May 2013 Due Dates

Options

Replies

• howdeelightful
    Options
    No twins here. I only have one. Although, my almost 4 year old asked me last night why I can't just put another in there so that he can have both a baby brother and a baby sister. lol
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the thoughts and prayers ladies! My doctor searched long and hard and found our little jelly bean in there (because my mom is a twin she took a few extra minutes to make sure there was only one little drummer in there!). I'm right on track for size, everything looks good and she remembered so much about my first pregnancy that I was impressed! I love my doctor! She is such a good fit for my personality and I'm really glad I waited to see her. They did do a bunch of extra blood checks - so I'm hoping everything comes back normal (thyroid, etc...).
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the thoughts and prayers ladies! My doctor searched long and hard and found our little jelly bean in there (because my mom is a twin she took a few extra minutes to make sure there was only one little drummer in there!). I'm right on track for size, everything looks good and she remembered so much about my first pregnancy that I was impressed! I love my doctor! She is such a good fit for my personality and I'm really glad I waited to see her. They did do a bunch of extra blood checks - so I'm hoping everything comes back normal (thyroid, etc...).

AWESOME!!!!!! Yay :)
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options

Great to hear! Very exciting! :) I like it when doctors remember things, it makes me feel like I am not just another patient.
  • mormonmomma11
    Options
    Great to hear! Very exciting! :) I like it when doctors remember things, it makes me feel like I am not just another patient.

Yeah- it helps that last time around I found out her kids were really into basketball and through work I was given about 20 tickets to a GlobeTrotters game. I kept a few for my family and friends and then gave about half of them to her. She was telling me about how her kids still talk about it.

It's funny how I knew I was pregnant (obviously) for the last 6.5 weeks, but after yesterday it was like "Wow! I really do have another son/daughter on the way!" I loved hearing the heartbeat :)
  • SONIA820
    SONIA820 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Okay so the last time I posted I was a mess, so this is probably going to be a book! Just thought I would check in...I am a bit more excited now, just trying to get settled into all these doctor's appointments. I am seeing two different sets of doctor's, one is a home birth midwife and the other is a hospital midwife and they are sharing care because I will be VBACing in May. We have got to see our little surprise twice now and have done lots of blood work. They cleared me of gestational diabetes so far (had GD with my last baby...or so they say...long story!) absolutely EVERYTHING health wise has come back perfect and this has been a very uneventful pregnancy so far. We will be finding out what we are having on November 30th and we already have names mostly picked out also! LOL....I can't wait to actually FEEL pregnant though...This whole event has been so sneaky quiet that sometimes it's hard to imagine that I actually am pregnant.

After losing so much weight I am having a hard time with my calories since I am so hungry all the time. I am trying to eat healthy as before and mostly winning that battle. I am finding it hard to see the scale go UP instead of down even thought its only gone up 4 lbs in the last almost 12 weeks...I only gained 16 lbs with my oldest and 17 with my youngest, so it's not a huge concern but it's still a little mental war I have with myself, when it comes to the scale and my pants starting to feel a bit tight. I just barely got used to my 12's (down from 26's) and now I am just reminding myself that this is NOT the end of this journey...it's just paused for a minute. Logically I know that I am not going back up all the way to 292 but I can't help but have a bit of fear that is met with this ravenous hunger...it makes me mad and it worries me.....I pick good snacks but sometimes I just can't wait..I just feel like my control went out the window...
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Wanted to give an update since I was freaking out on here a couple of weeks ago. I had another u/s yesterday and baby is still growing, heartbeat is GREAT @ 173...but still measuring 2 weeks later than I thought I should be which puts me at June 1st. So I guess I'll transfer over to that board. Thanks for all the well wishes. We're finally letting ourselves be excited now :) We'll be 9 weeks Sat! Good luck to all!!!
  • TaraFTMVA
    Options
    Okay so the last time I posted I was a mess, so this is probably going to be a book! Just thought I would check in...I am a bit more excited now, just trying to get settled into all these doctor's appointments. I am seeing two different sets of doctor's, one is a home birth midwife and the other is a hospital midwife and they are sharing care because I will be VBACing in May. We have got to see our little surprise twice now and have done lots of blood work. They cleared me of gestational diabetes so far (had GD with my last baby...or so they say...long story!) absolutely EVERYTHING health wise has come back perfect and this has been a very uneventful pregnancy so far. We will be finding out what we are having on November 30th and we already have names mostly picked out also! LOL....I can't wait to actually FEEL pregnant though...This whole event has been so sneaky quiet that sometimes it's hard to imagine that I actually am pregnant.

