Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 5.3'ish beers
    Tuesday, bottle and flight of 3, 6'ish
    Wednesday, 0
    Thursday, 2-24 oz beers = 4
    Friday, 7 vodka/sodas (I think it was really 6 but I'm not sure)
    Saturday, 0.75 winter lager

Total: 22.3

Felt guilt over the total for this week and decided not finish the two I logged last night. However, today might be a couple. The snow has got to be 8 inches by now and it's not letting up.

Kat, could be worse...he could be going to Afghanistan, England sounds like of posh...I was an Army wife for many years so I have a much different view. Just count down the days.

Dot, glad the teachers were able to let loose. When you zigzag do you change it everyday? I was going to do that but it seems like a lot of work. Are you getting the results you want?
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    So my two weeks of abstaining is an epic failure. Oh well...life goes on!

Got my tree from Costco last night. I wanted a skinny tree because it has to be elevated (dog) and fit into a tight corner. It looked skinny when we got it all tied up but when we released it...POOF! Much wider than anticipated. I will make it work. Wine helps! I will decorate for a bit and drink wine for a bit. Makes the whole process easier. Can't believe the weekend is almost over! Enjoy what is left!

Cheers!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Monday, 5.3'ish beers
    Tuesday, bottle and flight of 3, 6'ish
    Wednesday, 0
    Thursday, 2-24 oz beers = 4
    Friday, 7 vodka/sodas (I think it was really 6 but I'm not sure)
    Saturday, 0.75 winter lager

Total: 22.3

Felt guilt over the total for this week and decided not finish the two I logged last night. However, today might be a couple. The snow has got to be 8 inches by now and it's not letting up.

Kat, could be worse...he could be going to Afghanistan, England sounds like of posh...I was an Army wife for many years so I have a much different view. Just count down the days.

Dot, glad the teachers were able to let loose. When you zigzag do you change it everyday? I was going to do that but it seems like a lot of work. Are you getting the results you want?

My cousin who's more of a brother only just got out of the military recently. He did multiple stints over seas and it killed me knowing he was over there in danger. It's not the being over there that freaks me out, it's just when my husband is in the air. I'm terrified of flying and have the worst time with it and it's getting worse. I have the worst dreams about planes so when he has to fly I just freak out until I know he's landed and safe.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    So my two weeks of abstaining is an epic failure. Oh well...life goes on!

Got my tree from Costco last night. I wanted a skinny tree because it has to be elevated (dog) and fit into a tight corner. It looked skinny when we got it all tied up but when we released it...POOF! Much wider than anticipated. I will make it work. Wine helps! I will decorate for a bit and drink wine for a bit. Makes the whole process easier. Can't believe the weekend is almost over! Enjoy what is left!

Cheers!

LOL we are getting ours tomorrow and I just *know* the kitten is going to go ape *kitten* with it. Fun times.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I redeemed myself Friday from Thursday and had a 0. Not sure when I did that on a weekend last was..... Saturday we put our tree up and my husband poured himself a glass of red around 10:30 am so naturally I did as well. We kind of just drank all day - had a couple drinks at lunch, then finished that bottle of red and opened a second during a movie and then had 2 at dinner. Considering I drank for nearly 12 hours, I think I did well. I had about 7-8 drinks all day. I actually was able to take little breaks, have some water and just maintain a nice mellow buzz. Last night I had about 3 small glasses of red at the family party. So I think a success for me over the weekend! Tonight is 0 because i have parties Tuesday - Friday.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Friday we had a couple manhattans and relaxed on the couch.
    Saturday-a couple beers, some martinis while making pierogis. Wolf-they got made. I make no promises how they will taste or if they stay together but *kitten* it got done! A friend we haven't seen for a while called so we went out for a few drinks that night.
    Sunday-I naturally felt like *kitten*. So I napped then meet my parents for dinner.
    Kat-my Lenny is away for work too. He gets home friday,. Its going to be a long week. I am all stocked up on wine and vodka too :laugh:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I need to get myself under control, the drinking has gotten majorly out of hand.

