Bulletproof Coffee

Replies

• Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    I add at least twice that in coffee, IrishChik. I also drink a big glass of water and take vitamins/supplements whilst waiting for the coffee to brew in the french press, so that probably helps to fill my tummy a little bit too. If you're sure you're using enough MCT or coconut oil, and enough butter, the volume of coffee is the next thing I'd investigate.
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    *Day 9 BPC update*

Okay, so I've been doing BPC every morning for 9 days now and these are my results:

• After the first 3 or 4 days, I've noticed a larger daily caloric defecit. During the first few days I had a tendency to make up for the feeling of fasting by eating larger portions later in the day. This may be because I have always been an "eat immediately upon waking" type person and it took a while to teach my brain that it isn't necessary. I'm now fine with eating a normal sized lunch and dinner.

• The BPC inadvertently made me adopt an IF regime. If it is true that BPC keeps you in a fasted state, then I am only eating during a 6-hour window, fasting the other 18-hours of the day. I only noticed this a few days ago.

• I snowboard as a hobby, everyday (with an odd day off here and there) right after my morning coffee and have no issues riding for 3-4 hours non-stop on the hill, getting home for a meal around 2 pm. I have not noticed any change in my energy levels as a result of taking away breakfast. Hunger has slightly decreased!

• This is by far my favorite result- Weight loss :D ! I no longer own a scale so unfortunately cannot say if I've lost any weight per se, but I did take measurements on day 1 of BPC and again this morning. I am down .5" off bust, .5" off waist, 1" off navel (yay!!) .5" off hips, thighs unchanged.

Not bad for just over one week! In fact I was ecstatic. Being in my healthy weight range already it's been a while since I've seen any positive changes.

I will add that I was unable to find organic butter, so Ive only been using 1.5 tbsp organic virgin coconut oil, which puts me about 100 cals less than what my old breakfast was. So not a huge difference there, certainly not enough to account for any major weight loss due to caloric defecit alone.

I think that's all I can say for now. I also feel very empowered by the fact that I am now finding it so easy to skip breakfast, as I have never thought that would be possible for me! I used to be ravenous in the mornings but that is no longer the case. Along with that comes the mindfulness of eating when I am truly hungry, and only until I am full. I feel like I'm taking on a whole new relationship with food that breaks a lot of the mental barriers I used to have.

If anyone is even remotely interested in trying this, I HIGHLY recommend it! Give it about a week and you might be very surprised at how easily you can recalibrate your relationship with food. For me it wasn't just about the health benefits of the fasting & the coconut oil as I'd initially thought it would be, it gave me a strong sense of self-control and power over my mental cravings.

Good luck kids :)
  • Feeling lazythismorning, so I will just say ---- THIS^^^^^^ and --- me too!
  • travelistadiva
    travelistadiva Posts: 52 Member
    After lurking (sp) on this thread for about 3 weeks, I have finally tried the coffee. My recipe is 2Tbs Kerry's Gold butter, 1 Tbs Organic, unrefined virgin coconut oil, 1 Tbs unsweetened cocoa powered. I added 1 packet of slenda and 2 Tbs of heavy cream. I have to have cream in my coffee. This is 435 calories which is about 50 to 100 less than my usual breakfast. Followed by 20oz glass of water. I'm excited to give this a try.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    I was glad to have this in my back pocket, as I gained over FIVE POUNDS in one day. Had a massive brunch and dinner for son's 8th birthday yesterday. Lots of sodium and carbs. So the BPC came back out in effect this morning before I taught spin. Only thing I have noticed lately that is negative, is that is makes me feel a little sick...all the fat/greasiness makes me feel a little off. Didn't when I first started. Anyone else notice this?
  • travelistadiva
    travelistadiva Posts: 52 Member
    I was not hungry until 1:00pm yesterday. I didn't get to eat until about 1:30pm. I noticed I ate much less at that meal and stayed full until about 7pm. I ate just to eat to my minimum calories for the day of 1450. So I ended the night with well under my calories for the day.
  • shaymonieq
    shaymonieq Posts: 22 Member
    Yes it does make me feel a little sick sometimes. So when I feel like that I will have some turkey bacon and I feel better.
  • Bump to read later
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    I'm back from my holiday & plan to try this tomorrow in tea. I will let you know how I get on.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    um, ok, I made this with coconut oil, butter, stevia & strong tea but I can't get it down. It's to emulsified, if you know what I mean.

Does anyone know a way to cut through that?
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Has everyone fallen of the BPC wagon? LOL!
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member

Nope - I drink it daily.
  • 3rdxacharm
    3rdxacharm Posts: 377 Member
    um, ok, I made this with coconut oil, butter, stevia & strong tea but I can't get it down. It's to emulsified, if you know what I mean.

Does anyone know a way to cut through that?

Are you using a frother or blender to mix your BPT? I wouldn't recommend just stirring with a spoon as the fat does not incorporate well with the coffee (or tea in this case).

And I drink BPC 5 days a week for about 6 months now :drinker:
  • Has everyone fallen of the BPC wagon? LOL!
    Still going strong. Even figured out how to take it with me on business travel and have it in my Starbucks medium roast drip in the AM :-D
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Still going strong. Even figured out how to take it with me on business travel and have it in my Starbucks medium roast drip in the AM :-D

I am going to try this tomorrow morning. I've been gathering my ingredients all week. How have you managed to make this a travel item? I wouldn't mind figuring out how to take this to work with me without having to bring a blender to work. LOL!
  • I mix the oil, butter and cocoa together, then put it in a small Tupperware container. It cools and becomes solid. I get a Grande Starbucks medium roast drip coffee and spoon the mix into it. It melts and I stir it together. Then I stick a straw through the lid of the cup and have breakfast :-)
  • cheryl3660
    I mix the oil, butter and cocoa together, then put it in a small Tupperware container. It cools and becomes solid. I get a Grande Starbucks medium roast drip coffee and spoon the mix into it. It melts and I stir it together. Then I stick a straw through the lid of the cup and have breakfast :-)

Ah, I see, so you're able to get it with a good stir (and good HOT coffee) and not having to use the blender at all.
  • cheryl3660
    So I tried this for the first time on Saturday. I got up early, made my coffee and then spent 4 hours cleaning. LOL! I guess that's good. All in all, I had a pretty productive day.

Since I've been having trouble replacing my latte (as I find most coffee too bitter), I think I'll stick with this. I upped my unsweetened cocoa to two tablespoons and added 1 packet of Splenda. I may buy some sugar free vanilla syrup in the future and use a pump or two of that instead of the Splenda.
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    Here's my guide on making a batch of this, that you can also travel with. It has really shortened our morning routine.

http://imgur.com/a/YYLwF
  • rhlnda
    rhlnda Posts: 17 Member
    bump