Like Minded Lushes - December 2012

Options

Replies

• extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    I had three doubles last night...Kel and I took the day off because Delaney (my 4 year old) had her preschool Christmas program at 10. So, we went to lunch with his parents and some friends afterwards, and then took a nap. Of course, I'm currently typing this from school because the husband is coaching a basketball game. Anyway, no waking up early=lushy me.

Shooting for a 0 tonight.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Vanilla vodka and ginger ale tonight. Currently in bed with the fur babes enjoying our new faux silk sheets and watching tv waiting for husband/daddy to get home.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Day #4 No Booze

Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0

Wednesday, possibly moderate
    Thursday, 0 - work on Friday
    Friday, 0
    Saturday, 0
    Sunday, 0

Goal < 10

We finally got our tree. This is the latest that we've ever put one up. It's funny that the kids are older and it's just not as magicial as it used to be. This Christmas is turning out to be so blah for me. I really need to stop watching the news, everyone has just gone crazy it seems!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday- 5 oz red
    Tuesday-0

Planning another zero for tonight!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Good morning lushes!!

I'm off to chiro, barre yoga and staying away from the news for the day. I'm thinking of planning another zero for tonight and that will make Day 5.

Peace :flowerforyou:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Hey Kids!!!
    Agreed the tragedy in CT is unbearable. I was in tears the other day and have decided not to read anymore articles for my own sanity!!!!

Sunday-5 beers
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-12oz of wine...while watching Dexter season finale...HOLY CRAP is all I have to say for those that watch!!!
    Wednesday-probably some wine,
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Back on track today after lots of eating/drinking at the Lakers game last night. Son's Christmas present was courtside tickets. They won!
    I need to move today
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Husband has his work holiday party tonight so I'll probably just get in bed early again and wait for him to get home.

Congrats on all the 0's, I'm picking up the lush side of that.

Work out soon and drinks later.
  • extraordinary_machine
    Options
    I got a 0 last night! Holla!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of 0s for me, but that is where it ends! Margs tonight...
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Wow so many zeros. You are all doing great.

Confession, It has been 6 years since I have decorated for Christmas. 6 years ago Doug and I decided to go to Cabo for Christmas. Then I was going to go visit my mom after the New Year instead of going home for the holidays. Well she passed away in the morning on 12/26. I still carry the guilt of not going home for Christmas and missing out on her last one. I don't have the heart for Christmas any more that I used to. Decorating is too hard. because most of the things I have to decorate with, my mom and I got together. She loved Christmas and decorating. We were very close, especially while I lived near home until 2000. I miss her so much and I carry so much guilt about not seeing her that year. I drink a lot during this time to kind of dull the ache. So ..... Bah Humbug!

I will decorate when and if my kids ever decide to come visit me for Christmas time.
  • amysj303
    Options
    so sorry to hear that Robin! but don't feel guilty! It's understandable that you are sad you didn't see her but it's not your fault!:flowerforyou:
    Today is my little sister's birthday. She would have been 32, but she died in 1988 when she was 7 and I was 12, when our family car was broad-sided by a man having an epileptic seizure.:cry:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    I am so sorry rj and asjerven :frown: You're both in my thoughts and prayers :heart:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Tough times during the holidays for a lot of people. May you all find peace. :flowerforyou:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Amy and Robin- so sorry for your sad memories during the holiday season, that has to be hard on both of you.

Caved again last night.

Monday- 5 oz red
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday- 15 oz red

Tonight who knows, I am saying zero, but I may just finish the bottle, we will have to see!
  • extraordinary_machine
    Options
    Oh, Amy, I'm so sorry! :heart:

Last night we had an impromptu neighborhood party. I had 3...that were like triples. Oy.
  • amysj303
    Options
    Thanks, all, I didn't mean to over-share, it was a long time ago...
    Last night I had 1 marg and 4 beers. Feeling a little ill today and have the office pot luck and wearing my ugly Christmas sweater and it is hot...
  • amysj303
    Options
    for the lushes:
    2jeps3r.png
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Haha at the ugly Christmas sweater :)

2 glasses of red last night. Had to finish the bottle after all. :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Amy & Robin...sorry :flowerforyou:

Last night I came home in kind of a crappy mood and had two 1oz shots of salted caramel vodka and had 16oz of wine...I felt pretty drunk and didn't wanna wake up for my workout so I didn't :wink: But I feel just fine today no hangover!

Tonight, I will most likely have some wine. Not sure what yet. I really wanna go out and grab a bite to eat after physical therapy, rather than cook, so we shall see :smile: