Daily check in log

Options

Replies

• ShawnDMuth
    ShawnDMuth Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I got in Bulk Chest today. Pumped the pecs really good!
    Did 4 weeks of Build and this is first week with Bulk series.
    I just enjoy the weight training. ;)

Eating is good so far today at A
    Water intake is good A
    Training intensity was good A

MEN.....BEAST UP!!! (during the videos it is said often but catchy!)
  • Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Huge Beast Day 30/90

Bulk Back: Had a good workout today. Weights stayed the same on some and went up on some. I like this workout, quick and to the point.

Nutrition: Christmas day, so I won't be keeping real close track not eating all the best foods. Will still have my supplements though.

Water, 6 glasses so far (3:00 PM) so it will be good.

Took my 30 day measurements and saw some good progress. Legs did not grow (can't see how because they seemed to hurt the most) but otherwise happy.

Before************After
    Chest 37 1/2 ***********41 5/8
    Rt Arm 13 **************13 1/2
    Lt Arm 12 7/8************13 3/8
    Waist 31 1/4**************33
    Hips 34 1/2*************36 1/2
    Rt Thigh 22 1/2***********22 1/2
    Lt Thigh 22 1/4***********22 1/4
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    Jeff, you are certainly putting on size!

I did Bulk Back today. It was good to hit the weights again and feel like I am getting back on track. I too had plenty of sugar and junk the last few days but it is OVER! Time to dig in and be healthy. It just FEELS so much better. Did everyone notice how much your energy levels dropped with bad eating? OUCH!
    Eating is on track with A
    Water is good A
    Exercise intensity was good with A.
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    Happy Holidays, Shawn said it best...besides ourselves who would say 4 days a week of exercise it poor? LOL

I'm not going to get mine today or tomorrow, but it is okay. I've been exercising 4 days or more a week since April. My 41st year has been my healthiest ever.

I did want to share results, I hope people find them interesting. I'm not very big so the measurements themselves aren't awesome, the change is what is what lights my fire. I've met my goals on 1/2 my measurements and I'm only half done with the program. I hope to meet all my goals and absolutely crush the half I already met.

Neck: Start 14.5", Now 15.25", On Goal
    Arms: Start 13", Now 14.5"
    Chest: Start 40", Now 43.5", On Goal
    Shoulders: Start 46", Now 48.5", On Goal
    Waist: Start 31", Now 32.5" :( But my abs seem more defined?
    Thigh: Start 20", Now 21.5"
    BEAST UP!!! Lets go!
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Body Beast Day 31/90

Water B
    Nutrition B. Played golf and didn't eat on the course. Got a sandwich on the way home. Will plan better tomorrow.
    Workout A. This was really the only thing that went right today. Did Bulk Arms. I like this workout and it was good to get out some frustration. I thought I would post my 30 day pictures. I can see some changes. I have put on some mass (6 pounds) which is what I am looking to do. I think I can see some more muscle in my chest and shoulders. Starting to get a better 'V' look as well. Happy so far.

Back before
    10h3910.jpg
    Back after
    mv6k49.jpg
    Front Before
    2d6prm8.jpg
    Front After
    mhca3c.jpg
    Front twist before
    1z3p545.jpg
    Front twist after
    2d85943.jpg
  • jar41yo6m
    jar41yo6m Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Jfearn, it doesn't take much effort to see the improvement in your arms and chest. Nice Work.

Bulk Shoulders yesterday. Good workout, but my left bicep really hates Arnold presses. I better drag the mirror out and look closer at my technique. Muscle failure in one arm and not the other is awkward on a yoga ball. It isn't the weight so much as the twist to open up before pressing is really tight and painful on the left.

Nutrition, 2% off my macros.

Water, 16 cups. I would like to say I was focused, but I think the salty ham from Christmas certainly helped.

I agree with Shawn, it felt good to be back to what my body likes.
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    I did Bulk Arms today. My biceps got a SERIOUS burn today! ;)
    Eating is B, so much junk around. I look forward to it all going away!
    Water is good A
    Workout intensity was good A

Dig, scratch and claw people! Make it happen! I know lots of distractions until new year but FIGHT!
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Bulk Chest yesterday and Bulk Legs today. Both went great, legs were especially brutal. I'm so much stronger/eager in the morning.

Nutrition has been good.

Water is going well also.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Check in for last two days

Day 32/33 Body Beast

Played golf yesterday. Got home and took quick shower and went out with the wife shopping for dress for new years. Got home late and didn't work out. Today was scheduled rest day so I just swapped.

Workout, Bulk Shoulders, B- did not have the energy I normally do and the workout was hard. I failed on a few reps and had to drop the weights and finish without them. Didn't take my Energy and Endurance pre workout

Water B for yesterday, Will try and drink alot today while on the golf course again (vacation time)

Nutrition yesterday B- planned well for the golf course, but fell apart when we went out to dinner and after I came home.

