May 2013 Due Dates

Options

Replies

• Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm due May 3rd with a little girl (most likely- the u/s was a little early and she was modest!). This is number 5 for us, and we already have two girls and two boys, ages 12 down to 4. :)

I have already gained 21lbs, and got a lecture yesterday at my appointment, which I was already dreading for that reason. I always 'winter well' and ate lots of Christmas cookies. ;) Anyways, back on track and determined to keep my gain down.

Congratulations to all!
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newcomers! I feel almost like a newcomer, simply because of my lack of posting in this thread. Oops, sorry! :frown:

Things are going fine with this pregnancy so far, so I guess that's why I haven't really seen the 'need' to post much. I guess after a singleton pregnancy that ended with pre-eclampsia and then a twin pregnancy, this pregnancy is just swimming along fine with no worries so far! Everyone keeps asking me 'how are you feeling?' whenever they see me, and I'm always like 'fine...? Oh, because of being pregnant? Yeah, I'm fine!' :laugh: Why do people always ask pregnant ladies how they're feeling? So funny.

I've been proud of myself because I've exercised like 2 whole times in the past few days (ha!) and have been getting a little better about tracking my food/calories. It's just been hard to fit it all in, since whenever I get all the kids taken care of/down for naps/whatever, I don't feel like exercising or entering my food or anything else. Plus there's the house to keep up and dinner to plan, etc!

We found out a week before Christmas that we're having another girl, but haven't even begun looking at names. Friends have been asking if we've chosen a name and I just laugh and tell them we'll have a name by the time we leave the hospital! We don't share the name ahead of time anyway, so we can reserve the option to change it last minute if we want, and to steer clear of any criticism/opinions from anyone. :wink:

My almost-3 year old daughter got to feel her baby sister kick today - that was fun! The twins don't even know what's going on, other than the fact that Mommy's lap is running out of room, so I'm sure they wouldn't care to feel for the movements.

The pregnancy seems to be flying by, but at the same time, I'm trying to decide when I should pull out the newborn clothes from the attic, rearrange beds, etc. I don't want to do it too soon (23 weeks right now, and that seems WAY too soon) but I don't want it to suddenly be upon me, either. I also need to transition at least one of the twins to a 'big kid bed' before the baby is born because we'll need a crib.

Anyway, there's a nice long novel about my life right now! Just keeping busy and growing this little baby! I have another ultrasound on Monday because at the anatomy scan, the ultrasound tech wasn't able to see everything she needed. So yay for seeing the baby again!:flowerforyou:

I hope you all continue to do well! I always catch up on the pages I've missed but then feel silly to refer to something someone mentioned 2 pages back. I have been reading them, though, and it sounds like most things are improving for everyone, so I'm glad for you!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I will hopefully catch up later and respond to some of your posts, but I just wanted to do a quick check-in and say that I had my 20-week (structural) ultrasound today, and everything looks great! I didn't cave and find out the sex, but I knew I wouldn't :happy:
  • LadyJocc
    LadyJocc Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I will hopefully catch up later and respond to some of your posts, but I just wanted to do a quick check-in and say that I had my 20-week (structural) ultrasound today, and everything looks great! I didn't cave and find out the sex, but I knew I wouldn't :happy:

That's great Rebecca - congrats to a healthy baby!! and I'm impressed you didn't cave!!
  • RBXChas
    Options

That's great Rebecca - congrats to a healthy baby!! and I'm impressed you didn't cave!!

Thanks!

There's so much to respond to, and I'm still so bogged down in the office that hopefully I will get to respond to more people tomorrow :frown:

Also, I have not had the bleeding issues in a while, so yay!!! My OB was happy to hear it because she knows it can be disconcerting, and she is guessing that my cervix moved up and got out of the way of what was irritating it. Additionally, my legs have been a little swollen at the end of the day for the past 3-4 days, not a lot, and it's gone by the AM, but she said this is the time when that starts kicking in (my BP is on the low end of normal, so we know it's not that). I'm like greeeeeeeeeeeeeat because I had that really bad towards the end last time, but she said just drink lots of water with lemon and keep my salt intake low. I guess that's all I can do! Now that my bleeding issues have more or less subsided I feel better about exercising. I got the Summer Sanders prenatal workout, so I want to try it and see how it goes!
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newcomers! The more the merrier here! it's great to hear updates and new stories of what's going on with everyone!

mormonmamma: Thanks for the web prenatal yoga recommendation --I'd love to hear your feedback on how it works out for you. I'm scheming for when I have a good 2 week stretch to take full advantage of the free trial period.

