Daily check in log

Options

Replies

• Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Huge Beast Day 73/84

Water A

Nutrition A 41/31/28 on goal of 40/30/30 2318 calories on a goal of 2400 so good day there

Workout A did the Beast Total Body workout for the first time, followed with Beast Abs. I enjoyed the total body workout. It is fast paced and to the point. Got up a good sweat and had a good workout.
  • jar41yo6m
    jar41yo6m Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Beast Abs is a tough routine after doing Total Body.

Chest and Tris for me. I forgot I liked that one so much. It was a bear to get through those narrow grip pushups. Not feeling well after dinner and skipped my extra round of cardio.

Water is good, I'm on 12 cups and wanting 3 more.

Nutrition, I'm under calories but off on macros. I'm out of the park on protein and behind on fat and carbs, it shouldn't hurt my cutting efforts.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    jar41: I struggle with those narrow grip pushups as well...they are hard on my nose!

Body Beast Day 74/84

Workout A+ Scheduled rest day...and I did it perfectly!

Water A, Had 12 glasses

Nutrition A 41/30/29 on goal of 40/30/30; 2333 calories on goal of 2400
  • ShawnDMuth
    ShawnDMuth Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Where have I been? LOL I have been working on a new Insanity group. I have done the workouts all week. Today was Bulk Back and I pumped it GOOD. I can just feel more muscle growing.
    Food and water have been really good. I often take 3 shakes a day. (smoothie is often one of them)

How was Lucky 7? I haven't done it.
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    I'm not going to do Lucky 7 again unless I'm in some sort of maintenance routine or really crunched for time. It wasn't a bad workout, just too quick to be satisfying. I could see myself doing it in the morning before work if I was back on Insanity in the evenings.

Thanks Jeff for pointing out it is 84 days instead of 90, which is the time I was using to backwards plan my weight loss. I'm probably going to stay in the Beast Phase to the end of the month regardless. Completing the DVDs is one thing, keeping the fat loss momentum is another. I struggled the first couple weeks of the Beast Phase, but the fat is coming off really well now.

Water was poor, 8 cups.

Workout, I took an unscheduled break. The 6 year old introduced me to his stomach flu.

Sort of a bad day yesterday, at least my nutrition went well!
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Huge Beast Day 75/84

Water A 12 glasses

Nutrition A 41/30/29 on a goal of 40/30/30 and 2368/2400 calories

Workout A Bulk back. Pushed the weights up some and kept good form. Also hit golf balls for two hours working on my swing. Going to play golf with my wife tomorrow. It will be a fun day.
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    I did all the Bulk trainings this week Monday- Friday. I was so grateful to have Sat off my body needed it. I needed Sat night to be free for date night, which went well. I had to truly big deep to finish shoulders Friday night at 9 pm but GOT HER DONE! Food not so good Sat night but that is why I DO THIS! LOL So when I have a fun night, I can truly go for it with no guilt. I never eat bad at home.
    Jeff you driving the ball over 300? 400?
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Bulk Legs, it was brutal after 3 days off with the stomach thing. It was brutal and i really didn't want to finish but i did. Still must be a little ill or dehydrated.

Nutrition was poor today, water good. Nutrition was good the other days i was away.

I'll be back on track tomorrow!
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Body Beast day 77/ 84

Water A

Nutrition F playing poorly in the golf course so decided a few beers might fix my swing. It did as I was 6 over par after 5 holes then after I started with the beer I was one under the next 13 holes. Shot 77 but ended up messing up my nutrition and macros. Tomorrow is a new day.

Workout C didn't want to do it.... But I finally did, but it was listless and a poor effort. Beer does not make good fuel.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Huge Beast Day 78/84, Start of the last week!

Water A: 120 ounces one point

Nutrition B: Went out for a working lunch with staff, had fish and chips. Didn't eat many of the chips, but the fried fish was a little heavy. Missed my macros because of this. Over on calories as well. one point for logging it though. I will get back on track with nutrition tomorrow.

Workout A+ Did Tempo chest and Tris, this was a first time workout for me. I really liked the change of pace. Wasn't that up for working out as I haven't slept well the past two nights. But because it was new and different, I got into it and really enjoyed it. The workout is such that you do the reps really slowly and focus on the negative. I really had a good workout.
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    I did the Tempo workout once, wasn't really for me but nothing is for everyone. I did Bulk Chest today and had a GREAT pump from it. Eating and water intake have been really good today. I was super hungry yesterday so I kick up the quality carbs. I made a post in the other group about carbs that you guys may find useful.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Huge Beast Day 79/84

Water A, 128 ounces

Nutrition A- macros off because wife wanted to go out to dinner and couldn't make it fit. Calories 2308/2400

Workout A+ Bulk legs. Really had lots of energy and kept great form, going really low in the lunges. Felt good
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Build Back and Bis as well as 30 minutes of treadmill. It was a good workout, probably the best I've done on pullups anyhow.

Nutrition was a bomb, I had a good start, then a long conference dumped me out at 1:30 to a Pizza buffet. Without snacking on something healthy I'm pretty weak to pizza.

Water was good.

My soon to be 17 yo started Beast yesterday. It will be interesting to see how it changes him being he is 8% BF and ripped already. He wants 10 pounds, at 140lbs and 6 foot he is pretty thin. I've been kicking his butt in livingroom wrestling matches lately. I should though given I have 40 lbs on him, but it took everything I had before. I can punk him pretty good right now. So as far as looking pretty or gaining functional strength....I'm even more pleased to say I got both. I'm pretty sure thats what motivated my kid to try the program, even though he has a personal trainer.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    jar41: Functional strength is a great NSV! I think that is the whole reason I started getting in shape and lifting. To make sure my two teenage boys can't take me. Gotta keep 'em in line!

Huge Beast Day 80/84

Water A, Water is all I drink, no issues here

Nutrition A 41/31/28 on goal of 40/30/30. Calories 2338/2400

Workout A- Beast Cardio and Beast Abs. Much more energy today than Sundays workout where I had beer as fuel. Healthy food is much better fuel!!
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Cardio and Abs, both went well. Heading to the treadmill soon.

I'm 82 calories under and just a tad behind on protein, not too bad for eating out.

Water, I'm catching up.

Glad to hear other Dads have to rumble, mine won't stop until he is done and it usually starts with a rear naked choke ambush.
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    I hear you about the kids! I so look forward to training my son soon as his sports are over. He plays waterpolo and is on the swim team. He is FINALLY ready to seriously weight train to the point where he was asking me. Will be great time teaching the kid the ropes. He will be in BEAST MODE at 16. ;)
    My legs so HURT today. A leg workout is a MAN workout, no wonder so many "guys" wimp away from them and only train upper body. Lets face it, upper is EASY compared to lower. The secret to true growth in ALL muscles is working them legs.
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Bulk Shoulders followed with Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance. Great workout both ways, I'm either adjusting to my calories or getting the crud out of my system.

Nutrition was over 20 calories over but macros were 4% off.

Water was low at 10 cups.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    No check in yesterday, it was scheduled rest day and I was super busy anyway

Huge Beast Day 82/84

Water A 12 glasses

Nutrition B- Ate well but over on carbs today. Didn't have a lot of food in the house this morning (Shopping tonight and we are now stocked) So didn't plan very well today and as we all know, Planning ahead is the way to hit your macros.

Just found out I set my macro goals wrong in MFP, When I switched to the lean phase for the last three weeks of Body beast I should have put in 40/30/30 p/c/f. What I put in was 30/40/30 p/c/f, WHOOPS!!! So I am sure I have not been leaning out the way I should have been. It is fixed now, but only two day left, oh well live and learn!
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Huge Beast Day 83/84

Water B didn't drink enough, running around all day

Nutrition C Had valentine's dinner out with my sweetie and went waaay over on calories and missed my macros

Workout A Bulk Shoulders. One of my favorites in the Body Beast series. Had a very good workout.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Huge Beast Day 84/84

Water A 120 ounces and counting

Nutrition B Ate well but macros off

Workout A++ did Body Beast Total Body and Beast Abs, Had a great workout knowing that it was my last one. Really liked the Body Beast series, I would highly recommend it to anyone that is looking to add some muscle. My measurements all went up in the right places. I will take the completion photos later this week and post on here for those interested.