Bulletproof Coffee

Options

Replies

• EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    I'm new so this is somewhat out of the blue. But I do have a suggestion for you. You could melt the butter and coconut oil together and mix in you cocoa powder and then let it "set" in the fridge. I sometimes make "fudge" this way with coconut oil and protein powder. Wrap it up in single servings, and make sure it doesn't get warmer than room temp, (pry put it in a sealed container just in case) and then melt it in your coffee when you travel. Just a thought! :)
    awesome idea! thanks so much, will try this next time I am on the road.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Wow! Just read this whole thread and I think I NEED to try this!!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    So! Day two. Taught Bodycombat this morning at 9:30am while having my coffee at 7am. I felt GREAT! No hunger. Lots of energy. It's really wild. I even stayed for Power Yoga. I had a 100 cal pack of almonds in between classes, and I'm just now sitting down for lunch at 2:15. Really crazy. Going to get the aerolatte today!
  • graysmom2005
    Options
    Is it wrong that I had another one for my afternoon snack? I'm now over on fat for the day. OOPS! LOL!
  • Zaphyre13
    Zaphyre13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sweeeeet!! Made it to lunch, not hungry! Feel like I could kick a crocodile in the junk lol I'm misquoting Joe Rogan on Bullet Proof Coffee.
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    Sweeeeet!! Made it to lunch, not hungry! Feel like I could kick a crocodile in the junk lol I'm misquoting Joe Rogan on Bullet Proof Coffee.
    What did that poor crocodile ever do to you?
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Yes every day I have my BP coffee....
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    In case we're not "friends" on MFP, I wanted to share my most recent experience. For 7 days I did BPC, then a snack and dinner. I stayed within my desired macros and kcals. I lost weight 4 of the 7 days, and days 5-7 consecutively; a total of 2.6#. Yesterday I had plans to meet a friend for breakfast, so I had 1/2 a serving and then had my usual keto-friendly breakfast, bacon & eggs. I ate like I had prior to BPC, snacks and meals. My scale went up 4 pounds today! I'm back on my BPC routine this morning, so we'll see what happens over the next day or 2 as my body adjusts back. I'm not upset or even concerned with the 4#. I am completely fascinated by the effects of our decisions of what we put in our mouths has on the scale.
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hey, OP, thank you so much for this whole experiment and your results with it!

And thanks to everyone else who's tried it and posted their results!

This BPC thing is right up my alley and I can't wait to start it tomorrow morning, as I'm already past today's breakfast. One thing I don't really get though is why are people using blenders? Am I missing part of the equation? It's 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp grass fed butter, and optional unsweetened cocoa, no?

I'm keeping an eye on this thread and will post my results when I get 'em!
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    Hey, OP, thank you so much for this whole experiment and your results with it!
    You're welcome ... it's been very interesting indeed. Glad my sharing could be helpful.
    And thanks to everyone else who's tried it and posted their results!

This BPC thing is right up my alley and I can't wait to start it tomorrow morning, as I'm already past today's breakfast. One thing I don't really get though is why are people using blenders? Am I missing part of the equation? It's 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp grass fed butter, and optional unsweetened cocoa, no?

I'm keeping an eye on this thread and will post my results when I get 'em!
    Originally, I started out with 8 oz high quality coffee (coffee beans that have had mold on them contain mycotoxins), 2 tbsp grass fed butter and 1 tbsp coconut oil (plus a tbsp unsweetened cocoa cause I like it). I have since added another tbsp of coconut oil, primarily because I have stepped up my exercise program and needed the extra fat and calories to deal with it.

I think you can/should adjust your amounts of butter, coconut oil and coffee to suit your own body, like everything else in life. Would love to hear how it works for you!
  • DaddyCrossfit
    DaddyCrossfit Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'll be trying this tomorrow...wish me luck! I've noticed that most of the posters in here are relatively new to BPC. I would love to hear opinions/results/etc from people who have drank these for weeks/months. Also wondering about those of you who have lost a couple of pounds in a few days if you would've anyway due to the rest of your diet/exercise regimen. That's probably difficult to pinpoint.
  • graysmom2005
    Options
    Today was a little harder....it's my rest day. For some reason this means I'm way more hungry than the days I workout. So I ended up having a mid-morning snack. Still enjoyed it though and the scale was kind this morning.
  • DaddyCrossfit
    Options
    Today was a little harder....it's my rest day. For some reason this means I'm way more hungry than the days I workout. So I ended up having a mid-morning snack. Still enjoyed it though and the scale was kind this morning.