After losing so much weight I am having a hard time with my calories since I am so hungry all the time. I am trying to eat healthy as before and mostly winning that battle. I am finding it hard to see the scale go UP instead of down even thought its only gone up 4 lbs in the last almost 12 weeks...I only gained 16 lbs with my oldest and 17 with my youngest, so it's not a huge concern but it's still a little mental war I have with myself, when it comes to the scale and my pants starting to feel a bit tight. I just barely got used to my 12's (down from 26's) and now I am just reminding myself that this is NOT the end of this journey...it's just paused for a minute. Logically I know that I am not going back up all the way to 292 but I can't help but have a bit of fear that is met with this ravenous hunger...it makes me mad and it worries me.....I pick good snacks but sometimes I just can't wait..I just feel like my control went out the window...

I understand completely......but I am also glad I got pregnant now since I still have a ways to go. It was my plan to try and get pregnant before I lost too much weight. I still weigh 10lbs less than I did when I got pregnant with my son, but I know I will still reach where I was at the end if not more with the twins. It is a scary thought and my pants still fit, but they are uncomfortable on my belly so I am just wearing maternity pants now and loving the comfiness at work. Im not concerned about how early it is bc I know I will be bigger sooner with twins. Getting so excited to know what we are having as well! Our next appt is November 13th. I will be 13 weeks and 3 days so I am hoping they can tell us then :)! Just want healthy, but I am hoping they are boy/girl bc then we will be done for sure...if we get 2 boys or 2 girls we will probably go for baby 4 in 5 years, plus I think it would be fun to watch them be the same age but totally different and similiar even though they are one of each. I know even twin girls or boys can be the same way, but we only have 2 girl/girl sets and 2 boy/boy sets in my family so I would also like to be different! :) How is everyone doing?
  • TaraFTMVA
    Options
    Wanted to give an update since I was freaking out on here a couple of weeks ago. I had another u/s yesterday and baby is still growing, heartbeat is GREAT @ 173...but still measuring 2 weeks later than I thought I should be which puts me at June 1st. So I guess I'll transfer over to that board. Thanks for all the well wishes. We're finally letting ourselves be excited now :) We'll be 9 weeks Sat! Good luck to all!!!

Good luck on the June group! SO exciting to know everything is going well!
  • RBXChas
    Options

Hey there! I totally get where you're coming from with your weight concerns. I lost 82 lbs using MFP after my last pregnancy (from my 2-month postpartum weight, not my pre-delivery weight) and then got pregnant again in August/September (due May 25th). I was kind of stuck with my weight loss anyway - my last loss had been posted in late March, and it was miniscule - but I knew we were going to try to have one more baby, and I didn't feel like waiting until I kicked those last 18 or so pounds to the curb! I definitely struggle with thinking ahead and guessing how much weight I am going to gain, and I try to self-talk so that I don't obsess about it. I tell myself that my body is going to do what it's going to do, whether that be gain 15-20 pounds or 40 pounds (or more - though hopefully not more). I was trying to log but had a hard time with it because I was picking at food constantly to keep nausea at bay, or I would start eating something but not be able to finish. I am generally out of the nausea woods, so to speak, but it does hit me every now and again if I don't eat regularly. I am also quite hungry a lot, and I get low blood sugar way more easily than I ever did before. So I am just trying to listen to my body and feed it what it wants me to eat, and I am trying to make good choices overall. Yes, I did buy light ice cream, but I've been good about eating small amounts of it over time rather than a whole container in a weekend. (It's been in my freezer for over a week now, and there's still a fair amount left.) Things I thought I would really crave (that I craved with my last pregnancy), like candy, I really don't crave at all. I mean, if you put a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup in front of me, I will eat it, sure. But I won't seek it out. The other day I went to the supermarket and bought celery because I just felt like eating celery. (Weird.) I think from the work I put into my 82-pound loss over a year on MFP, my tastes and thus cravings have completely changed.

My problem with clothes is that I don't have many of my old, bigger clothes left, and because I was so much bigger during my last pregnancy (even to start), I sold my L/XL/XXL maternity clothes on craigslist months ago. Not that I'm close to needing maternity clothes yet, but I have already outgrown my smallest jeans and had sold my next-size-up jeans. It does make me a little sad that I've outgrown them, but I know this is temporary, and then I can get back to being awesomely fit :wink: I do have a few bottoms that are two sizes up, but then I look frumpy because they are too big (and even with a belly, they probably won't fit right). I am trying to get by with skirts and dresses, which is what I prefer to wear anyway.

As you said, just remind yourself that no matter how much you gain, you are not going to be 292 again. I like that line of thinking. I am totally convinced that I will not hit 255 again (my pre-delivery weight last time) or 235.8 (my 2-month postpartum weight and MFP starting point). Even if I hit 200 pre-delivery, which would be a big gain for me, I'll still be way ahead of where I was before. As my awesome BIL said to me (when I shared with him this very fear), "You got fit once, you found something that you love to do (Spinning), and there's no reason why you can't do it again!"

And we will do it again :smile:

Glad to hear everything is going well so far, and keep us posted on your progress!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    How is everyone else doing?

Feeling good overall. Boobs are ENORMOUS today compared to yesterday, and they do hurt a little more. Funny how that comes and goes. Nausea is mostly gone but does pop up if I don't eat frequently enough.

I hope everyone else is feeling well!
  • mormonmomma11
    Options

Feeling good overall. Boobs are ENORMOUS today compared to yesterday, and they do hurt a little more. Funny how that comes and goes. Nausea is mostly gone but does pop up if I don't eat frequently enough.

Short answer - not good. :sick:

I had gone about 3 days without throwing up and then after a lovely and delicious well rounded lunch - it all came back up. I know this is tmi - but does anyone else get really light headed or feel like they are going to pass out when they throw up? I hate the feeling that I'm suffocating and that's what it feels like everytime. gah. I am pretty sure it was the vegetables (steamed broccoli, carrots, cauliflower) on monday steamed greenbeans were the culprit. I just haven't found my "safe foods" with this pregnancy yet. None of the things that worked with my first pregnancy are working with this one :sad:
  • RBXChas
    Options

I had gone about 3 days without throwing up and then after a lovely and delicious well rounded lunch - it all came back up. I know this is tmi - but does anyone else get really light headed or feel like they are going to pass out when they throw up? I hate the feeling that I'm suffocating and that's what it feels like everytime. gah. I am pretty sure it was the vegetables (steamed broccoli, carrots, cauliflower) on monday steamed greenbeans were the culprit. I just haven't found my "safe foods" with this pregnancy yet. None of the things that worked with my first pregnancy are working with this one :sad:

Sorry, I just saw this today. I am so sorry you are still feeling awful. When I had the stomach bug a week and a half ago, yes, I got light-headed after throwing up. Just keep getting fluids, as much as you can keep down. I'm sorry that veggies aren't working for you. What seemed to help me with nausea (and still helps with it when it pops up) is chocolate milk or chocolate ice cream. I know it's not the healthiest thing in the world, but when I have no desire to eat otherwise, I figure a glass of chocolate milk is not going to kill me. It's not like I'm drinking a whole carton at once or eating a gallon (or even a pint) of ice cream in one sitting (which, yes, I could do if I didn't care). For some reason the chocolate/dairy mix is calming, both for my stomach and my head, in that it makes me feel like a happy little kid.

I hope you can find some foods that will stay down!!!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options

aww, hope it clears for you soon! sounds awful.
  • M_lifts
    Options

Hello
    I had to get measured today as I have one bra which ive been wearing over and over again! up a cup size! 34d! eek! and its only been 10+ weeks! i dread to think what it will be like when im full term!

Anyone starting to get a bump? I dont think i will be able to hide it for much longer. i actually caved and got a maternity skirt! its sooo comfy! why cant all skirts come with no buttons or zips!

Nausea still present but thankfully no vomitting!

Tiredness is ever present. Im exhausted by the time is 6pm! plus the clocks went forward today so my body is really confused and tired!
  • RBXChas
    Options

Hello
    I had to get measured today as I have one bra which ive been wearing over and over again! up a cup size! 34d! eek! and its only been 10+ weeks! i dread to think what it will be like when im full term!

Anyone starting to get a bump? I dont think i will be able to hide it for much longer. i actually caved and got a maternity skirt! its sooo comfy! why cant all skirts come with no buttons or zips!

Nausea still present but thankfully no vomitting!

Tiredness is ever present. Im exhausted by the time is 6pm! plus the clocks went forward today so my body is really confused and tired!

Hey there! My boobs are definitely getting bigger (I'm 10w1d today). I was a 36D - I went to a 38DD with my last pregnancy, then they "deflated" with weight loss, so I wasn't quite filling out my Ds like I used to (though a C was always too small for me). Now I'm bustin' out of my Ds! I *hate* buying new bras because they are SO expensive, and you can't just order them online - or at least I can't! I still have my bras from last time, but I think I only have three or so, so I'll probably try to find the same ones and buy more.

