Like Minded Lushes - December 2012

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Eww holiday work parties with no booze.....who are those people :laugh:

Syd-your son come home tomorrow YAY!!!! And he'll be home for almost a month right? Very excited for you!!!

Last night I had about 18oz of wine :blushing: And tonight will be more of that same.
    I dislike when my husband is away 1) I drink more 2) I get lonely and bored and 3) I find it harder to go to bed at a decent hour....BUT I have been able to sleep in since I don't have to get his food ready for the day, so.......
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0

Work party with no booze totally sucks! I would have no desire to hang out with my work peeps sober that is for sure.:laugh:
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options

Work party with no booze totally sucks! I would have no desire to hang out with my work peeps sober that is for sure.:laugh:

Don't we have to do that everyday anyway?? :bigsmile: Not fair!

All of you lushes have been very busy!!:noway: I may have to turn in my lush card cause I've barely drank since December started...I was gonna wait for January, but apparently I just lost my taste for alcohol or something...I don't know what the heck has happened...maybe I was abducted by aliens and replaced by some weird-alcohol hating entity...:devil: I think I've only had 2 glasses of wine and 1 bacardi-coke the WHOLE month...that's right - the WHOLE month...we' re 12 days into the month:sad: :embarassed:
  • ChLoE1130
    Options

Yea I guess, but at least I am getting paid for it then!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options

Yea I guess, but at least I am getting paid for it then!

This is true!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    A work party with no alcohol is just WRONG!

Yes Kate, the son comes home until Jan. 6th....sooooo can't wait for him and his friends to be back hanging out around the house. :bigsmile:

Got the tree up last night and the lights on. Saving the ornaments for the son and husband when they get home. Had some red wine while decorating. It smells SOOOOOO good!!

This morning I hear a HUGE crash sound...walk out to see 2 cats fleeeeeing from the scene and the 9 foot tree toppled over. :sad: The husband is gone and no way can I make this tree upright again...it's all messed up in the stand (and of course the water in the stand spilled all over the carpet.) If the cats ever manage to make an appearance again they're in deep *kitten*!

I guess 10am is too early to start drinking?
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    yikes about the tree, that sucks! My cats would do the same thing, so I don't have a tree...
    None of our work parties have alcohol in the government, it's illegal to actually have alcohol on the premises, security will take it if they see it in your car anything!
    I have been drinking every night this week!
    Sunday=3 beers
    Monday=2 glasses of wine
    Tuesday=2 beers, 1 martini and a glass of wine

The rest of the wine is going in the crockpot with my pot roast so I don't what I'll drink tonight, could try for a zero...
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Mmmm...crockpot pot roast sounds so good!

I'm off to the beach. Its a beautiful sunny day so it's sure to help me forget about the tree fiasco!
  • kblue2007
    Options

I'm off to the beach. Its a beautiful sunny day so it's sure to help me forget about the tree fiasco!

I AM SO FRICKIN JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    A work party with no alcohol is just WRONG!

Yes Kate, the son comes home until Jan. 6th....sooooo can't wait for him and his friends to be back hanging out around the house. :bigsmile:

Got the tree up last night and the lights on. Saving the ornaments for the son and husband when they get home. Had some red wine while decorating. It smells SOOOOOO good!!

This morning I hear a HUGE crash sound...walk out to see 2 cats fleeeeeing from the scene and the 9 foot tree toppled over. :sad: The husband is gone and no way can I make this tree upright again...it's all messed up in the stand (and of course the water in the stand spilled all over the carpet.) If the cats ever manage to make an appearance again they're in deep *kitten*!

I guess 10am is too early to start drinking?

Oh noooo!!! I would kill my cats. I was worried how they would be when we got them last year but surprisingly they don't care about them at all except to sleep under them :heart:

Went to a concert with a friend last night, we split 2 bottles of wine before we even went :noway: then had mixed drinks there. I felt fine when I got home but I don't think I can handle all the sugar from the wine anymore because I never used to get headaches and after a wine fueled night I almost always do now :grumble: The good thing though is when I got home husband was tucked in bed :smile: It was after 2am so I didn't really get to see him so I can't wait for him to get home tonight :smooched:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I need to post a pic. It was so amazing at the beach today. I don't care about the fact my tree is all toppled over. :drinker:
    Poseidon.JPG?1260400517 (I didn't take these pics, but this is where I was)

Del_Mar_Homes_02.jpg
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Fallen trees
    Mean bosses
    Husbands gone
    and.....no alcohol at work party

Oh, my..I've been gone too long

Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 2 large Newcastle - 4'ish total
    Wednesday, 1 Sam Adams Chocolate Bock, I am in love...ha, ha...that should be at the Christmas party!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Two tastings before the party, two glasses at the party, and then we split a bottle. So 5. Maybe a 0 tonight. I hope to go see my friends and their new baby; she came 8.5 weeks early.
    Sydney the beach is lovely. Where are you?
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Soooo jealous! I wanna be at the beach. I wish I could just get all my family and friends to move with me!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0

Feeling great! Its amazing what some zeros will do after a week of boozing and binging!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    lots of wine last night, no surprise! I am going out to dinner with my parents tonight...they are so sweet to take me out while Lenny is away....I shall be drinking tonight....maybe a manhattan and some beers???
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I'm in Del Mar, CA Better....just north of San Diego. And it's pouring down raining and cold here today..so no need to feel jealous!!

I drank wine and wrapped presents last night. I really wanted to decorate the tree but we all know why that couldn't happen so I at least I made headway with the wrapping (even though I hate doing it)
    Probably more wine tonight but not before lots of errands and a good workout. SON is coming home! :bigsmile:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    After working out like a mad woman before the wedding I've definitely been a little slack as of late. I've been pretty fine with food though buuuut also very lushy haha.

3 drinks I believe last night and tonight is husbands late night so there will be drinks. Perhaps I'll try for a work out but I've got some housework to do so that might just be my work out :blushing:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Last night I had the last glass out of the bottle, opened another and drank all but two glasses. How many is that? I can't math:huh:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Last night I had the last glass out of the bottle, opened another and drank all but two glasses. How many is that? I can't math:huh:

2???? :laugh:
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    I have to say you made this a very complicated math problem....

I usually say 4 glasses in a bottle. So 1 glass from the first bottle and 2 from the second would equal 3? :smile: