TMI Tuesday-single peeps version

Options

Replies

• afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    MEN- with all this talk I'm getting more curious. Women who have a high sex drive; is that not a turn on to you guys? :huh:
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    MEN- with all this talk I'm getting more curious. Women who have a high sex drive; is that not a turn on to you guys? :huh:

For me, it has nothing to do with your sex drive. It has everything to do with the level of commitment involved.

Also in my experience, the sex has always been MUCH better with ditzy women! I stand firm on that.
  • afv417
    Options

For me, it has nothing to do with your sex drive. It has everything to do with the level of commitment involved.

Also in my experience, the sex has always been MUCH better with ditzy women! I stand firm on that.

I thought your sex drive went out the window with a commitment!? Or what do you mean?
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    It's because of the level of commitment involved. If I'm in a FWB situation with someone and it's casual and not serious at all, I'm always ready to go. If I'm in a serious relationship with a woman, my sex drive goes out the window.

Maybe it's my intimacy issues kicking in, but do any other men feel like this?

Interesting! I wonder if it is because the type of person you would have something casual with and the type you have relationships with are quite different? This may be the case for me.

And Carl - I'm not talking about recovery time. My relationship partners have been satisfied with one or a couple times a week and they prioritize sleep or stress or other activities over it. Every day would be fine with me, and in my opinion, it makes stress and headaches better.. and I am always ready to sacrifice some sleep for fun!

This has been my experience too. I think men can cum and not think about it again for a few days as work and stress and life take over, whereas women can cum and be ready again in 2 seconds as it's an emotional 'cure' for us.

I reckon it's pshychlogical as well as physiological......Maybe......I dunno really, but totally agree that men go on about sex much more than they can be bothered to do it!! No offence :flowerforyou:

And both genders go on about it more when they're not getting it!!! :laugh: :tongue: :bigsmile:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

LOL that sounds like a romatic comedy waiting to happen. Probably cause you can talk them into more lol.......
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options

Der, cause that's what they want.... sex with no thought to it. ha ha ha :bigsmile: Isn't that where the phrase "#$%@ thier brains out" came from? :tongue:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I haven't met a man yet who has met or surpassed my sex drive. I may be slightly less visual than a man.. but the physical aspect is extremely important to me. I seem to get into relationships with men who like sex..but don't crave or need it the way I do.

I'd like to hear how you think it might be different for men than women?

No way to answer that and am only going by what many ladies here have stated regarding the subject and that is intimacy (sex) can and will only happen if they feel a deep emotional connection that takes time to develop.

Many of the same will also talk of having or desiring a FWB which no matter how rationalized is the antithesis of that.

So be it,how can such be explained?

Also remember that men are one and for a while done often.
    That for a while can vary dramatically from some minutes to hours.
    Each needs to learn to satisfy their partner as they are which for guys may mean taking care of her first and for ladies understanding the aftermath of an orgasm is different for guys.

For me I never try to rationalize wanting sex. I like it, its fun and it satisfies a need. I dont need the emotional connection in order to have sex. However I wont jump into bed with a nameless stranger either.

Fleshlight also know as foofoos Jennifer. Lets put it this way mens toys are finally getting almost as interesting as ours.

If sex is fun and it satisfies a need, then why do you have to know the person? Just curious. I think it's because we ladies want some kind of emotional connection to our sex partners, even if we deny it or don't understand it.
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    [However, if I am going to use a **** ring I usually use a metal ring not a plastic one that streches that defeats the purpose. So in the past I have put on a **** ring and 2 hot g-vibes (these little vibrators can be on the shaft not just at the base) and my GF at the time LOVED it but then my next GF said the g-vibes hurt cause of the added thickness...

Just my 2 cents....

Whoa. Sounds like you were packing quite a bit of amour down there. Was there any feeling left in your **** after strapping all of this on? ;-)

--P
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

Anna! Take a shot! Hahaha

You aren't going after the right smart women then.

That or they just know better than to have sex with you.
  • CassiusKnox
    CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
    Options

For me I never try to rationalize wanting sex. I like it, its fun and it satisfies a need. I dont need the emotional connection in order to have sex. However I wont jump into bed with a nameless stranger either.

Fleshlight also know as foofoos Jennifer. Lets put it this way mens toys are finally getting almost as interesting as ours.

I know fleshlights have sold pretty well but I doubt male sex 'toys' will ever really achieve the broad appeal that female toys have.

Reason - A *kitten* or vibrator is a very good approximation of a penis hence very useful to a woman unlike a finger or a hand which is very un-penis like.

A hand however IS an acceptable approximation of a vagina therefore there is MUCH less need for male toys. Who wants to be bothered finding, using and cleaning a fleshlight when your hand is right there on the end of your arm ALL the time? And what's more your arm is the PERFECT length to reach your crotch. Thank you God :drinker:
  • afv417
    Options
    This has been my experience too. I think men can cum and not think about it again for a few days as work and stress and life take over, whereas women can cum and be ready again in 2 seconds as it's an emotional 'cure' for us.

Men are single minded (no offense) but their brains don't think about twenty million things at a time like ours does. I have even tried this with my a guy. Mention something, talk about something else, ask him a question and then revert to convo #1 and I get: "oh, what?".:grumble:
    I reckon it's pshychlogical as well as physiological......Maybe......I dunno really, but totally agree that men go on about sex much more than they can be bothered to do it!! No offence :flowerforyou:

LOL!:flowerforyou:
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options

I thought your sex drive went out the window with a commitment!? Or what do you mean?

