Daily check in log

Options

Replies

• Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Huge Beast Day 19/90

Water B, didn't drink enough today, probably just 8 glasses

Workout A: Build Back and Biceps: Didn't feel like working out again, but once I got going I was fine and had a really great workout.

Nutrition C. Had to take a quick shower and drive to the hospital right after my workout to visit wife's mom (she's doing better) and one of my best friends who had his second heart attack today. Looks like he is going to need quadruple bypass surgery :frown: So once I got done with all that had to grab a subway sub on the way to take care of mother in law's pets for the evening. Macros not even close. Will do better tomorrow.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Huge Beast, Day 20/90

Water B, 7 glasses so far, will be drinking more. Should get to an A by end of evening

Nutrition, A. Hit macros spot on 25/50/25 and calories right near target. Nice to see I have put on 3 pounds in the three weeks I have been doing body beast. Exactly what I am looking for.

Workout A. Played 18 holes of golf. Started off poorly. Bogey,Double-Bogey, Bogey, Bogey. Then got hot and had 5 birdies the rest of the way to shoot 75:happy: Came home and did Build Shoulders. Really pushed it hard and had good form and working on the negatives as well. I can really see the difference in my physique. Shoulders getting bigger, lats starting to grow, chest is more developed. Overall very happy with my progress in just three weeks. Can't wait to see what my body transforms into after 90 days. Keep bringing it people!
  • ShawnDMuth
    ShawnDMuth Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I got in my workout today of Shoulders and traps. I certainly had to dig deeper than usual due to latest life challenges but I know working out builds momentum. What I found interesting during this "life change" time of mine is that when I had two days off from working out my mental state is not as strong. I noticed myself thinking about wanting to splurge and eat bad things. I rarely think that way because I work too hard to have those kind of setbacks.

Working out and eating good is HUGE for your mental state. It is about taking care of yourself and feeling self respect for your health and body. AKA ...the temple!

I am so grateful for you guys reaching out and offering support to me. I am WAY to stubborn to give in! ;)
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Keep pushing through it Shawn, nice to get your workout in. Sometimes it is a struggle, but I always feel better when I get it done, I am sure you do too

*****************************************************************************************************************

Huge Beast Day 21/90

Nutrition: B; Ate well for breakfast and lunch. Sheri came home from tennis tournament then wanted to go out for dinner and a movie. Ate fish and a salad. Didn't eat all my calories (500 short) macros were 26/51/23 (p/c/f). Slipping lately, need to get back on track with my nutrition

Water A, it is all I drink

Workout: Beast cardio and abs; B. Was really struggling with workout. Felt like I was going to throw up. Hit pause a few times and took some tums. Made it through but it was suprisingly a struggle. Thought I was more fit than that. Today starts Phase 2 of Body Beast already,this is the Bulk Phase. Excited about starting some of the other DVDs that I haven't tried yet.
  • jar41yo6m
    jar41yo6m Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've been off the wagon so to speak with a 2 day, all day, Western Iowa Conference wrestling conference. No workout's, poor water and nutrition. I'm not sure how to get through a day where I can't bring in food and I'm stuck there all day. It never fails to amaze me that of all sports they don't provide healthy food at wrestling tournaments. Several hundred wrestlers trying to maintain 7% body fat on nachos and pop? Really?

I noticed I now have viens starting to appear on my pecks and biceps. Just faint blue lines, but I've never seen them before.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Hang in there jar41y06m; the holidays are a busy time for us all. Try and pack some protein bars and bottled water. Maybe some beef jerkey, peanuts, cashews as healthy alternatives.
    ******************************************************************************************************************************

Huge Beast Day 22/90 Start of Bulk phase

Another rough day at work for me. Ended up staying over 4 hours which makes eating and working out difficult to plan

Water A

Nutrition B+ Ate everything I took to work, but wasn't planning on staying that long. By the time I got home and did my workout it was dinnertime. Then I was scrambling to get all my food down before bed. Too much at end of the day. Macros were close at 26/51/23 but 156 calories too low. Need to eat enough and more steadily if I am going to bulk. Having much more trouble hitting my goals on this program than P90X. Seems like life is throwing me a bunch of curve balls lately.

