The mythical "ideal partner" (?)

Options

Replies

• Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Love it when the women get all graphic...lol
    I admit I totally googled Ocho pinko too! Be careful though...the right toy is a blessing and a curse!

lalala.gif

Sorry peep husband!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Being a woman who likes sports I swear is a deterrent. I'm a sports writer and I can't even pay a guy to go out with me. I hope it works well for other women!

I am starting to think that women that know and can talk sports get friendzoned because when we talk about them guys automatically see you as a buddy.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    There is a ESPN reporter by the name of Samantha Steele dating Christian Ponder of the Vikings.

ETA - I don't get how a reporter dates an athlete she's only met a handful of times at the most, but hey, she's hot, probably had something to do with it.

This might be incredibly sexist, but if you're a woman in sports reporting, I don't think you can date the athletes. I just think it discredits you, makes you seem to be a fan girl.

If you like sports, I think it is great to like sports...but you should never fake it for a man. Just tell them, "I hate baseball! I'm going to the gym while the game's on, let's go out after!"

Samantha Steele is good looking.

I've never once heard of a male sports media member dating and/or having sex with a female athlete. Not even a hot one like Maria Sharapova, Amanda Beard, Ana Ivanovic, etc.

I like the idea about women being real about how they feel about sports.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Being a woman who likes sports I swear is a deterrent. I'm a sports writer and I can't even pay a guy to go out with me. I hope it works well for other women!

I am starting to think that women that know and can talk sports get friendzoned because when we talk about them guys automatically see you as a buddy.

It depends on how good looking you are and the manner in which you talk about it. If you know how the Triangle Offense works in basketball better than most guys, it may not work in your favor (unless you're really good looking!).

If you are a woman who played NCAA level tennis, soccer, swimming, etc & I'm meeting you out and about & you've got an athletic sexy bod still. I'm going to be interested.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I would imagine that generally, yes, this is the case (Our friend the unpopular blogger actually says don't try to be a bloke).
    Reciprocally, imagine a man talking about perfume (or make up)... Far from being a turn on isn't it?

Now if you happen to genuinely like to talk about perfume as a guy then you're a bit screwed, but I'm sure there are women that wouldn't mind.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

It depends on how good looking you are and the manner in which you talk about it. If you know how the Triangle Offense works in basketball better than most guys, it may not work in your favor (unless you're really good looking!).

If you are a woman who played NCAA level tennis, soccer, swimming, etc & I'm meeting you out and about & you've got an athletic sexy bod still. I'm going to be interested.

Did you just say this? :noway: Ok, so the basic answer really boils down to 'shut up and look pretty' then, right? :huh:
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I would imagine that generally, yes, this is the case (Our friend the unpopular blogger actually says don't try to be a bloke).
    Reciprocally, imagine a man talking about perfume (or make up)... Far from being a turn on isn't it?

Now if you happen to genuinely like to talk about perfume as a guy then you're a bit screwed, but I'm sure there are women that wouldn't mind.

I play and watch sports with guys so generally we would be talking about them when we play or watch them. You want me talking about the decline of the dollar while watching the Vikings get their *kitten*'s handed to them?
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Did you just say this? :noway: Ok, so the basic answer really boils down to 'shut up and look pretty' then, right? :huh:

That's the answer to 99% of questions asked :laugh: Just kidding.

I think what DM was trying to say was that if you are trying to land a professional athlete who's worth millions, you need to bring your A game.

Question to the guys.. do you think it's intimidating dating a women who's been with a professional athlete? I briefly dated a women years ago who use to date an athlete at Boston College (who later played in the NFL). Everything was fine until I found out about this. After she told me, I was very intimidated around her.

In short, I don't think I could ever date anyone who's been with a professional athlete.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options

I have a great man talking with me now, and it started because we like the same football team. I do believe that women can like sports teams and trash talk with a guy, but still be a woman. You have to have fun in a relationship and if that's one of your common interests, where's the harm? There are some womanly conversations that I reserve for my girlfriends, just as I would assume there are many manly conversations that he would have with his guy friends. As long as you are able to keep the balance of fun and femininity, there shouldn't be an issue.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

I wouldn't want a guy to talk about perfume and make up because that's f*cking boring. If I met a guy that would watch My Little Pony with me (Bronies unite!) or ANTM (guilty pleasure, I've gotta have one, haha) then that's cool with me. As long as we both like it.