I think he means he likes sex with women who are more complacent, less argumentative, wont question him, more likely to let him lead...so a Barbie doll. Haha Mike just had to call it like I see it...I mean no offense but that's what I take from it.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    It's because of the level of commitment involved. If I'm in a FWB situation with someone and it's casual and not serious at all, I'm always ready to go. If I'm in a serious relationship with a woman, my sex drive goes out the window.

Interesting! I wonder if it is because the type of person you would have something casual with and the type you have relationships with are quite different? This may be the case for me.

A valid point but also an impossible conundrum that I don`t think guys really face mostly.
    We for the most part have no hang up with wanting sex for its own sake while also very happy with the idea of a relationship.

That being said there have been in my life women I would not have sex with if life depended on it because who they were as a person was so horrible no matter what they looked like.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I haven't met a man yet who has met or surpassed my sex drive. I may be slightly less visual than a man.. but the physical aspect is extremely important to me. I seem to get into relationships with men who like sex..but don't crave or need it the way I do.

I'd like to hear how you think it might be different for men than women?

No way to answer that and am only going by what many ladies here have stated regarding the subject and that is intimacy (sex) can and will only happen if they feel a deep emotional connection that takes time to develop.

Many of the same will also talk of having or desiring a FWB which no matter how rationalized is the antithesis of that.

So be it,how can such be explained?

Also remember that men are one and for a while done often.
    That for a while can vary dramatically from some minutes to hours.
    Each needs to learn to satisfy their partner as they are which for guys may mean taking care of her first and for ladies understanding the aftermath of an orgasm is different for guys.

If sex is fun and it satisfies a need, then why do you have to know the person? Just curious. I think it's because we ladies want some kind of emotional connection to our sex partners, even if we deny it or don't understand it.

Well a couple of reasons some of them very practical.
    1. I would like to make sure he isnt some kinda crazy stalker serial killer.
    2. There is always the slightest chance of pregnancy (I use protection everytime but nothing is 100%) I would like to know how to contact the guy if something happened.
    3. Knowing someone vs stranger danger sex gives you a better insight into what they would like in bed .

So its not emotional connection I'm worried about its more a practical issue. When you pick up some random stranger the first night you meet them you dont know what your getting
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

I think he means he likes sex with women who are more complacent, less argumentative, wont question him, more likely to let him lead...so a Barbie doll. Haha Mike just had to call it like I see it...I mean no offense but that's what I take from it.

He has openly admitted as such. Specifically, he stated he wants a woman who needs and is dependent on him and is incomplete without him.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

Men are single minded (no offense) but their brains don't think about twenty million things at a time like ours does. I have even tried this with my a guy. Mention something, talk about something else, ask him a question and then revert to convo #1 and I get: "oh, what?".:grumble:

LOL!:flowerforyou:

I think it is just a difference in thought patterns and of course a generalization but a guys thought patterns are usually A---->B
    with a logical outcome.
    We are not that easily distracted but if two thoughts don`t have a clearly rational relationship we will divorce them from each other.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

Anna! Take a shot! Hahaha

I am pissin myself laughing here!!!!! With visions of you, Kate and me knocking a Sambuca back while Sam has a scoop of Ben & Jerry's!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ETA: B&J is ice cream just in case it's not in America?
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

He has openly admitted as such. Specifically, he stated he wants a woman who needs and is dependent on him and is incomplete without him.

It's mostly because I can provide it. Plain and simple.

I'm emotionally stable, financially sound, and extremely independent.. in ways a lot of men are not. Most of my good friends are overly emotional, bounce from job to job and have their girlfriends pay their bills, and are still reliant on their parents to some extent. I am not in the least.

So yes, it is nice feeling when a woman is dependent on me. But most importantly, I have to feel that a woman *deserves* to be dependent on me.

(ducks and runs for cover :laugh: )
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options

Interesting... guys? comments?

Studies show that men's testosterone levels fall when in a long-term relationship with one woman. They fall even faster when there are kids. Having affairs can kick-start testosterone production.

And this hormone is not just about sex, it's about an overall man's health. Higher testosterone levels translate into lower instances of cancer (in men), lower Alzheimer's, etc., etc. It's kind of a big deal.

Women with higher sex drives typically have higher levels of testosterone than women with "normal" or lower sex drives. Women with higher sex drives are typically more attracted to women, as well. Or at least more willing to sleep with them. In general studies show that women are more prone to bi-sexuality than men. They also show that women are more influenced by societal norms, and hence less willing to admit (even to themselves) their feelings about sex.

There is still this Victorian notion of the pure wife, dutifully waiting for the hubby to come home for her weekly missionary position sex. When clearly the reality is she is doing her *kitten* doggy, with it securely suctioned to her headboard. Yeah, still can't get that friggin' image out of my mind....

--P
  • CassiusKnox
    CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Long story short..... everyone has different sex drives... males AND females.

If you are a once (or more) a day girl you need to find a once (or more) a day guy.

Me personally (in the spirit of TMI tuesday) - I CAN'T sustain sex every day for an extended period of time. Yes.. for a week or so... like if we are on a vacation or something. But every day for months on end? Nup.

I dunno if I need recovery time or if I need to 'produce' something in order for it to be good for me (in other words have something 'in the tank')... but I find prolonged periods of sex every day pretty damn boring... and the orgasms getting less and less satisfying.