Like Minded Lushes - December 2012

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Home made eggnog was too good. I need to make more. Nothing yet today but I am sure i will sip on something.
  • rjadams
    Options
    So hot buttered rum it is.

My recipe for batter
    1/2 packed dark brown sugar
    1 stick of butter
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
    1/4 teaspoon ground clove
    1/2 to 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (depends on how much you like it. I can't get enough of it.)

blend into compound butter. refrigerate. Use two heaping spoonfuls in a mug with a healthy shot of rum. Top with hot water. mix well. I also add just a hint of triple sec.

Yum!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Sunday, 0
    Monday, 0

Day 2!! And, I don't even have an urge. The weekend surely curbed the liquor pangs for a while.

Robin, can't say I've ever had hot buttered rum, sounds very rich.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Sunday, 0
    Monday, 0

Day 2!! And, I don't even have an urge. The weekend surely curbed the liquor pangs for a while.

Robin, can't say I've ever had hot buttered rum, sounds very rich.

Isn't today still Sunday?

It is rich and thats why I like it. The spices do cut the richness some.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Saturday, 0
    Sunday, 0

Thanks Robin!!

I'll have one for tomorrow too!! Just so excited about having a zero there, ya' know!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday-Thursday- zero
    Friday- half bottle of red
    Saturday- several tang and tonic, wine, and a couple beers (wedding with open bar)
    Sunday- bloody mary, some wine, baileys, a beer (lounged all day watching football)

Planning pretty much the same this week. Have some holiday parties to go to Saturday night. Other than that, no big plans.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Sun - 3 small glasses of crappy box red
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 1 bottle
    Wed - 5 glasses of wine
    Thurs - 0
    Friday - 4 glasses red, maybe nearly 5
    Saturday - 3 glasses white, half glass of red
    Sunday - 2 pints of beer, 2 glasses of red, and a tasty cocktail I call Sailor Rasta Fizz (Sailor Jerry's spiced rum, pineapple juice and splash of sprite. YUM-O.)

So I drank a lot of days, but I never got black out drunk, which I consider a victory. My drinking seems to be getting more under control which makes me feel better. Still on track for Just Say No January.

I have to say I have been a little down between the terrible incidient in CT. Also one of my BFF's delivered her baby 8.5 weeks early and she has been in critical condition ever since (12/12). That's why I got kind of drunk on Wednesday. They are such good people, tried for a baby for over a year and only conceived with some fertility treatments.....child bearing has no justice. I just hope the little girl pulls through. She is showing signs of improvement but just can't seem to stabilize yet.... :( So between all that, I've been pretty teary and holding my 11 month old that much closer. :heart:

Anyways, for drinking this week, I'm going to dry out today at least, maybe tomorrow. I'm off Wednesday and Thurdsay. No plans for the weekend. My plan is to drink moderately when I do.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Still on track for Just Say No January.

Yay!!
    I have to say I have been a little down between the terrible incidient in CT. Also one of my BFF's delivered her baby 8.5 weeks early and she has been in critical condition ever since (12/12). That's why I got kind of drunk on Wednesday. They are such good people, tried for a baby for over a year and only conceived with some fertility treatments.....child bearing has no justice. I just hope the little girl pulls through. She is showing signs of improvement but just can't seem to stabilize yet.... :( So between all that, I've been pretty teary and holding my 11 month old that much closer. :heart:

:heart: :flowerforyou: I've been a bit funky about the shooting as well...those little faces :cry:

Shooting for my Monday 0 tonight making Day 3. I was so bad this weekend that I don't ever want to be like that again. I still have no urge and am hoping that my kidneys and liver have stabilized.

I've requested work off so I can get loads done today. Hopefully, they call within the hour and let me know. I'd love to get some exercise in and just destress a little.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Well, I've gotten the day off...thank God

Here's a really great cauliflower soup recipe. I made some changes.
    Added 1/2 chopped carrot to the roasting cauli.
    Only used 1/4 c. of cream vs. 2 cups.
    Some sriracha at the end.
    And..............................................UNBELIEVEABE

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Roasted-Cauliflower-Soup-14521
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sat - Egad, enough beers to get drunk on.
    Sun - 2 beers
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Robin, my husband would LOVE your egg nog and rum I bet! I just buy him the stuff at the store since I don't drink it.