Workout B. Bulk Chest. First time on the new disc. Trying to figure out appropriate weights to use on the exercises. Will know how to push myself the next time through.
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Work out, Bulk Shoulders. I wasn't in the mood; and merely got it done without much enthusiasm. Least I'm back on track.

Nutrition, way too much fat.

Water 6 cups, poor also.

I'll get back on track, maybe an early night and taking off early to get my workout in will help.

I missed the question earlier about my wife working out, she started with me and has had some health issues. I'd like to get her going again now that she is doing better. Maybe I will get the treadmill moved near my workout area. She lost 12 pounds and kept it off. I would sure like to get her down to 130. What DVD's do the gals like? I was thinking of trying to get her to do Zumba. I can't get her to understand the power of nutrition though.
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    Many battles going on for many people BUT we keep checking in and doing what we can. The difference by using this group is that maybe without it, some people would have dropped off or quit all together. Let face it, this is the time of year that is BY FAR the most challenging to eat clean and exercise due holidays, family, parties and traveling.
    Most people will just take the month off and say wait for next year....NOT THESE DEVOTED PEOPLE!!!

I did cardio, yoga stretching and abs today. Workout level was fair at A-
    Eating was pretty good A-
    Water intake was good A

We will create MOMENTUM heading into the new year!
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Huge Beast Day 23/90

Water A, 10 glasses and counting

Nutrition A: 25/51/24 (p/c/f) which is very close to goal of 25/50/25. Very close to total calories as well.

Workout A- First time through on these DVDs so I am guessing at the weights to start with. Will be able to push a little harder the next time through now that I know which weights to use. Form was good though.
    I did Bulk Legs. This is a tough workout that really burns. Really worked my calves hard with 50 weighted calf raises (35 lbs). That was a struggle. Going to hurt tomorrow and the day after I am sure.

Worked another 4 hours overtime again today, but planned my food better than yesterday. I have a fridge at work so I figured I would pack more food in case I had to stay over,which I did, and I was PREPARED for it today. Macros much better.
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Nice work Jfearn, nutrition and stick-to-it-ness with that wacky schedule.

Your right Shawn, yesterday's workout was just so I could report that I was back on track. Posting here helps and I doubt anytime of the year could be tougher.

Workout: Bulk Shoulders, I crushed it and actually finished the declined push-ups. I think I need to bump up the weights next time.

Water: working on my 12th cup for today. very good for me.

Nutrition: I'm not happy MFP beat me up over the fat in my nut mix. So I feel good about today nevertheless.
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    I did Legs today. Legs are always tough work and it is the difference between what makes a person in ok shape vs really good shape.
    Eating is on track for an A-
    Water is good A-
    Workout was good but not all out. I need warm up better A-

It is impressive to see people still working out during this time of the year. BRAVO to all of you who are still bringing it during the holiday season. You earn an extra star of determination!
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Bulk Legs

I did well and was able to choose a little higher weights the second time through this routine. I'm still really happy the Bulgarian Split Squats are behind me in the Build Phase; but I have to say Sagi's pace is painful on this routine. I wanted to double up with Legs and Back, but I was pretty well wrecked after Legs.

Nutrition went well I was only 2% off.

Water wasn't high, but I managed 8 cups.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    ar41yo6m: those Bulgarian squats are KILLER, Don't miss them at all!

Shawn: Nice job on the leg workout, it ain't easy.

Huge Beast Day 24 and 25 check-in

Checking in for yesterday and today

Day 24 Bulk Back: Had a good workout I'd give myself an A-
    Nutrition was good until about 8:00 then I decided the beer in the fridge sounded like a good idea. I had three:drinker: So ended up over on carbs and about 150 over on calories. Water was good at about 10 glasses.

Day 25 Bulk Arms and Beast Abs. Didn't get to my workout until late because of Christmas shopping and doctor's appointments. I really like this workout though. Got a good pump. Lifted hard and really felt like I got a good workout. I would grade it an A tonight

Nutrition A- Had lunch out shopping. Had a grilled chicken sandwich. It came with chips and onion rings. Had three chips and one onion ring. Didn't eat all the bread either. Took protein bars and bananas out in a cooler with me so I had good snacks and wouldn't be tempted. Ended up the day at 25/50/25 Right on my macros. So going to give myself an A+ for planning ahead and making good choices while out and about.

