Like Minded Lushes - December 2012

Replies

• zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Wed - 4 beers................................uhm good
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    I've been good for the start of the week, zero's Sunday to Tuesday, then decided to open a bottle of wine last night but only drank 1 glass. I think I'll go for 2 glasses today which is all very controlled, I'm definitely kicking into holiday mode though as there's more treats creeping in too.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,029 Member
    wine is on the agenda for tonight. I have already been in tears at work today so it totally sux.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Dammit Robin....try not to let them get to ya! ((Hugs))
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    I have to say you made this a very complicated math problem....

I usually say 4 glasses in a bottle. So 1 glass from the first bottle and 2 from the second would equal 3? :smile:

^She does numbers in real life (right?), so this must be right. :smile: That is what I got too. Technically there are 25.36 ounces in a bottle, so that's about four 6.34 oz glasses. I think when we learned about alcohol in the seventh grade and that a drink of liquor is the same as a wine is the same as a beer their measurements call for a 4-5 ounce glass. Whatever. I like a heavy pour.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,241 Member
    I have to say you made this a very complicated math problem....

I usually say 4 glasses in a bottle. So 1 glass from the first bottle and 2 from the second would equal 3? :smile:

^She does numbers in real life (right?), so this must be right. :smile: That is what I got too. Technically there are 25.36 ounces in a bottle, so that's about four 6.34 oz glasses. I think when we learned about alcohol in the seventh grade and that a drink of liquor is the same as a wine is the same as a beer their measurements call for a 4-5 ounce glass. Whatever. I like a heavy pour.

Then again she did not indicate what size bottle :laugh: ...

BTW that is not me in this picture

wine-bottle-sizes-red-wine.jpg
  • rjadams
    love it. the bigger the bottle the better.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Last night I had the last glass out of the bottle, opened another and drank all but two glasses. How many is that? I can't math:huh:

A typical bottle is slightly over 5 glasses. 750 ml = 25.3605 so I would say you had 4 glasses but that's only if you're measuring a standard 5oz serving :wink:

Ended up getting in a work out after vacuuming and throwing some laundry in. Going to get some more laundry done and have some wine or maybe vanilla vodka and ginger ale in a bit :smile:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Haha this conversation is great....I should say that I think a bottle of wine is two glasses cause I rarely drink less than half:laugh:

Going to bed with another zero!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0

Huge improvement from last week! Shooting for a zero tomorrow and then we have a wedding Saturday so of course it will be a drunks night. The hubs is going to the bears packers game Sunday our friends only had one extra ticket so I said he can go as long as he's DD for the wedding:happy:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Robin, I am so sorry about your work situation :cry:

Last night was dinner with my parents and I spent the night. 3 beers and 1 small glass of wine.
    Lenny comes home today YIPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    2vodka Fresca last night.
  • SoCalWoman
    Son is home and I'm ready for the holidays to start!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,407 Member
    Thu - 5 beers and a shot.
  • rjadams
    Got home to a chilled bottle of white and Salmon and asparagus for dinner. Awesome husbands make crappy jobs tolerable.

And on the sad side I am also sad because my daughter had to give up one of her dogs. She just couldn't handle both since her douche bag boyfriend baled out on her. So I hope my beloved granddog Reaper finds a good home. The breeder took him back (he is a little over a year old) Holly didn't even get him from the breeder she took him from a friend who couldn't keep him. This is one of those good breeders. They love their dogs and don't want the ones they sell to ever end up in a shelter.

I am so glad it is Friday. I bought the makings for my home made eggnog. it is awesomely bad for me but I deserve it. :love:

Happy Friday.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    I'm drinking tonight....I have decided. Not sure what, but it will be something.

Robin- that's great about the breeder taking your daughters pup back and boo on the douchey boyfriend!
  • SoCalWoman
    Me too, Chloe. I am so fortunate to be able to hug my son tight tonight. I will keep the parents of those who lost their children in the horrific tragedy today in my thoughts. My heart hurts for them and all the families affected by this senseless act.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Just got back from the Dells with the family...bunch of lushes that we are.

I am going to have to detox until Christmas. I work the holiday so I can't be too lushy. I have a physical in 2 months and need to make some changes for the good.

Syd...glad baby boy is home - althought I know he tall and not baby'ish
    Robin...glad that hubby makes the day brighter - booo, on giving up the doggie. I was thinking of her if my Shep/Husky passed but old girl is a tough one for sure.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    Ok it's a start...and a plan

Sunday, 0
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 0
    Thursday, 0
    Friday, drinking for sure
    Saturday, 0

Goal is less than 10...I need to start warming up for this January thing. Yvonne, your going to do it as well, right? I need a good influence. :wink:

I've just really learned all the details on the school shooting. It's absolutely a horrible, horrible tragedy. I can't even begin to imagine all those lifeless little bodies. How does anyone move on from that?
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    I had a lushy weekend....3 double Captain and Frescas and a beer on Friday. I was already a wreck from the school thingy, then after I was good and drunk, the neighbor that kissed (just 1 time)and flirted with my husband all frelling summer had the audacity to confront me about how I make her uncomfortable and why she doesn't appreciate it. ORLY? That was fun.

Last night, Sister Wife, Kel (that's my man) and I had some shots. I needed time with my bestie and the husband.
  • SoCalWoman
    I lost count on Friday.
    0 yesterday.
    Maybe some wine tonight but not before I get in a decent workout.
    I'm still hugging all 6'2" of my son...he doesn't seem too irritated by it yet. Of course I'm feeding him all his favorites, so that always helps.