Sorry to hear you are still tired, but at least your morning sickness is getting better. I had a bout of it this morning (no vomiting) where I just felt really nauseated. I forced myself to eat breakfast and felt much better. It's a little after 9AM now, and I feel ok enough. Our clocks fall back next weekend, so I am curious as to how that will affect my nighttime tiredness. I'm getting back to normal now, where I start getting tired past 9PM. For a while it was 7:30 or 8 where I would say that I felt like I could go to sleep right then and there, so that's getting better, but I'm afraid the time change is really going to mess with it.

As far as a bump, YES. I am wearing a dress today that is bigger and comfy and hides it well. But basically I am to the point where my regular clothes aren't cutting it anymore. I can wear some of my older clothes that were bigger that I hadn't yet gotten rid of, but I'm obviously not ready for maternity clothes yet. I think I need some of those stretchy skirts like you described that aren't super obvious. We also need to tell our office staff finally, since they're the people who see me most often, and I could get away with growing out of clothes/switching to maternity clothes without it being a big deal. I'm still trolling craigslist for maternity clothes, but since people seem to be selling a lot of casual clothes and non-office-appropriate attire, I fear that I'm going to be buying a lot new. However, I'll just sell it as a lot again (I sold my last set of maternity clothes as a lot, but they were L-XXL).

Anyway, my OB told me that I would definitely show earlier this time, and that's normal. Last time I was so much heavier that I could hide it for much longer, but this time it's obvious if you're paying attention (if my clothes are tight enough). I'm kind of amazed that 10 weeks is long enough for that.

Anyone else want to check in and/or say hi? I'd love to hear more about how everyone is doing/feeling!
  • mormonmomma11
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Today (fingers crossed) I'm feeling okay. Everything stayed down over the weekend again and I'm feeling nauseated, but not like I'm going to actually throw up again.

My boobs are getting bigger too... I was down to a 34DD and I'm already back into my old 36DDD (at 11 Weeks 1 day) - I have no idea what I'm going to do when this bra gets too small.

I've been in maternity clothes for a few weeks now plus some of my "fat" shirts that are more forgiving. I feel like I'm definitely showing already.

So question for those of you that already have 1+ little ones at home. Do you have a double stroller? Are you going to invest in one? My son will be 2 when this baby arrives - and we love walks. I just am flabbergasted at prices on those bad boys. We have a saturn sedan and the trunk isn't all that spacious, so size is a concern too.
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Today (fingers crossed) I'm feeling okay. Everything stayed down over the weekend again and I'm feeling nauseated, but not like I'm going to actually throw up again.

My boobs are getting bigger too... I was down to a 34DD and I'm already back into my old 36DDD (at 11 Weeks 1 day) - I have no idea what I'm going to do when this bra gets too small.

I've been in maternity clothes for a few weeks now plus some of my "fat" shirts that are more forgiving. I feel like I'm definitely showing already.

So question for those of you that already have 1+ little ones at home. Do you have a double stroller? Are you going to invest in one? My son will be 2 when this baby arrives - and we love walks. I just am flabbergasted at prices on those bad boys. We have a saturn sedan and the trunk isn't all that spacious, so size is a concern too.

We are definitely going to invest in a double stroller (our son will be 2 years and 4 months old when this one arrives). I am thinking of investing in one that has a removable thing for a baby (like the Britax B-Ready, which is $$$) so that I can just use it as a single stroller after our son decides he no longer wants to sit in a stroller. My sister's kids have the same age split that we'll have, and she used a double stroller for less than a year before her older son decided he wanted to walk. I don't want to pay full price for a stroller, so I will either be trolling Craigslist or Black Friday sales. We have a minivan, so space isn't an issue, but I still don't want something huge.
  • speshell4
    Options
    Hi all!!!
    This is my thrid baby. I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 7 month old. Guess what You can get pregant while nursing;) My two little ones will be 14 months apart!! I will have a March baby, and April bay and a May baby!!! 3 kidos 3 and under. I am very excited and very overwhelmed right now.
    We were not planning on having any more kids. But we are very greatful for new little life we will have in a few months.
    Currently my biggest concern is gaining a ton of weight. I was not back to prepregancy weight before I got prego again. I already feel fat and out of shape. any tips or advice to keep the weight under control would be helpful
  • M_lifts
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

my daughter is 4so dont need a stroller. however will have to look into getting a travel system for no2 plus a buggy board for my daughter to stand on when she's tired.