Overall I have been slacking lately. It is tougher sticking to my eating plan when I have to eat so much. I don't do well planning my macros either when I am out. Need to find my dedication I had for P90X.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Body beast day 34/90
    Quick check in via cell phone
    Didn't feel we'll today but managed to get my workout in
    Bulk chest; A weights went up a little and did all reps
    Water A+
    Nutrition C went out to dinner and a movie with the family
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Huge Beast day 35/90
    Nutrition A: Finally back on track. Macros 26/49/25 within 16 calories of goal
    Water A: 10 glasses and counting
    Workout A Bulk legs. Weights went up on most, form was very good too.
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    I have a feeling the daily check ins are about to pick up with new year approaching us quickly. I went to a wedding today. Here is what is amazing....at the beginning of the year with no man in sight my friend Bridgette declared she would be married this year. SHE DID IT! It was so cool to see the dream come true! She beamed with love and joy. It was such a positive and joyous environment to be a part of. The challenge for me was my football team (the Vikings) were playing a do or die game to get into the playoffs at the same time. I got to see the first half of the game before the wedding and the end after the actual wedding. What a great day...seeing a dream become a reality and a huge win for my football team. :)

I did get my workout in before I left for the wedding!
    Eating was not so great with alcohol and wedding cake. C
    Water not so strong B
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Back yesterday and Arms & Abs today. I felt strong yesterday, today's workout was a bit flat. My weights didn't improve.

Nutrition has been good as has water consumption.

Have a good New Years...and back to College Football. Go Iowa State!
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Huge Beast Day 35/90; end of week 5, it has flown by

Water B, didn't drink enough on the golf course today. Going to New Year's Party tonight, so I won't catch up
    Nutrition; C Going out to New Year's dinner and dance at our country club. Not sure what is on the menu, but I am sure I won't hit my macros
    Workout A; Bulk Back. I like this one. Quick and dirty, get in ,get in done, and move on. Lifted heavy with good form, needed the release since my boys are driving me crazy today :'}

Happy New Years everyone!
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Huge Beast Day 37/90

Water A 11 eight ounce glasses and counting

Nutrition B- 22/49/28 P/C/F A little over on calories also

Workout A Bulk arms and Beast abs. Increased the weights on most and maintained good form. Also played in a golf tournament with my wife and good friend and his wife. We ended up winning the tournament by quite a large margin, it was really fun.

Happy New Years everyone.
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Bulk Shoulders, another flat workout for me. I spent the day laying in the snow in 5 degree weather hunting. I just wasn't feeling it today. End of this week is half way for me, I think I'm ready for some new routines mentally at least.

Water, about 10 cups. Not to bad.

Nutrition was going good until the Mrs made homemade apple crisp ala mode. I might be a couple hundred calories over now.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    jar41: What are you hunting and where? Apple crisp sounds wonderful, was it warm? That is the best with ice cream. Even though you are a bit bored, you continue to push play and get your workouts in, nice job

Shawn where did you go? AWOL on hear for a few days.

Body Beast Day 38/90 Bulk Shoulders

Water A, Drinking all day long, no issues here

Workout A. Played 18 holes of golf and did Bulk Shoulders. I really like this one especially when Segi yells at Scottie for slacking on his form, LOL. I get a good burn on this one. Weights went up on some and stayed the same on some. Tomorrow is a rest day for me, will work on my golf game and go to two appointments. Still off work until Monday (yea me!)

Nutrition A- macros close at 26/51/23 (goals are 25/50/25) A little low on fat, I can live with that!
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Yes it was hot apple crisp from the oven; at least it was a reasonable portion. I was Coyote hunting with a friend, my first time. I spotted the only coyote on the drive home somewhere we didn't have permission.

Jfearn you're motivating the beatle juice out of me, I had a week and a half lead on you now you're just a day behind me. That being said I saw my best gains having a couple extra days off, this weekend is my 2 week measure and I'm not seeing it in the mirror or during the routine. I may have to let up a bit, to see if my body responds.

Today was Bulk Chest, it was the best workout I've had for several days. I was a wreck after the last set of decline pushups.

Nutrition was just off a couple percent, low on fat and high on protein....I'll take that!

Water was mediocre, around 8 cups.
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    Yes it was hot apple crisp from the oven; at least it was a reasonable portion. I was Coyote hunting with a friend, my first time. I spotted the only coyote on the drive home somewhere we didn't have permission.

Jfearn you're motivating the beatle juice out of me, I had a week and a half lead on you now you're just a day behind me. That being said I saw my best gains having a couple extra days off, this weekend is my 2 week measure and I'm not seeing it in the mirror or during the routine. I may have to let up a bit, to see if my body responds.

Today was Bulk Chest, it was the best workout I've had for several days. I was a wreck after the last set of decline pushups.

Nutrition was just off a couple percent, low on fat and high on protein....I'll take that!

Water was mediocre, around 8 cups.
    Just have to get consistent and persistent! Jeff is also taking all the Body Beast supplements which truly helps!
    I did Bulk Arms today- nice pumped arms! ;)
    Eating is good today A
    Water intake Good with A
    Workout intensity was good but harder to sweat with cold weather. Get spoiled in CA! lol A-
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Checking in, I moved my workouts around to have yesterday off for HS wrestling.

Nutrition, good.
    Water, okay.

I think my lack of gain the last two weeks is based on calories. I lowered them 300 after obsessing about my waist, along with the extra 10 pounds never used to determine my daily need. I cut about 1/2 inch off my waist the last 2 weeks, but the cost appears to be no gain anywhere else. I knew that was a risk, I just needed to find out for myself that I can't have it both ways. I've done nothing more than lose confidence that I can cut the fat later and defeated the purpose of the program.

I'm bumping my calories up to 2800; I did really well at that count and I know I can cut a couple inches off my waist after the program.