Sat-0
    Sun-2 glasses of red
    Mon-probably the same?

I am DONE with my shopping and most of the wrapping. Mailed off everything that needed to go today and took care of all my errands. I think I'm in good shape to just sit back and relax until the festivities start on Christmas Eve. I *love* it when I'm this organized. I don't know what the hell came over me this year. :huh:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    Robin, that buttered rum recipe sounds awesome, but I know i would be the only one to drink it in this family.

Syd, when my daughter moved out, I found keeping busy dulled the empty nest depression. Not saying that's what you are experiencing or anything.

Lately I have been enjoying the candy cane vodka. I put it in my mocha cappuccino or just drink it straight. Also been indulging in wine. I can't remember how much. Oh and Rum Chata in my coffee.

It is official, I am picking up my new puppy next Monday happy-smiley.gif This is going to feel like the longest week ever.

Cheers to all those being lushy and those who are behaving :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Yeah Diana, I think I got a ton done the week before he came home because I really didn't want to spend time while he was here running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I need to just enjoy him...not be in panic mode.

And woohooo...puppy time! Santa is delivering early to your house. :happy:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Yay for puppies!!

I was I were done but tomorrow is the BIG push!! We had our extended family Christmas last week so all of that is said and done. Now, moving on to Part II.

Day #3
    Monday is officially a zero. Hubs talked me into going to a restaurant for burgers which was a big test for me. He had vodkas and I had soda water with lime. The debate in my head was fierce beforehand.
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, moderate
    Thursday, 0
    Friday, moderate
    Saturday, 0
    Sunday, 0

Goal < 10
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Ended up having some wine tonight...just one glass. I was craving chocolate and that always pairs well with some wine. I am totally in a funk today...not sure if its pms or just the horrific event last week and watching it all on the news, probably a mixture of both.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA.

I live in CT. The shooting hit home hard and there was another scare today :cry: . It honestly makes me question bringing a child into this world. When you have to worry about elementary schools being safe it's such a disheartening/terrifying/every other kind of bad feeling. It made my already planned girls weekend seem so wrong :frown: We still had a good time but we talked about the shooting and so many other things. Now there's drama between guy friends and girl friends and I thought I was out of high school but apparently not. So ..... good but also sh*tty weekend overall.

Sitting here now with the fur babes all around, husband sleeping on the couch and just trying to relax after a day of serious housework (I clean when I'm upset or stressed).

As for lushness, it's been very apparent and won't let up until after the New Year and I'm fine with that. Worked out today and was fine with food.

Better - so sorry about your friend :ohwell: That little one along with all the little ones who lost their lives and those who now have to deal with the aftermath of the shooting are in my thoughts and prayers :heart:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Kat, I live in MN and it has hit me just as hard. I read the eulogy from the funerals yesterday. It broke my heart my heart all over and I started to cry. I am thinking that I have to stop watching the updates because it is just so hard on me. Sorry that your girls' weekend was overshadowed with this tragedy.

Also, high school never really ends until your in your 40s when you just don't really give a **** because you have other things that you need to worry about. At least, that's my perception. I hate drama at this point and choose not to engage in it or deal with it in any way.

After almost 2.5 weeks of not working out, I am off to pole class this morning. I have a laundry list of things to get done as well.

I am planning another zero for tonight. I almost buckled last night. We were sitting so close to the bar. My husband asked me why I was so quiet last night. Dumbo, don't you realize how hard it is to sit in this bar with you drinking and eating a cheeseburger without beer? So, I bought some scratchers and lost money. Beer would have been cheaper.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I have been feeling pretty weepy about the Sandy Hook school, too. I think the only word that could describe their poor families is "inconsolable". How could you ever recover from such a horrific thing?!

And, on that note, I have two zeros:
    Sunday=0 drinks
    Monday=0 drinks

I could probably have another 0 tonight, no plans...
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    0 for me last night. Planning on anohter 0 tonight.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Yay for puppies. I was too hit hard by the tragedy. One hot buttered rum and on vodka neat. Haven't really been in the mood. Congrats on all the zeros. You guys are doing great.