Daily check in log

Options

Replies

• ShawnDMuth
    ShawnDMuth Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Get healthy fast Jeff!
    I did Build Back and Biceps today. My biceps just blow up with intense blood flow and border line deep pain. Pushed to the max, no doubt. It is all about form and pump vs total weight.
    My eating has been really good and I was able to up my carbs, sound crazy. A
    Water intake A
    Workout intensity A
  • jar41yo6m
    jar41yo6m Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Checking in, after being away at a conference and sitting in a hospital getting my son's meniscus fixed up. I've sort of given up the computer at home, part of getting healthy was to stop wasting time on FaceBook. Once I get on this thing I lose hours on FB, Craigslist and researching guns.

Jfearn, get well my friend.

Shawn, well done on the Back and Bis. That was my routine last night also, last time my Bis hurt this time I'm feeling it in my back.

Nutrition, not so well due to being hostage at the convention and hospital.

Workouts, I hit them hard; unfortunately I'm only got 50% of them in this last week. The first 3 weeks of Beast is going to take me 4 weeks to complete.

Water, I had a bad day or two but yesterday was good.
  • Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hospital food is the worst, tastes so bland. Sorry to hear you have a lot going on and it is impacting your workouts. Stick with it and keep checking in here, we'll keep you motivated!

Shawn: what weight on you doing with those Monster biceps of yours? Do they even make dumbbells large enough to give you a workout? What macros are you shooting for this time around?

**************************************************************************************************************************************
    Huge Beast Day 11&12 of 90

Well, finally feeling better after 2.5 days of dizziness, cramping and body aches. Luckily yesterday was a scheduled rest day so I was able to do a double workout today and get back on track.

Water A so far, still early here so much more water to be consumed.

Nutrition A so far, going to take the wife out for Sushi and may have a beer. Macros will be a little off today. I'll figure them out later.

Workout A+ I did Build Chest and Tris and Build shoulders with Beast abs. Back on schedule after my double today. Weight went up on most exercises and form was good. Glad to be back working out and feeling much better.
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    Hospital food is the worst, tastes so bland. Sorry to hear you have a lot going on and it is impacting your workouts. Stick with it and keep checking in here, we'll keep you motivated!

Shawn: what weight on you doing with those Monster biceps of yours? Do they even make dumbbells large enough to give you a workout? What macros are you shooting for this time around?

**************************************************************************************************************************************
    Huge Beast Day 11&12 of 90

Well, finally feeling better after 2.5 days of dizziness, cramping and body aches. Luckily yesterday was a scheduled rest day so I was able to do a double workout today and get back on track.

Water A so far, still early here so much more water to be consumed.

Nutrition A so far, going to take the wife out for Sushi and may have a beer. Macros will be a little off today. I'll figure them out later.

Workout A+ I did Build Chest and Tris and Build shoulders with Beast abs. Back on schedule after my double today. Weight went up on most exercises and form was good. Glad to be back working out and feeling much better.
    Nice to see you back into normal attack and action mode!

Workout A- my day off! LOL
    Food is A - endless eating!
    Water already down a gallon so A there as well
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Body Beast Huge Beast Day 13/90

Early check in. Going out of town today for a stay-cation with my wife

Water, Good so far. Will give myself a B, won't drink too much more today.

Nutrition, too early to tell, but it won't be great. Skipped lunch (on the golf course) got home and had to do my workout shower and get on the road.

Workout A. Played 18 holes of golf (82) and did Build legs. Weights went up and brought it hard today. Sweating like a pig!
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    Jeff, pack a shake or bar in that golf bag instead of beer!

End of week 2 of Body Beast-
    I did BUILD shoulder tonight. A for effort
    I also ate really good today A
    Water intake is over 128 oz A

We all have our ups and downs all when we can do is learn how to get back up faster. I think this is what people loved about the Rocky movies. He took a beating but never gave up.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    @Shawn: Not going to over-do it with the beer, but that is my time with my buddies and going to have a couple on the weekends. None through the week though. I do pack a protein bar and a banana to snack on while I am out there.

Huge Beast Day 14/90 Build Back and Biceps

Nutrition too early to tell. My boss called and they need me to come in to work and work from 5:30 PM to 5:30 am so going to be a Looong night for me. No sleep tonight. Will definitely affect my macros. Going to pack a very healthy lunchbox so I should be good.

Water B so far, need to drink more

Workout A. Weights went up on about half the exercises. Concentrating on form and working on the negative as well. Will keep the same weight for next time.

NSV: as I was combing my hair in the mirror this morning, I finally saw the other two abdominals I have been searching for. I finally have that 6 pack I have been working so hard for!
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Jfearn, I'm jealous my abs come and go depending on the lighting. LOL, nice work man.

Finished the Build Phase today, I put four weeks into a three week routine. I'm getting results and will try to get my numbers together. I'm very impressed thus far.

Nutrition, I dropped 300 calories a day and changed it to 30 protein / 50 Carbs / 20 Fat. I did well today with my new goals.

Exercise, I loved Total Body and following it with Beast Abs was brutal in a good way.

Water, 15 cups today has to be a record for me.
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    End of second week of hybrid of Body Beast-

I went for a jog and did ARX today. Extended jog a little further this time.
    Eating so far is A
    Water is always A
    Workout effort was good A

I am doing more cardio and yoga this time around to create more balance. I did enjoy the original 90 day program but just wanted to make some adjustments.
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    I thought it might be interesting to share my results at the end of the Build Phase.

My results at the end of Huge Beast Build (4 weeks for me):

Bis Calf Neck Chest Shoulders Waist Thigh
    Goal 15-16 12-15 15-18 41-55 48-56 30-32 22-28
    Start 13 14.25 14.5 40 46 31.25 20
    Now 13.5 14.25 15 42.75 47.75 32 21
    Gain 0.5" 0" 0.5" 2.75" 1.75" -0.75" 1"

I'm most happy with my neck and shoulders, I just looked sickly after losing the weight, my head/neck/shoulders are looking more proportional now.

Tracking lean body mass is more voodoo than science using waist and neck measurement calculations. I've gained 6 lbs, 4 lbs of which appears to be lean mass. I have no experience in weight training or body building. When gaining weight is 0.5 lbs of fat per pound of lean mass normal/acceptable? I think I can do better. I've adjusted my calories down 300, and am trying to target 30/50/20 for my macros.

**I can't seem to edit the table so it isn't a train wreck, sorry.

Bis Calf Neck Chest Shoulders Waist Thigh
    Goal 15-16 12-15 15-18 41-55 48-56 30-32 22-28
    Start 13 14.25 14.5 40 46 31.25 20
    Now 13.5 14.25 15 42.75 47.75 32 21
    Gain 0.5" 0 0.5" 2.75" 1.75" .75" 1"
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Jar41yo6m: Nice improvement with the numbers, hope to have some good improvement as well when I finish my first month. I can visually see the differences in my muscles, we will see what the numbers reflect.

Huge Beast Day 15/90. Start of 3rd week

Working midshift, so got home at 6:00 am and went to sleep. Got up at 2:00 PM and was working out by 2:30

Water should be good. I am at work now and will be drinking water all night.

Nutrition A. macros are 24/50/26 on a goal of 25/50/25. within 26 calories of goal, Pretty happy with that while transitioning to nightshift.

Workout B+, Weights were basically the same, concentrating on form and the negative. Tomorrow will be a challenge as I am rotating back to dayshift. Go home and sleep, up at 1:00 PM, back to work for 3 hour meeting then back home, try to go to sleep to get back into dayshift mode (up at 4:00 am) I am getting too old for this ****. Luckily tomorrow is a scheduled rest day.
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    If you gained 4 lbs of lean muscle and only 2 pounds of fat, you are doing well. You should store some fat, this guarantees your body is getting enough calories to produce muscle.

Jeff you are such a devoted and hard worker, so impressive.

I did build Chest and Tris today. I felt so good to hit the iron today. I was really strong on my intro set of DB flat bench. That is what I think is the bench mark for strength. I do these workouts at the gym because I don't have the heavy weights at home. I use the 120 lbs DBs so a gym comes in handy. I joints feel good with doing yoga yesterday.

Workout A
    Eating is on track A
    Water is always on track- all I drink A
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Body Beast day 16/90 Rest Day

Felt kind of bored today with no workout. Guess you have to let the body recover though.