Water B, didn't drink enough today due to travelling. Playing catch-up tonight.

Sorry I haven't been on here much lately, it is a crazy busy time here with the holidays and all. At least I am getting my workouts in.
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Nice job planning ahead Jfearn.

Bulk Back for me, I had a good workout. I got the most pull-ups so far with bands of course.

Nutrition was alright, I'm still having problems finding lean protein. I want eating to be more simple than it is turning out to be.

Water, 6 cups. Meh...
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    Great to see you guys staying focused during this time!

Build Back and Biceps- I finally felt pretty good today. Almost back to normal, all these changes took a little something away from my intensity working out and for me, that is the fun! I just love the pump and sweat- release whatever is going on in life! Wake up the body and FEEL good!
    Eating is on track A
    Workout energy A
    Water intake A
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Body Beast Day 26/90

Nutrition A 25/50/25 right on goal for calories
    Water A
    Workout A. Bulk Arms. It was a good workout. Really felt like I got a good pump. Tomorrow is supposed to be rest day, but I have a busy day Sunday so I think I will pull workout from Sunday forward and do it tomorrow.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Huge Beast Day 27/90

Water A: been drinking it all day. It is the only thing I have (besides black coffee)

Nutrition, B. Had relatives over to celebrate Christmas. Had a sensible lunch but I am sure macros won't be where they need to be at the end of the day.

Workout A: Was supposed to be a rest day, but I have a full Sunday planned with golf and friends. Pulled tomorrow's workout up a day. Bulk Chest. First time through on this one. Did pretty well. Started out too heavy on the chest press/fly combo and had to start over with lighter weights. Overall feeling pretty good. I did hurt my right ankle two days ago on the calf raises. Went too heavy for 50 reps. I am paying for it now. Feels like I strained a tendon. Going to ice it tonight and take it lighter the next time around. Hopefully it won't bother me for golf tomorrow, it is my right one (the one I push off of).

Enjoy the holidays people!
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    I missed today's workout. My plan is to do 4 days a week of Body Beast and 1 day of cardio with one day of yoga. I got in the 4 days of weight training but missed the other 2. This is a bad week for me but then I thought about it...how many people would say 4 times a week is a bad week? Most would say that is a great week for exercise! LOL Funny how we all have different standards and expectations.
    Water intake was A
    Exercise was F
    Food intake was B

This is a tough time of the year for many of us BUT the passion and new goal setting of a new year is coming up fast!
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Happy Holidays, Shawn said it best...besides ourselves who would say 4 days a week of exercise it poor? LOL

I'm not going to get mine today or tomorrow, but it is okay. I've been exercising 4 days or more a week since April. My 41st year has been my healthiest ever.

I did want to share results, I hope people find them interesting. I'm not very big so the measurements themselves aren't awesome, the change is what is what lights my fire. I've met my goals on 1/2 my measurements and I'm only half done with the program. I hope to meet all my goals and absolutely crush the half I already met.

Neck: Start 14.5", Now 15.25", On Goal
    Arms: Start 13", Now 14.5"
    Chest: Start 40", Now 43.5", On Goal
    Shoulders: Start 46", Now 48.5", On Goal
    Waist: Start 31", Now 32.5" :( But my abs seem more defined?
    Thigh: Start 20", Now 21.5"
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Body Beast Day 29/90
    jar41yo6m: Nice progress on your measurements. I take mine tomorrow after Day 30. Hope to see some improvement as well. I am sure I will since I can visually see a difference in the way I look.

Shawn: No worries, do your best and forget the rest!

********************************************************************************************************************************************

Early check in, going to be a busy night with Christmas guests

Workout A. Bulk legs. This one is always tough. Increased weights on all but one (calf raises) I went too heavy on those the first time through and injured my right ankle. It is almost healed so I had to take it easy on those. Overall, a good workout. Tomorrow is day 30 for me and I will take measurements to check my progress. I am up 6 pounds since I started so I am sure the muscles have grown some.

Water A

Nutrition B- eating healthy but macros are off, too many carbs so far today. Had typical Christmas dinner fare. 518 calories left today. Will try to get macros more in line, but will most likely be off when I am done.

Merry Christmas everyone!