Weird..sounds backwards. How long have you been drinking them?
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    In case we're not "friends" on MFP, I wanted to share my most recent experience. For 7 days I did BPC, then a snack and dinner. I stayed within my desired macros and kcals. I lost weight 4 of the 7 days, and days 5-7 consecutively; a total of 2.6#. Yesterday I had plans to meet a friend for breakfast, so I had 1/2 a serving and then had my usual keto-friendly breakfast, bacon & eggs. I ate like I had prior to BPC, snacks and meals. My scale went up 4 pounds today! I'm back on my BPC routine this morning, so we'll see what happens over the next day or 2 as my body adjusts back. I'm not upset or even concerned with the 4#. I am completely fascinated by the effects of our decisions of what we put in our mouths has on the scale.

I'm not ready to quickly draw an observation from my personal BPC experiment. As I mentioned this morning, I gained 4# after not having BPC this morning. Well after my workout late morning, I weighed myself (I don't know why as I usually do first thing in the morning only). Anyhow, I dropped 3+ pounds in just a few hours, even though I had 2 large cups of coffee and tons of water. All very interesting. Excited to get on the scale again tomorrow.
  • DaddyCrossfit
    Options
    I'm not ready to quickly draw an observation from my personal BPC experiment. As I mentioned this morning, I gained 4# after not having BPC this morning. Well after my workout late morning, I weighed myself (I don't know why as I usually do first thing in the morning only). Anyhow, I dropped 3+ pounds in just a few hours, even though I had 2 large cups of coffee and tons of water. All very interesting. Excited to get on the scale again tomorrow.

3-4 lbs per day of weight fluctuation sure sounds extreme. I didn't even think that was possible. Maybe after a huge Thanksgiving dinner or huge BM (sorry if that was too gross). :ohwell:
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    3-4 lbs per day of weight fluctuation sure sounds extreme. I didn't even think that was possible. Maybe after a huge Thanksgiving dinner or huge BM (sorry if that was too gross).
    Charlie Martin of 13 Weeks fame (on Facebook he is providing his daily experiences for 13 weeks with Low Carb, High Fat and Crossfit) has shown fluctuations of 5-6 lbs in a single day. Of course, he started at 300 lbs and is currently at 271'ish. If you were to weigh all your food and water that you put in your body, you would discover that it is 5 lbs, or more. 16 oz of water weighs 1.01 lbs, so if you are drinking your 8 glasses a day, that's 4 lbs all by itself. IF you don't eliminate it due to water retention .....
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    I'll be trying this tomorrow...wish me luck! I've noticed that most of the posters in here are relatively new to BPC. I would love to hear opinions/results/etc from people who have drank these for weeks/months. Also wondering about those of you who have lost a couple of pounds in a few days if you would've anyway due to the rest of your diet/exercise regimen. That's probably difficult to pinpoint.
    Good luck, hope you enjoy it ....

Yes, I am new to BPC. However, I was recommended to it by two good friends. One has lost over 30 lbs in 6 weeks by going low carb, introducing BPC for breakfast and adding walking to his daily routine. The other is a very serious heavy lifting type guy and uses BPC as part of his nutrition regimen. When I told him I was moving from pure running workouts to Power90, we started talking nutrition approaches to supplement the more intense strength/cardio and gain the benefits of extending my body's fast using fat as fuel (I know, not true fasting, but the concept is to stay in fat burning mode).

I am coming up on 3 weeks now. I won't be reporting on my actual weight loss, body fat percentages, etc. for a couple more weeks. Trying to move my personal focus from the numbers on the scale to changing my nutrition, fitness, etc. I'll give an update then. Meanwhile, I'll keep talking about how I fit this in to my daily life, etc.
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    It seems I have hit a roadblock already! Gahh :(

I live in Canada and couldn't find any grass fed butter anywhere, even health food stores. I looked into it online and it is apparently VERY difficult to get here, especially in winter. I don't suppose you know just how essential the butter is? Would organic butter work? Or if there is an acceptable substitute for the butter?

I would try ordering some, but I move around a lot and have no fixed address. I hope there is something else out there that will do the trick. Probably gonna try bpc tomorrow just with the coconut oil.

I would sure appreciate any suggestions you may have!
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Options

Anybody figure out how to get bulletproof coffee while traveling?

I'm new so this is somewhat out of the blue. But I do have a suggestion for you. You could melt the butter and coconut oil together and mix in you cocoa powder and then let it "set" in the fridge. I sometimes make "fudge" this way with coconut oil and protein powder. Wrap it up in single servings, and make sure it doesn't get warmer than room temp, (pry put it in a sealed container just in case) and then melt it in your coffee when you travel. Just a thought! :)

This is freaking brilliant!
    I just ordered these: http://www.amazon.com/Plastic-Jello-Shot-Lids-125ct/dp/B004Y4Z7NS/ref=pd_sim_k_2
    Going to make my BPC add-in of butter, coconut oil, and cocoa Ina large batch, and put in these portion cups. Whether for travel or home, this will speed up my morning routine!