Water B, didn't drink as much as normal

Nutrition C Macro goal is 25/50/25 P/C/F; 24/46/30 and 47 calories under. Worked midshift last night then slept thru part of the day, then back awake to shift my body into days so I can sleep tonight and go in for dayshift tomorrow. Didn't pay attention to my macros today and didn't pre-plan because of the rotating shift. I am off now to pre plan tomorrows food to get back on track. Good luck everyone.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Huge Beast Day 17/90

Water A, 9 eight ounce glasses and still drinking.

Nutrition A-. 26/49/25 6 calories over goal

Workout: Build Chest and Tris. Weights stayed the same, but I am pushing myself with these weights. Working on form and the negative. Nice to be back working out after a rest day yesterday.

On a side note, I have put on 3 pounds in just over 3 weeks, eating pretty clean and keeping macros close except for when I was sick. 10 lbs of lean muscle mass in 90 days??? Maybe I can beat that.
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    120 DB press? Thats a lot of iron, nice.

Glad to see someone else's scale moving too Jfearn, you'll gain 10 for sure. Everytime I think I'm too busy for this it helps to read that your schedule sucks more than mine. LOL

Its been a few days, but all is well. Just getting to a computer in the evening isn't in my routine and when it was I was overweight.

So I've finished the first 3 days of Bulk Chest, Legs and Back. I've been pretty run down and not so eager to push play at 9 pm, but I'm always glad I do.

Bulk Legs is a much better workout than Build, at least for my knees.

Nutrition has been good, not that I reached my new goals but I'm somewhere between where I want to be and where Sagi wants me so I'm calling it a compromise.

Water has been good, I'm cheating with some crystal light though....Whatever it takes! LOL
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Glad to see you are still checking in. It does help to know that other people are in this with me. Glad my crappy schedule can inspire you, LOL. I have another week then I will be into the Bulk DVDs. I like the program so far. Interested to see where it takes me.
    120 DB press? Thats a lot of iron, nice.

Glad to see someone else's scale moving too Jfearn, you'll gain 10 for sure. Everytime I think I'm too busy for this it helps to read that your schedule sucks more than mine. LOL

Its been a few days, but all is well. Just getting to a computer in the evening isn't in my routine and when it was I was overweight.

So I've finished the first 3 days of Bulk Chest, Legs and Back. I've been pretty run down and not so eager to push play at 9 pm, but I'm always glad I do.

Bulk Legs is a much better workout than Build, at least for my knees.

Nutrition has been good, not that I reached my new goals but I'm somewhere between where I want to be and where Sagi wants me so I'm calling it a compromise.

Water has been good, I'm cheating with some crystal light though....Whatever it takes! LOL
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Body Beast Huge Beast Day 18/90

Nutrition A+ 25/50/25 right on calorie goal. Weighed today and have put on 3 pounds in 3 weeks! (that is a good thing for me) That is good since my body fat as measured by calipers is the same

Water A, drinking plenty

Workout Build Legs. The hardest workout of the group I think. SO did not want to do this today, was very tired and had other things I needed/wanted to do. Sat and thought about why I want to do this and why I want to get fit. Finally just went in there and got started. Once I got going I was fine. Had a good workout and worked the legs really hard.
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    Two day post for me. I did a great job with Back and Bicep yesterday but life certainly kicked my butt later.
    Workout A
    Eating C- OUCH! I met with a friend to talk about life and challenges. I had pasta and 2 beers. No one is perfect guys.
    Water was B- I ran low that day.

Today I did Leg training. I am surprised actually I was able to "suck it up" and get it done after moving and cleaning all day. I move this weekend thus why I have not been as active as normal. I just know come Jan this group will be pumping because you know what the new year does to people! lol
    Workout A
    Eating A
    Water A
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Everytime I come to this topic I see Jfearn's well prepared workout nook, I gotta know how big is it now?

Bulk Arms and Beast Abs yesterday for me. It was a good workout, although interupted frequently by the Mrs. "Sorry honey can't talk till I finish this drop set"...was not well recieved, let me tell ya. Sadly it was easier to put Sagi on pause.

Nutrition, good still. I seem to be finding the right foods.

Water, a little behind again.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    It was a good workout, although interupted frequently by the Mrs. "Sorry honey can't talk till I finish this drop set"...was not well recieved, let me tell ya. Sadly it was easier to put Sagi on pause.

Ya, how did that work out for you? Luckily my wife works out as well and understands that I don't want to stop and chat while I am pushing the weights. Does your wife work out?