July Challenge - The Binge vs Me

Options

Replies

• Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day!!! You all are doing great!! keep up the good work!!!

Weekend challenge: I am challenging everyone to not binge 1 day this weekend. Plan well and if you can do 2 days not binge that is great but the challenge is 1 day no binge. Definition of binge for this challege is Sat/Sun only. Are you in? Think about it :flowerforyou:

I'm in.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Welcome new faces!! We are not alone :)
  • kayakinggrrl
    kayakinggrrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Good job on analyzing the situation

I have analyzed myself so many times but yesterday was the first time I had thought about the fact that I ate unsatisfying food and got home and just had to have something that hit that unhittable spot. In hindsight, it would have been fewer calories to go grab half of a Subway sub (the thought crossed my mind as I was eating my fridge oatmeal but I thought...too many calories). Next time I will try my best to remember this little burst of insight.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Good job on analyzing the situation

I have analyzed myself so many times but yesterday was the first time I had thought about the fact that I ate unsatisfying food and got home and just had to have something that hit that unhittable spot. In hindsight, it would have been fewer calories to go grab half of a Subway sub (the thought crossed my mind as I was eating my fridge oatmeal but I thought...too many calories). Next time I will try my best to remember this little burst of insight.

I'm this way sometimes, too. If I eat food that is not really and truly what I want at that moment, I sometimes still fixate on what I want until I eat it. And when I do eat it, I eat more (often much more) than I would have eaten if I had just portioned it out in the first place! I'm glad to say this doesn't happen nearly as much as it used to, namely because I'm trying to allow myself what I want, in moderation. For example, today *x* was unexpectedly served at a lunchtime presentation I attended, so I had one bite of it because it looked so good--and I found that was enough to satisfy my sweet tooth, probably because I felt free to enjoy it because I didn't place it on a "forbidden food" list. :)

(TBH, there was a time when it would have been inconceivable to me that one bite of a sweet would have been enough. Now, sometimes it is. Not always, but sometimes.)

July 11, 2012

me: 10
    binge: 1 (7/3)

Today was a bit of a challenge binge-wise, but it turned out OK after all--no binge. :)
  • kayakinggrrl
    Options
    As of July 12

Me: 10
    Binge: 1 (7/9)
  • kayakinggrrl
    Options
    Happy hump day!!! You all are doing great!! keep up the good work!!!

Weekend challenge: I am challenging everyone to not binge 1 day this weekend. Plan well and if you can do 2 days not binge that is great but the challenge is 1 day no binge. Definition of binge for this challege is Sat/Sun only. Are you in? Think about it :flowerforyou:

So for everyone doing this challenge, what are your plans for staying busy and occupying your mind and your time to avoid a binge?
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    July 2012

Me: 9
    Ed: 2

Diane :heart:

For me, having the extra accountability and having someone who will be wondering how I did for the weekend will help me. It will be in the front of my mind.
  • shyandemily
    shyandemily Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    July 2012:

Me - 9
    The Binge - 2 (Sun 7/1, Fri 7/6)

Still making some bad choices, but no binge since 7/6
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Me: 6
    Binge: 6

I overate yesterday but it wasn't really a binge because it never became out of control. I'm still within my weekly calorie goal with my exercise. I'm going to try to not binge this weekend. It's going to be difficult on Saturday because I have a party to go to and the hostess is an awesome cook. It'll be a challenge but I'm going to try my best!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I'm this way sometimes, too. If I eat food that is not really and truly what I want at that moment, I sometimes still fixate on what I want until I eat it. And when I do eat it, I eat more (often much more) than I would have eaten if I had just portioned it out in the first place! I'm glad to say this doesn't happen nearly as much as it used to, namely because I'm trying to allow myself what I want, in moderation. For example, today *x* was unexpectedly served at a lunchtime presentation I attended, so I had one bite of it because it looked so good--and I found that was enough to satisfy my sweet tooth, probably because I felt free to enjoy it because I didn't place it on a "forbidden food" list. :)

(TBH, there was a time when it would have been inconceivable to me that one bite of a sweet would have been enough. Now, sometimes it is. Not always, but sometimes.)

July 11, 2012

me: 10

Today was a bit of a challenge binge-wise, but it turned out OK after all--no binge. :)

Good job Beatrixia!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    July 2012 - Goal not to binge more than 9 days

Me - 9
    The Binge - 2 (7/1,7/4)

“If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results.” ~Jack Dixon

Ladies: Please join the following conversation thread.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654612-be-support-group-conversation-thread-2012
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Mollie. You're staying on track, too, I see. :)

July 12, 2012

me: 11
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

Me - 10
    The Binge - 2 (7/1,7/4)

“If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results.” ~Jack Dixon

Please join the following conversation thread. Even if you don't participate just bump it because you never know what may be shared that you can benefit from or even share something to help someone else.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654612-be-support-group-conversation-thread-2012
    [/quote]
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    July 2012

Ed: 2

Diane :heart:

It is such a good feeling to come on here and document that I had a good previous day!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Happy Friday!!! :flowerforyou:

Everyone is doing really good checking in!! I hope this is helping you stay more mindful like it is helping me. Are you all ready for the weekend challenge? At least one day no binge. Do you have a plan in place?

My Weekend Plan is to pre-plan meals for both days. I am going to see Barry Manilow tomorrow night and me and friend going out for one of my favorite meals late so tonight I will pre-plan meals for Sat and Sun. I don't care if I stick to it 100% but it really helps me to have my meals pre-planned on weekends. Even if I end up swapping and switching.

2nd thing is I have my whole day planned too so as to stay busy. And I try to workout out both days also because I find if I workout both days it helps me when I know I will have extra calories like tomorrow.

What is your weekend plan of action? Please share. We can use all the ideas we can get!! Have a wonderful weekend and check in! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • kayakinggrrl
    Options
    As of July 12
    Binge: 2

I had a small binge last night. Got up this morning and started over again.

My plan for this weekend is to pre-plan my meals and look for some meals I can cook that are filling and satisfying and then make enough to have leftovers to take in my lunch next week. I do know that I am going to a BBQ restaurant tomorrow for late lunch/early dinner so I plan on getting in some exercise in the morning. The BBQ place makes delicious fries but instead ordering fries just for me, I may order them to share. While the BBQ beef probably isn't the healthiest food ever, it's the kind that has been dry rubbed and then smoked so it's not swimming in sauce.

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • Creamshakes
    Creamshakes Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Arrgh

Binged on three cream filled donuts! This is why I need to abstain from sugar and carbs like some people steer clear of alcohol!

Me: 14
    Binge: 1
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I was fighting the urge to binge last night big time. I was working thru my stragies and my sister called late and I did not think about food anymore. So thanks Sis! I did not mention to her I was heading for a binge. Have a good weekend everyone!!

Me - 11
    The Binge - 2 (7/1,7/4)

• shyandemily
    shyandemily Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    July 2012:

Me - 12
    The Binge - 2 (Sun 7/1, Fri 7/6)

I feel like I'm doing better. gaining a little more control. Last night while babysitting a baby that did not want to stop crying, I started to feel real stressed and losing a little control over myself. I just kept thinking about eating and eating everything. But I didn't. I grabbed a sugar free popsicle and stayed out of the kitchen for the rest of the night, then went strait to bed after his dad picked him up.
  • kayakinggrrl
    Options
    As of July 14

Me:12
    Binge: 2
This discussion has been closed.