RBX -glad to hear everything's cleared up and the baby looks good!

In other news, I'm approaching the sixth month (23 weeks tomorrow) and am 5 weeks post-appendectomy. I am feeling more confident about getting back to my usual healthy eating and exercise habits. Heartburn, nausea, and random aches and pains seem to be at an all-time pregnancy low. I was back in the pool on Tuesday for a test-drive swim workout =success! The baby seems to be happily kicking away in his own amniotic pool, too!

I'm feeling so crazy confident that I have started entering my cal counts again -wish me luck. I set my count for 1740, which is 200 above maintenance. From what I understand, that's about right for the "official" extra calorie needs in the second trimester, and I'll probably eat at or just above that *if I can*, plus whatever exercise calories I use. If anyone has any more information to share on that calorie calculation, I'd love to hear it.
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options

Thanks!

There's so much to respond to, and I'm still so bogged down in the office that hopefully I will get to respond to more people tomorrow :frown:

Also, I have not had the bleeding issues in a while, so yay!!! My OB was happy to hear it because she knows it can be disconcerting, and she is guessing that my cervix moved up and got out of the way of what was irritating it. Additionally, my legs have been a little swollen at the end of the day for the past 3-4 days, not a lot, and it's gone by the AM, but she said this is the time when that starts kicking in (my BP is on the low end of normal, so we know it's not that). I'm like greeeeeeeeeeeeeat because I had that really bad towards the end last time, but she said just drink lots of water with lemon and keep my salt intake low. I guess that's all I can do! Now that my bleeding issues have more or less subsided I feel better about exercising. I got the Summer Sanders prenatal workout, so I want to try it and see how it goes!

Rebecca - have you tried compression socks? I get the swelling really bad too and thought about trying them this time around...
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newcomers! The more the merrier here! it's great to hear updates and new stories of what's going on with everyone!

mormonmamma: Thanks for the web prenatal yoga recommendation --I'd love to hear your feedback on how it works out for you. I'm scheming for when I have a good 2 week stretch to take full advantage of the free trial period.

RBX -glad to hear everything's cleared up and the baby looks good!

In other news, I'm approaching the sixth month (23 weeks tomorrow) and am 5 weeks post-appendectomy. I am feeling more confident about getting back to my usual healthy eating and exercise habits. Heartburn, nausea, and random aches and pains seem to be at an all-time pregnancy low. I was back in the pool on Tuesday for a test-drive swim workout =success! The baby seems to be happily kicking away in his own amniotic pool, too!

I'm feeling so crazy confident that I have started entering my cal counts again -wish me luck. I set my count for 1740, which is 200 above maintenance. From what I understand, that's about right for the "official" extra calorie needs in the second trimester, and I'll probably eat at or just above that *if I can*, plus whatever exercise calories I use. If anyone has any more information to share on that calorie calculation, I'd love to hear it.

Your cals sound right to me... I also am adding 200 to my maintenance (per OB's recommendation). But, I'm not stressing if I'm aa little under or over that. Good luck!
  • alibur85
    alibur85 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Seriously didn't know there were this many pregnant ladies on MFP!! Love it! Wish I knew about this thread sooner!!

I'm pregnant with my second, due May 12th. It's a boy, Peyton Lee, whom I affectionately call Mr. Pie :) My first son is 3yrs and is so excited to be a big brother! This pregnancy has been rough, being put on and off bed rest due to pretern contractions. But all in all I love being pregnant and can't wait to hold my little one!!

Feel free to add me, it's always nice to have others in your situation as MFPs!! Happy and healthy pregnancies to everyone!!

- Alison

Welcome Alison! An congrats on your boy! I love the name you've picked -- and your womb name -- great choice!

Sorry to hear about your pretern contractions - are they consistent or getting better? I'm sure bed rest is no fun, but it'll go by quickly.

Take care!

Thanks Jacc! No bedrest was NO fun, luckily i'm off it for now, but still having to live a very sedentary lifestyle do to the contractions (which are about 2-3 an hour now unless I have a stressful day, like yesterday i was having 6-7 an hour).

