Tell Us About Your Big Success This Week

Options

Replies

• Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't a very big deal but I did my first pole sit last night and managed to let go a few times!

That's pretty awesome, actually. That first pole sit is like "gawwwww-owwwww-oooooh!" :noway:

Then you get used to it. :wink:
  • Jenn19891
    Jenn19891 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was finally able to nail inverted crucifix earlier this week, it was a move that I struggled with for quite a while because it freaked me out so much. I know it's not a big deal to advanced polers but it was definitely an accomplishment for me. ^_^
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I was finally able to nail inverted crucifix earlier this week, it was a move that I struggled with for quite a while because it freaked me out so much. I know it's not a big deal to advanced polers but it was definitely an accomplishment for me. ^_^

Are you kidding?! That's a huge deal!! It's super scary the first time you're hanging upside down and let go of the pole like that! At our studio they call it the cobra release -- i've been pole dancing for over a year and finally managed a cobra dive -- invert from a climb position half way up the pole then going into cobra release and diving to the ground, you squeeze your legs to grip right before your face would hit the floor -- waaaaay scary move!
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    {quote} I was finally able to nail inverted crucifix earlier this week, it was a move that I struggled with for quite a while because it freaked me out so much. I know it's not a big deal to advanced polers but it was definitely an accomplishment for me. ^_^ {/quote}
    fabulous.
    its abig step!

{quote}re you kidding?! That's a huge deal!! It's super scary the first time you're hanging upside down and let go of the pole like that! At our studio they call it the cobra release -- i've been pole dancing for over a year and finally managed a cobra dive -- invert from a climb position half way up the pole then going into cobra release and diving to the ground, you squeeze your legs to grip right before your face would hit the floor -- waaaaay scary move! {/quote}
    we call this a nose breaker, hahaa
  • lacewitch
    Options
    first time solo pole fitness teaching. fingers crossed.
  • lacewitch
    Options
    first time solo pole fitness teaching. fingers crossed.

sorry for the double post but just got word i passed my new teaching quals. yipee
  • lacewitch
    Options
    don't know if this thread is dead and gone, but i got asked how much I lift today (with admiration) so I told them Myself.
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I have an accomplishment this week!!

First off, this week was my two year pole anniversary :smile:

And this weekend I finally managed to get into my first (secure) hands-free Gemini -- most times I struggled with just getting into so much that by the time I finally would get the correct placement I was so tired I couldn't do anything else. This time I managed to go right into a Gemini (several times so I know it wasn't a fluke chance!) and was able to get into my Apprentice and also my first Superman! :smiley: HAPPY DANCE!!
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    I have an accomplishment this week!!

First off, this week was my two year pole anniversary :smile:

And this weekend I finally managed to get into my first (secure) hands-free Gemini -- most times I struggled with just getting into so much that by the time I finally would get the correct placement I was so tired I couldn't do anything else. This time I managed to go right into a Gemini (several times so I know it wasn't a fluke chance!) and was able to get into my Apprentice and also my first Superman! :smiley: HAPPY DANCE!!

Fantastic!!

I got my aerial body wave. It's not very graceful just yet, but by golly, I can hold myself up! ;)
  • Aproxima
    Aproxima Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I managed to do a daredevil and almost pooped my pants XD This is not me, this is just an image of the move:
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/4b/5a/99/4b5a999dd4b51328f664d6bda241c4ad.jpg
  • Pole_Kat
    Pole_Kat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I managed to hold my elbow skater and I can hold my Gemini with one hand now - slow progress, but still progress!
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    Great work, ladies! That daredevil would have made me poop my pole shorts, too!

I finally got my Superman without a spotter. My thighs have not forgiven me!
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm still struggling with Aysha, but my biggest accomplishment lately has been stringing many moves together without having to come down and wipe my hands or the pole.
  • Pole_Kat
    Pole_Kat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I managed my Gemini and Scorpio tonight with no hands - so pleased :)
  • jacau
    jacau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    SHOULDER MOUNT :smiley:

Still can't believe it. It just happened on Friday. The next day I feared I had just dreamt it but my achey, bruised shoulders told a different story. I've been poling for about two years now and the teacher in my school doesn't like handsprings or shoulder mounts and hence doesn't want to teach them. I took a few test lessons at another school where they do teach those, et voila, it happened on almost the first try - the shoulder mount, handspring a whole different story. Still needs some cleaning up but I'm one happy cookie!

And I almost got my splits yesterday. All in all a pretty darn good weekend!
  • Songtothesiren
    Songtothesiren Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Well after about 2 years of no pole I'm back and now the proud possessor of a 45mm xpert X pole. I'm also with a new teacher who is far more supportive and is very understanding of the fact that I have advanced osteoarthritis in one of my knee joints which makes some moves very difficult.

Anyway - I'm right back at the start, as weak as a kitten - but more determined than ever.

So I managed a half crucifix this week (that's a full crucifix but with one hand hanging on for all it was worth)
  • everett9239
    everett9239 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was Able to touch my chest to my knees in a pile during my flexibility class!!
  • HelenCShuler
    HelenCShuler Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did my first aerial invert and successful shoulder mount last night. As well as butterfly to flat line Scorpio. So excited. Every night is not like this but last night was amazing!!
  • Songtothesiren
    Songtothesiren Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Well done Everett9239 and HelenCShuler. Personally I'm a long way off being able to do either of these - but I live in hope!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I learned how to do the Gemini the last week of December. When I first stated poling in Jan 2015 was to be able to invert and do that move by the end of the year, and I totally nailed it. Now I need to make some new goals, lol.