Here is last week:

Monday-0
    Tuesday-wine
    Wednesday-beer
    Thursday-wine
    Friday-wine
    Saturday- beer, gin and diet tonic, wine
    Sunday-bloody marys, wine, beer, baileys

Just ridiculous and I feel like a puffy bloated mess today. I am not, I repeat not drinking until this wedding I have Saturday! and then I will probably have something Sunday during football. But then I will have at least 5 zeros the next week also. Plus I am starting TurboFire today and logging again, not waiting until Jan 1.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know how many zeros I can get this week. I got two last week, would like to get two again but I ended up having 3 beers yesterday.
    It seems like I drank a lot on Friday (beer) but I didn't feel bad on Saturday and Saturday I drank quite a bit (wine), but I didn't feel bad on Sunday.
    I will probably drink tonight and tomorrow, maybe Wed and Thursay is husband's office Christmas Party, then it's friday again, darn, no 0s for me this week, I guess...
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    It's hard to moderate with all the holiday parties. You lushes are keeping busy :laugh:

I had a mellow weekend. Watched the boat parade of lights on San Diego bay...so pretty with all the lights reflecting on the water. Had a flask of whiskey to keep warm...but didn't drink much.
    Tree tonight. Some red wine maybe?
    Countdown til the son gets home on Thursday. :drinker:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sun - 6 beers......................................they were good.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Running around today included 11 stops to different places. chiro appt, Applebees, Aldi, Sports Authority, American Eagle, Carribou, Sam's Club, Angelina's Kitchen for fresh pasta sauce, pet store, Kowalski's grocery store & YMCA to cancel membership.

I bought these long stick like things at the pet store made of bull penis...I feel kind of guilty letting the dogs chew on them.

Monday, 0

Tomorrow is a 12 hour work day!! Ugh!

:drinker: :drinker: Long live the lushes :drinker: :drinker:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Running around today included 11 stops to different places. chiro appt, Applebees, Aldi, Sports Authority, American Eagle, Carribou, Sam's Club, Angelina's Kitchen for fresh pasta sauce, pet store, Kowalski's grocery store & YMCA to cancel membership.

I bought these long stick like things at the pet store made of bull penis...I feel kind of guilty letting the dogs chew on them.

Monday, 0

Tomorrow is a 12 hour work day!! Ugh!

:drinker: :drinker: Long live the lushes :drinker: :drinker:

Callie loves her bullyd!cks! :laugh:

They really are so much better than rawhide chews because they are fully digestible so there is no fear of intestinal blockage. They are just so expensive. I order mine online now and save about 40%.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Yes, Diana...they dogs are in heaven right now....so spoiled. I will have to try to buy on line as well. These were definitely longer than my arms and $18 each.

They also sell ostrich tendons as well for the dogs to munch on. Funky pet store to say the least. Full selection of raw bones as well.

I am hoping their tummies take it well...I do not want to get up in the middle of the night to let dogs out in the snow. We don't have a fenced in yard so they have to be tethered. It's a pain to find the lead in the snow and we had over 12 inches last night.

Good night lushes. I am exhausted.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday-0

And feeling better already!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Yay Chloe :)

I had red wine. 2 glasses. Got the tree but it was late so its still sitting in a bucket of water on the patio.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Kim-12inches of snow GEEZ!!! I'd not leave my house. I love the snow when I can enjoy in the comfort of my home but when I have to commute in it it gives me MUCHO stress!!!

3 glasses of wine...didn't measure but they weren't too big!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    0 for me too!

And now the parties begin. I predict I'll have already had at least a glass of wine by 4 seeing as my work party starts at 3. Tis the season!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    It just doesn't feel like Christmas. Lushing along with absolutley zero holiday spirit. :angry: Bah Humbug!

Goose and rocks last night.

My Boss is on a rampage and I really really really really don't like my job right now. :sad:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Awwww...I feel ya Robin!! Mr. Goose is your friend!!
    The husband's job usually shuts down between Xmas and New Years but he was informed he has to work. How do they expect people to function when they have to work 7days/week/12-14hr days? He gets Xmas Eve and Xmas off. Big flipping deal. :angry:
    He's calling in sick to go pick up our son though. F'em!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    About half a glass shy of a bottle total last night. My lame @ss work party had a hot chocoalte bar last night instead of a real one. WTF. So we went to dinner after, split a bottle and then got another bottle for after which has about a glass left. I consider that victory.