Mike - as far as not being able to date someone that's been with a professional athlete? Sounds like self esteem issues. If I was with a guy that dated a supermodel prior to me I would be -stoked- because guess who's gettin' the goods now? This gal.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options

I wouldn't want a guy to talk about perfume and make up because that's f*cking boring. If I met a guy that would watch My Little Pony with me (Bronies unite!) or ANTM (guilty pleasure, I've gotta have one, haha) then that's cool with me. As long as we both like it.

Mike - as far as not being able to date someone that's been with a professional athlete? Sounds like self esteem issues. If I was with a guy that dated a supermodel prior to me I would be -stoked- because guess who's gettin' the goods now? This gal.

LMAO!!!! Yes!! :):laugh: :laugh:
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

Actually, on that note, it's just more evidence that the dude is talking out of his a$s. Does he really think female conversation is dominated by perfume and make up? F*cking stupid.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I dated a girl with an ex who was on the cover of Playgirl. The only thing that bothered me was she had a picture from the photo shoot on her refrigerator. I asked her if she would put it someplace where I didn't have to see it every time I came over and she did. After that no problems. I dated another girl who had an ex that played 3 seasons in the NFL. No problems there either. It just told me that she liked bigger guys.

I also know several guys who've been olympic or professional athletes. A lot of times there is nothing that special about them. They have a lot of talent and work hard to get the most from that talen but are extremely lacking in almost every other way. A lot of them aren't very intelligent and if they didn't have a very marketable gift would be lucky to get a job at a convenience store. That doesn't mean all or even most are like that. But there are enough out there like it that it isn't a rarity either. A lot of them have extremely broken bodies as a result of playing too. One of my good friends played 9 years in the NFL. He has knee, back and shoulder problems. At his peak he was 6'7" 325 pounds with very little body fat. He had a hard time picking his kids up to hold them when they were younger and had to ice down for three days just to do a father/daughter dance at their school.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

I'm gonna go with this is what a few of our guys think about women in general...
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

I'm gonna go with this is what a few of our guys think about women in general...

Things seems to be getting into stepford wives territory, anyone else creeped out? :laugh:
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options

I think what DM was trying to say was that if you are trying to land a professional athlete who's worth millions, you need to bring your A game.

Question to the guys.. do you think it's intimidating dating a women who's been with a professional athlete? I briefly dated a women years ago who use to date an athlete at Boston College (who later played in the NFL). Everything was fine until I found out about this. After she told me, I was very intimidated around her.

In short, I don't think I could ever date anyone who's been with a professional athlete.

Pro-Athlete's are over rated. Had a friend that used to date Julius Peppers and she was no where near a 10. I am just talking about guys in general.
  • Jennifer2387
    Options
    I dated a girl with an ex who was on the cover of Playgirl. The only thing that bothered me was she had a picture from the photo shoot on her refrigerator. I asked her if she would put it someplace where I didn't have to see it every time I came over and she did. After that no problems. I dated another girl who had an ex that played 3 seasons in the NFL. No problems there

It was probably to help her stay on her diet! lol

If I was on the cover of playgirl .. **** .. I would blow that b!tch up and put it on my mantel! woot woot!
  • Jennifer2387
    Options

Pro-Athlete's are over rated. Had a friend that used to date Julius Peppers and she was no where near a 10. I am just talking about guys in general.

I want to marry Troy Polamalu. And Matthew Stafford. And Larry Fitzgerald. and Emmanuel Sanders. and Heath Miller.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

I want to marry Troy Polamalu. And Matthew Stafford. And Larry Fitzgerald. and Emmanuel Sanders. and Heath Miller.

You`re dumping me????:sad:
  • disneywm76
    disneywm76 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    [[/quote]
    You`re dumping me????:sad:
    [/quote]

Oh Carl, don't you know that you have plenty of ladies on this forum lined up for you?? :flowerforyou: