get

to the next Phase. Keep it up Marie you are doing great !

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Shirley I had a bad day . Low blood sugar. too much insulin at breakfast so I did not take any at lunch and it shot up around 3 Pm I had too much carbs After my low. But I going to try to watch it better. Hope I do not get a gain.
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your insulin Marie, I hope you got it back to balance again.

Just for Today I will keep on track and stay on my eating plan. I was away for two days

and not doing my plan it really throws you off but back again today and hope the rest

of the week will be good.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I WILL CONTINUE ON THIE LOW CARB AND FAT DIET I think it is good for me. Oh I still have my good days and bad days.But in all I think it will balance out pretty well. I would still like to live in a world where I could eat what I wanted. But that is not going to happen. Just going to take one day at a time. As Sandy would say.
    Jerry is on 4 blood pressure pills now. So I could have it worse. I am not taking any..

lets hang in there Shirley.