July Challenge - The Binge vs Me

Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to this group but have been dealing with binge eating since I had anorexia about 4-5 years ago. I wouldn't eat for days and then allow myself a day a week to just eat whatever I wanted. Well, I think I've gotten over the not eating part, but I'm still struggling with the urge to binge. I've pin-pointed that it usually occurs on weekends where I may go over my calorie count for that day and then just keep eating. I need to figure out how to make myself stop eating when I go over my count because I've worked too hard to get where I am today. So for my July challenge, this is my score vs. Binge:

Me: 14
    Binge: 3

I've already counted today as a score for me :)
    Welcome to the group Stephs0214!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    July 2012

Me: 15
    Ed: 2

Diane :heart:

Not exactly a food day to be proud of but I did not binge.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    July 17, 2012

me: 16
    binge: 1 (7/3)

~beatrix
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    As of July 17

Me: 8
    Binge: 9
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Happy Hump day!!!

July 2012 - Goal not to binge more than 9 days

Me - 15
    The Binge - 2 (7/1,7/4)

“If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results.” ~Jack Dixon
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Who is up for another weekend challenge? Since I think last week's challenge helped many of us remain mindful of our choices and planning, I am going to challenge the group again this weekend.

This weekend I am going to include Friday evening, Sat and Sunday.

Weekend challenge # 2: I am challenging everyone to not binge 2 days out of 3. Again this week the definition of binge for this challege is Fri/Sat/Sun.

If you don't succeed this time that is fine but we are going to think positive and know that if we don't succeed this time we just keep on trying until we do. Success is never giving up! :flowerforyou:

Are you in? Think about it :flowerforyou:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    I'm in. This is definitely helping me.
  • chubby_checkers
    Options
    Who is up for another weekend challenge? Since I think last week's challenge helped many of us remain mindful of our choices and planning, I am going to challenge the group again this weekend.

This weekend I am going to include Friday evening, Sat and Sunday.

Weekend challenge # 2: I am challenging everyone to not binge 2 days out of 3. Again this week the definition of binge for this challege is Fri/Sat/Sun.

I'm in! I WILL succeed this week!
  • anorangie
    Options
    July 18, 2012

me: 17
    binge: 1 (7/3)

I accept the weekend mini-challenge. :)
  • anorangie
    Options

I'm in! I WILL succeed this week!

@chubby_checkers-

YES! You will. :)
  • anorangie
    Options
    @ Beatrixia
    Good job!!! I am not there yet with sweets and other snacky/crunchy junk food. I still have to buy individual size. Having the challenge did help me for sure over the weekend. Thanks for all of your encouragement today!!! It really made my day!! You keep up the good work too and thanks so much for supporting the thread!:flowerforyou:

Thank you, Mollie. You're a sweetie.

I appreciate all the support and encouragement offered from this group. :)
  • kayakinggrrl
    kayakinggrrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    As of July 19
    Me: 16
    Binge: 2

I'm nervous about accepting this weekend's challenge as I have some birthday party related activities planned and that is always a challenge. But I will give it a go.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    July 2012

Me: 15
    Ed: 3

Diane :heart:
  • chubby_checkers
    Options
    As of July 19

Me: 10

Despite my slip-ups, I'm only 1 pound above where I was before Thanksgiving (I went into a downward eating spiral). I'm excited about that and determined to win this.
  • pamelazee
    pamelazee Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm in starting now. Just saw this thread, but it can only help!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    As of July 19
    Me: 16
    Binge: 2

I'm nervous about accepting this weekend's challenge as I have some birthday party related activities planned and that is always a challenge. But I will give it a go.

All we can do Kaya is try. Trying is better than not trying. Stay positive and believe it is in your power and see where it takes you. No beating yourself up if you don't succeed because that is counter productive. You are doing wonderful so keep up the good work because you are way ahead of the Binge :wink: I don't think he or she is in a position to catch up with you this month.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    As of July 19

Me: 10

Despite my slip-ups, I'm only 1 pound above where I was before Thanksgiving (I went into a downward eating spiral). I'm excited about that and determined to win this.

You are ahead so keep up the good work!! Success is never giving up!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I'm in starting now. Just saw this thread, but it can only help!
    Welcome Pamelazee!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    July 2012 - Goal not to binge more than 9 days

Me - 16
    The Binge - 2 (7/1,7/4)

“If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results.” ~Jack Dixon
  • motogirl1986
    Options
    New to the group --- Since I've started my weightloss adventure, i've been pretty good about working out, usually 5-6 days a week. But i'm having a terrible time getting my binge eating under control and it has really effected my weightloss, hoping that this group will help!
This discussion has been closed.