I saw on another thread that you have started to gain weight finally with the help of a little appetite! Yay! I am the same, been able to eat more over the last few weeks and am up 5lbs at 23 weeks.
  • LadyJocc
    LadyJocc Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jacc! No bedrest was NO fun, luckily i'm off it for now, but still having to live a very sedentary lifestyle do to the contractions (which are about 2-3 an hour now unless I have a stressful day, like yesterday i was having 6-7 an hour).

I saw on another thread that you have started to gain weight finally with the help of a little appetite! Yay! I am the same, been able to eat more over the last few weeks and am up 5lbs at 23 weeks.

Awesome! Glad we're both gaining - I feel so much more pregnant these days - I'm loving it.

Glad you're off bed-rest - ugh! - but geeze, those are some consistent contractions. That's got to be hard, obviously physically, but also mentally for you. How are things going otherwise?
  • Puckeysrun
    Puckeysrun Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've just come back to MFP after a horrendous time with HG (severe morning sickness). I'm currently -1kg pre-pregnancy weight, at 23 weeks. Due 12 May with a boy, I also have a 10yo daughter and almost 5yo daughter.
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newcomers! I feel almost like a newcomer, simply because of my lack of posting in this thread. Oops, sorry! :frown:

Things are going fine with this pregnancy so far, so I guess that's why I haven't really seen the 'need' to post much. I guess after a singleton pregnancy that ended with pre-eclampsia and then a twin pregnancy, this pregnancy is just swimming along fine with no worries so far! Everyone keeps asking me 'how are you feeling?' whenever they see me, and I'm always like 'fine...? Oh, because of being pregnant? Yeah, I'm fine!' :laugh: Why do people always ask pregnant ladies how they're feeling? So funny.

I've been proud of myself because I've exercised like 2 whole times in the past few days (ha!) and have been getting a little better about tracking my food/calories. It's just been hard to fit it all in, since whenever I get all the kids taken care of/down for naps/whatever, I don't feel like exercising or entering my food or anything else. Plus there's the house to keep up and dinner to plan, etc!

We found out a week before Christmas that we're having another girl, but haven't even begun looking at names. Friends have been asking if we've chosen a name and I just laugh and tell them we'll have a name by the time we leave the hospital! We don't share the name ahead of time anyway, so we can reserve the option to change it last minute if we want, and to steer clear of any criticism/opinions from anyone. :wink:

My almost-3 year old daughter got to feel her baby sister kick today - that was fun! The twins don't even know what's going on, other than the fact that Mommy's lap is running out of room, so I'm sure they wouldn't care to feel for the movements.

The pregnancy seems to be flying by, but at the same time, I'm trying to decide when I should pull out the newborn clothes from the attic, rearrange beds, etc. I don't want to do it too soon (23 weeks right now, and that seems WAY too soon) but I don't want it to suddenly be upon me, either. I also need to transition at least one of the twins to a 'big kid bed' before the baby is born because we'll need a crib.

Anyway, there's a nice long novel about my life right now! Just keeping busy and growing this little baby! I have another ultrasound on Monday because at the anatomy scan, the ultrasound tech wasn't able to see everything she needed. So yay for seeing the baby again!:flowerforyou:

I hope you all continue to do well! I always catch up on the pages I've missed but then feel silly to refer to something someone mentioned 2 pages back. I have been reading them, though, and it sounds like most things are improving for everyone, so I'm glad for you!

Sounds like our history is similiar, my singleton pregnancy May of 2011 ended with borderline preeclampsia and I am now pregnant with twins! lol, though this is the end for us (for a while anyways, then we will decide for sure!). The girls are killing my pelvis already, I felt pressure for a few days and was freaking out until I called my mom yesterday and she said its perfectly normal with twins (since my younger sisters are twins) and I felt even more relief when I read a few forums about it. I am 22 weeks 2d and it is no fun to think I will feel that until they get here!! So 4 girls or are one of the twins a boy? Lol I am glad we got our boy first since we are having 2 girls.

We finally decided on names, my mom isnt a fan and I am sure hubbys mom wont be, but they werent a huge fan of our sons either, so it was to be expected.....but we like them and they are ours and they will be loved either way. I am starting to get things ready, I feel like I have nesting nights already....lol....I just get the urge to clean and just do it....I think its bc we are planning to move soon so I am cleaning out things we dont need so we arent moving unnecessary things to the new place....bummed though bc the new place we plan to move into it doesnt have central a/c which is a bummer for us...but we need the bigger place and maybe window units wont be so bad? Anyone else have this? My main issue is I dont want units in our sons or the girls room, but I am worried they will get hot in the summer humidity here in Va and we have a cat so we cant leave the doors open......any suggestions would be very helpful if anyone has been in a similiar situation!
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Oh, I remember the pelvic pain from the twins! Ooooh, boy, that was no fun! Sorry you're feeling it, though I guess it's sort of inevitable.:flowerforyou:

One of our twins is a boy, so we'll have 3 girls, 1 boy. I think I would go crazy in a house full of only girls!

Today's ultrasound went great. She was able to see everything she couldn't last time.....and wow, has the baby grown! 4 weeks ago she measured 10oz and today she was measuring 1lb9oz! What?! The u/s lady said it's all based on the baby's belly size, and apparently it isn't uncommon to change dramatically up or down from one u/s to the next.

4 weeks until the 1 hour glucose test, then I get another growth u/s 4 weeks after that, then I'll go to the every-2-weeks visits! Wow, the end is coming up fast!
  • RBXChas
    Options

Thanks!

Rebecca - have you tried compression socks? I get the swelling really bad too and thought about trying them this time around...

I have not tried those but have thought about it... The problem is that I live in dresses!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Ok, so I got really busy at work during the second half of last week, and then my in-laws were in town for my husband's birthday. As such I haven't been on the boards this much, and catching up and responding to all the new posts would take me forever! I apologize for not doing so, since I like to acknowledge as much as I can.

Anyway, I wanted to jump in and say hi and a special welcome to our newcomers!

All is well here, though. I hit 21 weeks yesterday, and I'm feeling pretty good. We went for a walk with my in-laws on Saturday, and I was EXHAUSTED for the rest of the day and Sunday. I also had a tiny bit of bleeding (less than before, which was almost nothing back then), so I'm like, GEEZ, can I even just take a walk without having issues? I still have my Summer Sanders DVD, which I want to try, but now I'm feeling gun-shy. Perhaps I'll stick to the yoga portions - at least it's something, right?

Oh, and in case anyone's wondering who didn't already know, we adopted a puppy on Friday from the SPCA. He's my new profile picture, which I took when we were driving home with him (he was asleep on my husband's lap). We named him Baxter, and he's a cocker spaniel mix. This is dog #4 for us (we had four until our oldest passed away in October), but usually we adopt adult dogs. My husband has never had a puppy before, and it's been a long time since I've done the puppy thing, so we're getting up 3-5x/night to take him out! Well, my husband is, at least, since he knows I will be the one getting up with the baby come May. Plus I want Baxter to be "his" dog since the last one we adopted is super attached to me and never cuddles with him. We have to bring Baxter to work with us because he needs to go out often, so he hangs out with my husband. Unfortunately he just had to head to court, which means I'm on duty, and this little guy is asleep in my lap right now. He's very laid-back for a puppy, but that means he fits in well with our other dogs (who have no idea what the deal is with this little one). Our son likes to pet him and kiss him on the head, which is sweet :)

Anyway, that's enough dog stuff! I'm such a dog person that I could go on forever about him. I hope everyone is doing well, and I really have gone back and read what I missed (and enjoyed it)!

ETA that even though I'm still having bleeding issues, it really is almost nothing, and I can still feel this baby moving all the time. My 20-week u/s was hard for the tech because s/he kept swimming around in there!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    I have not tried those but have thought about it... The problem is that I live in dresses!

Actually, I could try this look. Hot or not?

cheri-oteri-rita-delvecchio-636.jpg
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    NOT! Ha, ha! But you could totally make them work with dresses -knee highs with empire waist dresses are totally doable!

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://images1.chictopia.com/photos/PaigeRenae/1391865789/target-boots-floral-print-nordstrom-dress-knee-high-socks-forever-21-socks-_400.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/388151-One+Is+The+Loneliest+Number-target-boots-floral-print-nordstrom-dress-knee-high-socks-forever-21-socks-&usg=__UoW9kMW-M08iqPiAoslo7q4x58A=&h=600&w=400&sz=110&hl=en&start=5&sig2=0tbGG0Jwo2lRAqNRSWN5sw&zoom=1&tbnid=DJEh-GIPx3mJHM:&tbnh=135&tbnw=90&ei=F270UNeMJ8S60AG-04G4Bw&prev=/images?q=high+socks+with+dresses&hl=en&client=firefox-a&sa=X&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&itbs=1

Sort of this, except the dress wouldn't be office-appropriate. I bet you can find something!

