Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,370 Member
    Options
    As of July 8
    Me: 8
    Binge 0

Last night was a close call! Family baked brownies for a work function today and there were some left after everything had been packed up for work. I had one but it took every ounce of my being to not hang around until everyone had gone to bed and then eat the leftovers. It was hard but I definitely feel better about myself today because I didn't binge last night. Whew, a close call but a success nonetheless.

Good job!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Last week turned into a disaster. I took the week off from exercise and my eating was willy-nilly, eat-whatever-i-can-fit-in-my-mouth. I didn't log my food this weekend and I know it was bad. I'm not feeling discouraged. I went to the gym this morning and that always helps with my outlook.

Me: 3
    Binge: 6

I am the same way when it comes to exercise. Exercising helps me with my food intake for sure. It is hard to explain but so understand where you are coming from here. Good job on going right back to the gym this morning. You can do it!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    July 2012

Me: 6
    Ed: 2
    Monday's are your favorite day Diane!! Mines too. Weekends are very tough! So put it behind you. Today is a new day and a new week!!
  • Erin70CA
    Erin70CA Posts: 85
    Options
    I will start as of today. - July 8th - Out of the 90 days I have been using MFP I have averaged about 45% binge days. I have lost 25 of the 60 lbs I want to lose however. I will give exercise the credit for that.

I am an emotional eater, so it will be tough.

1st day ( July 8th) ME - 1 ..... BINGE 0
    2nd day (July 9th) ME - 1 .....BINGE 1
  • kelbelzz
    kelbelzz Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Nine days binge/purge free :)
    I hope y'all are enjoying life and continue to be binge free! <3
  • Creamshakes
    Creamshakes Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Day 9! Still alive!

This is awesome. I almost messed up today, too!
  • Erin70CA
    Erin70CA Posts: 85
    Options
    As of July 8th

ME - 1
    BINGE - 2
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    July 9, 2012

me: 8
    binge: 1 (7/3)

Tuesday is your day, peeps. You can do it!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Welcome Erin and any other new ones I missed!!! We can do this and jump in any date!! The key is to help us stay mindful!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    July 2012 - Goal not to binge more than 9 days

Me - 7
    The Binge - 2 (7/1,7/4)

“If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results.” ~Jack Dixon
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    July 2012

Me: 7

Ah yes, good ole Monday! :smile:

Diane :heart:
  • kayakinggrrl
    kayakinggrrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    As of July 9

Binge: 1 (7/9)

There were leftover brownies and when I had one, I didn't stop there. I had 5 and then I had two blueberry muffins and two slices of bread to top it all off. It was a binge rather than just over indulging because I couldn't just walk away and found myself "sneaking" into the kitchen to get at the brownies. When I am sneaking around, it's a binge.

Factors that I think contributed to the binge: brownies in the house, unexpected free time during the day, and eating foods the rest of the day that weren't very satisfying. I don't do so well with free time. Yesterday, I tried to fill some of it up with exercise but a person can only walk so long at midday in the summer. Due to the fact that I carpool, I had limited options for filling my time. I also packed a lunch that I wasn't very enthusiastic about. I was in a hurry and just grabbed some refrigerator oatmeal to stick in my lunch with the usual fruits and veggies. At lunch, I thought "Ugh, I don't really want that." I ate it, didn't feel satisfied; less hungry, but not satisfied. In the evening, the first brownie was so satisfying that four more quickly followed along with the bread and muffins.

Today, I started off with exercise and my lunch is much more tasty today. Today is a new day and last night's slip up won't be a weeklong slip up.
  • Adrianne619
    Options
    Awesome challenge! Looking back at the month, I will have to start with when I started logging, July 6-
    Me: 2
    Rough days: 2 (7/8&9)

Gonna do better this weekend - fighting the urge right now! I threw out everything, including the flour, sugar and cocoa so I couldn't even improvise. It's a tough feeling right now though
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    July 10, 2012

me: 9
    binge: 1 (7/3)

Thanks to all of you resisting the urge to binge at the moment; you are encouraging. And you can do it. :)
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    starting today
    July 11,2012

ME: 0
    BINGE: 0
  • kayakinggrrl
    kayakinggrrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    As of July 11, 2012

Me: 9
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    July 2012

Diane :heart:

Ladies: Please join the following conversation thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654612-be-support-group-conversation-thread-2012
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    July 2012 - Goal not to binge more than 9 days

Me - 8
    The Binge - 2 (7/1,7/4)

“If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results.” ~Jack Dixon

Ladies: Please join the following conversation thread.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654612-be-support-group-conversation-thread-2012
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Happy hump day!!! You all are doing great!! keep up the good work!!!

Weekend challenge: I am challenging everyone to not binge 1 day this weekend. Plan well and if you can do 2 days not binge that is great but the challenge is 1 day no binge. Definition of binge for this challege is Sat/Sun only. Are you in? Think about it :flowerforyou:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    As of July 9

There were leftover brownies and when I had one, I didn't stop there. I had 5 and then I had two blueberry muffins and two slices of bread to top it all off. It was a binge rather than just over indulging because I couldn't just walk away and found myself "sneaking" into the kitchen to get at the brownies. When I am sneaking around, it's a binge.

Factors that I think contributed to the binge: brownies in the house, unexpected free time during the day, and eating foods the rest of the day that weren't very satisfying. I don't do so well with free time. Yesterday, I tried to fill some of it up with exercise but a person can only walk so long at midday in the summer. Due to the fact that I carpool, I had limited options for filling my time. I also packed a lunch that I wasn't very enthusiastic about. I was in a hurry and just grabbed some refrigerator oatmeal to stick in my lunch with the usual fruits and veggies. At lunch, I thought "Ugh, I don't really want that." I ate it, didn't feel satisfied; less hungry, but not satisfied. In the evening, the first brownie was so satisfying that four more quickly followed along with the bread and muffins.

Today, I started off with exercise and my lunch is much more tasty today. Today is a new day and last night's slip up won't be a weeklong slip up.

Good job on analyzing the situation and making a solution to resolve the problem for next time. I love that you are moving on and not letting one slip or bad choice define your whole day or start a binge cycle. Keep up the good work Kaya!
This discussion has been closed.