Daily check in log

Options

Replies

• jar41yo6m
    jar41yo6m Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    B on water and Nutrition

Fail on workout. Too many distractions, really sore from yesterdays workout and some respiratory crap. I've got all the excuses today. I'll turn in early and have a better day tomorrow.

I had this idea that at the top of my overhead presses to add a shrug with a squeeze to engage some new muscles....I never realized i had so many new muscles. Ribs, lats, shoulders...just about everything above my naval hurts, lol. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Good day for water and nutrition.

Beast Total Body and Abs, I had a good work out. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill. I'm thinking Insanity is pulling my intensity down down, I'm going to ease up just a bit so I don't jeopardize my Beast workouts.
  • Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Huge Beast Day 65/90

Nutrition A 41/30/29 Calories are 45 under goal

Water A, never an issue

Workout was good (A). Build Biceps and Back. This is a good workout. Had been while. The build series are much longer than the bulk series were. Unfortunately I had a doctors appt after work and got home late. After dinner and letting food settle + one hour workout, makes for a late night. 9:30 and still have to plan tomorrow's meal and take a shower before bed.
  • ShawnDMuth
    ShawnDMuth Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted...I did Bulk Shoulders Monday and Bulk Back today. I felt really good. Did you guys see NEW infomercial for Body Beast? It is just starting to air! It is REALLY well done! I posted on my Facebook page.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Huge Beast Day 66/90

Water A

Nutrition A. Macros 39/32/29 on a 40/30/30 goal, 47 calories under goal. Don't like these nutrition goals at all. I am limited to 2200 calories and my supplements alone are nearly 500 calories. Workouts are at night and supplements have to be taken after the workout so I am hungry all day.

Workout A Bulk legs. This is a tough one, but I gutted it out with good form.
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Shawn, no I haven't seen the infomercials yet. I'll creep the Beast page on FB.

Jeff, nice work given your crazy schedule. I doubt you have time to add some cardio to buy some calories back, but that is an option I give myself.

Bulk Chest for me, I sure like this DVD as nothing snaps, crackles or pops during this routine. Back to back with Insanity Pure Cardio, less plyo in that routine. My wife wasn't sharing the treadmill....which is a good thing. I'm glad she is back at it.

Water, 16 cups

Nutrition, I was within a couple percent and under my goal before exercise. No earning extra calories today.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Beast Day 67/90

Water A
    Nutrition A 40/32/28 in a goal of 40/30/30 Calories 2157/2200 or within 22%

Workout B- Did Beast Cardio and Ab ripper X. This was really tough for me. This is my first cardio workout on the new macros. Not enough carbs for energy. Did not have a complex carb today and my workout suffered for it. Really didn't have the energy to bring it like I wanted. Had to rest a few times and could not complete all the reps on a couple of the cardio routines. Ab Ripper X I finished everything but it was tough as well. Next time I have a cardio day I will plan ahead with a complex carb.
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    You got me wondering about my carbs Jeff, I've been thinking I've just been sick or overdoing my cardio. But I've got some stamina missing also.

Build Legs for me, my weights went up on the first half of the workout. They didn't change much for the acrobatic parts. Followed up with 60 minutes on the treadmill.

Water was good 16 cups.

Nutrition was off 2%.

Just 3 weeks left, and 6 more pounds to cut. I'm running a 500 calorie deficit in food and trying to burn 500 calories. I'll bump up my calories if I'm cutting too fast.
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    I know when I did Beast before I was really hurting at the end and also felt my calories were too low. Maybe boost them up 100 or 200. I actually came in flatter than I would have liked with my pictures.
    I crushed Bulk Chest out today- just really nailed it and sweat hard, felt good.
    Food is excellent today, water is great! Strong day!
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Bulk Shoulders, 60 mins treadmill. I'm happy with my workout today.

Water, 12 cups and counting

Nutrition, I'm on and saving 900 calories to go out to dinner tonight. I'll probably miss my macros, but keep under my calories. Oh well, when mama isn't happy.....nobody is happy.
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    I knocked out some extra cardio today and ARX for my rest day. LOL
    Eating was really good today. Water was on.
    I always get in complex carbs with my first meal, I have learned the hard way as well.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Check in for last night.

Huge Beast Day 68/90

Water A

Workout Scheduled rest day, so as DuginLA said A+

Nutrition A 41/31/28 2134/2200 calories.

Been working like crazy like a lot of folks on here. Up early today and in to work on may day off
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Huge Beast Day 69 & 70 of 90

Late night last night so no check in. Checking in early today, Superbowl party starts in 2 hours.

Day 69
    Workout A Bulk arms, Really like this one. Feel like my arms are two balloons when I get done

Water A drank all day long

Nutrition B- Ate good all day, then went out to dinner at Benihanna's. Didn't track that. Getting in the last cheat day(s) before the 6 week challenge.

Day 70
    Water B so far and probably (ok definitely) won't catch up as we are going to Superbowl party where I believe my favorite beer is on tap:drinker:

Nutrition F. Superbowl party food wings, burgers and finger foods. Not going to feel guilty about it either. Back on track tomorrow.

Workout A+ Played 18 holes of golf and came home and did Build Shoulders. Raised the weights on all exercises and really felt a good pump. I love working shoulders. I can see a large difference in my shoulders since I started body beast. Makes me feel good :happy:
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Bulk Arms, okay still a little week from the calorie change. If I have to choose between strenght and shedding the fat; I got to shed the fat. 60 mins of treadmill also

Water, okay 12 cups.

Nutrition was a little over on calories and the macros have been blown by the Super Bowl.

Edit: Two week measurements were due today. Not much change, 1/2" off my waist and lost 1/4" around my shoulders.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Body Beast Day 71/84 (Just figured out that Body Beast is a 84 day program not 90 LOL!!)

Water A+ 112 ounces. 85 ounces is my goal

Nutrition A- Made my macros and calories......barely. Didn't pre plan my day due to late night last night (Superbowl party) so had to mess around after dinner to find right combination to be able to get within 2% of macros and 5% calorie goal. Ended up having to eat one ounce of chicken and 4 ounces of cheese! macros 41/31/28 on goal of 40/30/30, Calories 2514 on goal of 2400. Must do better tomorrow. Need to start planning right after this.

Workout A Bulk Chest. Really worked hard and kept good form.
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Well done Jeff, your bad days are still good days to me.

Beast cardio and abs for me. It felt good.

Water was behind.

Nutrition was good by all accounts.
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    Knocked out LEGS today! Those are always a BEAST.
    Food has been really good today!
    I even did fairly good on Superbowl day with no booze.
    Water is great today.
    Training with my friend is tough because he changes the workout times ALL THE TIME but he also pays me to train him so it could be worse! So I get paid to workout, pretty cool huh?
  • ShawnDMuth
    Options
    Did BULK Chest today. Got to love that sweet pump. Eating and water is on track and clean today. I am doing Bulk rest of this month then I will go back to Build for last 30 days. 120 day plan and then I will do again.
  • Jfearn64
    Options
    Shawn nice workout. 120 day plan? How did you modify the program? Might be looking to do something like that on next round.

Huge Beast Day 72/84

Water A+ 120 ounces

Nutrition A 41/31/28 on a goal of 40/30/30 calories at 2372/2400

Workout A+ Build legs. This is the hardest workout of the series for me. This is the first time I have done it since phase 1 (55 days ago). I raised the weights on all exercises. The Bulgarian squats which KILLED me the last time I did it, I had no issues, so definitely getting stronger.
  • jar41yo6m
    Options
    Nice work guys!

Rest day for me...but I elected to do the Beast Lucky 7 workout for something new. It was only 22 minutes long but a nice change. I also did Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance; my favorite Insanity workout.

Water is going well, 16 cups.

Nutrition is going well, my calories are on but I've been low on the fat lately. Odd for me.