In other news, I'm back in the pool with a regular schedule now and am pretty psyched about feeling good! We also decided to take another plunge and sign up for Bradley Method childbirth classes. It's a 12 week course, which feels really excessive to me, but I do like how they cover a lot more than just the labor and birth, including breastfeeding and newborn care --which we are total 0's at right now-- and they give the birth partner a lot of great strategies for helping out and navigating the medical system when we can't for ourselves. I talked to the instructor and felt it was a good fit, plus most of the cost will also be covered by insurance. I was leaning toward a hypnobirthing course, but then I didn't really see myself as very conducive to that method. Has anybody done either one or the other of these methods?
  • TaraFTMVA
    Options
    Oh, I remember the pelvic pain from the twins! Ooooh, boy, that was no fun! Sorry you're feeling it, though I guess it's sort of inevitable.:flowerforyou:

One of our twins is a boy, so we'll have 3 girls, 1 boy. I think I would go crazy in a house full of only girls!

Today's ultrasound went great. She was able to see everything she couldn't last time.....and wow, has the baby grown! 4 weeks ago she measured 10oz and today she was measuring 1lb9oz! What?! The u/s lady said it's all based on the baby's belly size, and apparently it isn't uncommon to change dramatically up or down from one u/s to the next.

4 weeks until the 1 hour glucose test, then I get another growth u/s 4 weeks after that, then I'll go to the every-2-weeks visits! Wow, the end is coming up fast!

My goodness!! That is a huge difference in weight and that seems big for even 23 weeks!! I am glad everything went well and she could see everything! I already did 1 glucose test since I figure I may as well (since they wanted a base for my preeclampsia and I had to the fun 24hr collection), soI will probably do another in 2-3 weeks. Did you get preeclampsia with the twins?
  • TaraFTMVA
    Options
    NOT! Ha, ha! But you could totally make them work with dresses -knee highs with empire waist dresses are totally doable!

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://images1.chictopia.com/photos/PaigeRenae/1391865789/target-boots-floral-print-nordstrom-dress-knee-high-socks-forever-21-socks-_400.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/388151-One+Is+The+Loneliest+Number-target-boots-floral-print-nordstrom-dress-knee-high-socks-forever-21-socks-&usg=__UoW9kMW-M08iqPiAoslo7q4x58A=&h=600&w=400&sz=110&hl=en&start=5&sig2=0tbGG0Jwo2lRAqNRSWN5sw&zoom=1&tbnid=DJEh-GIPx3mJHM:&tbnh=135&tbnw=90&ei=F270UNeMJ8S60AG-04G4Bw&prev=/images?q=high+socks+with+dresses&hl=en&client=firefox-a&sa=X&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=isch&itbs=1

Sort of this, except the dress wouldn't be office-appropriate. I bet you can find something!

In other news, I'm back in the pool with a regular schedule now and am pretty psyched about feeling good! We also decided to take another plunge and sign up for Bradley Method childbirth classes. It's a 12 week course, which feels really excessive to me, but I do like how they cover a lot more than just the labor and birth, including breastfeeding and newborn care --which we are total 0's at right now-- and they give the birth partner a lot of great strategies for helping out and navigating the medical system when we can't for ourselves. I talked to the instructor and felt it was a good fit, plus most of the cost will also be covered by insurance. I was leaning toward a hypnobirthing course, but then I didn't really see myself as very conducive to that method. Has anybody done either one or the other of these methods?

I didnt do either of those, but that is a long course!! We are planning to take a few classes since 2 will be different than one, but I just plan to do the multiples class and infant cpr. Its odd though bc we have to pay for them now, but with my son they were free :ohwell: and it was only 2 years ago! But I feel it is worth it :). I am also taking a free breastfeeding course through the health department, which I didnt even know existed until recently, so that should be helpful! I think its great your insurance will cover most too!

Edit to say to RBXChas: That puppy is too stinkin cute!! Its going to be a while before we get one =/, Im excited you adopted too!
  • RenaeNguyen
    RenaeNguyen Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have an obgyn appointment tomorrow...... Moment of truth if I've been maintaining my weight. I have my fingers crossed.