Woman should make the first move?

Options

Replies

• Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    This thread is awesomely funny. Top tier, I'd say.

Look, I'm overweight, nearly 35 and totally not on the awesome list financially or career wise. Yet I get at least flirted with or hit on a lot. I smile, make jokes, maintain eye contact and am friendly/approachable. Have (in my opinion) done the best I can with what nature gave me and am on way to developing better body and self esteem...yay me! But that is only one way to do it. Not the "best" way and not even necessarily the easiest way for everyone. We are all different.

But at the end of the day.. let's cut all the rules, judgments and the tier bullsh*t. We are all worthy of being loved. Right now. Exactly as we are.

Now go and read "The Gifts of Imperfection" - Brene Brown. You're welcome.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    But at the end of the day.. let's cut all the rules, judgments and the tier bullsh*t. We are all worthy of being loved. Right now. Exactly as we are.

Thank you. :drinker:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    LOL oh goodness..... Ok boy and girls here it goes....

I get appraoched and make myself approachable (I.E. walk up and stand next to the guy at a bar and order a drink ) Make a little eye cantact , nod ,smile and say hi.. .Thats it YOU HAVE MAGICALLY APPRAOCHED SOMEONE.....
    Thank you Jen, finally someone that gets it. You can't sit in the corner surrounded by 20 friends and expect to be approached. You have to be accessible.

I do all that and I don't consider myself top tier but I am not bottom tier either and never get hit on or asked out. I am actually more approachable, more smily, more out going that friends I have that I would consider to be similar in looks and they get hit on and asked out all the time. Really two of them stood in a corner at the NYE party and talked to eachother while I mingled and talked to people and they had guys hitting on them. Maybe I am too much of a social butterfly.

I'm the same way...with my friends I usually don't think they're much more attractive then me, but they all get hit on and I'm just chilling like this is awkward. Not sure why. I don't put out "f-off" vibes as far as I know.

Christine observe what they are doing diffenrently from you.... Are you dressed extremely different(I'm not saying dress like a skank but don't dress like their aunt either) Also body language ,body language, body language, your post makes you sound like you were uncomfortable and I bet that comes through in your body language. Pull those shoulders back, Sit up strainght and tilt your head a little ,,,, IT all helps
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options

I get appraoched and make myself approachable (I.E. walk up and stand next to the guy at a bar and order a drink ) Make a little eye cantact , nod ,smile and say hi.. .Thats it YOU HAVE MAGICALLY APPRAOCHED SOMEONE.....
    Thank you Jen, finally someone that gets it. You can't sit in the corner surrounded by 20 friends and expect to be approached. You have to be accessible.

I do all that and I don't consider myself top tier but I am not bottom tier either and never get hit on or asked out. I am actually more approachable, more smily, more out going that friends I have that I would consider to be similar in looks and they get hit on and asked out all the time. Really two of them stood in a corner at the NYE party and talked to eachother while I mingled and talked to people and they had guys hitting on them. Maybe I am too much of a social butterfly.

I'm the same way...with my friends I usually don't think they're much more attractive then me, but they all get hit on and I'm just chilling like this is awkward. Not sure why. I don't put out "f-off" vibes as far as I know.

It might be the State. I've never had much luck in MN, and most of my past gf were transplants from other states. MN nice my *kitten*!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

It might be the State. I've never had much luck in MN, and most of my past gf were transplants from other states. MN nice my *kitten*!!

HAHAH I am the opposite. Even my last BF was a long distance thing with a MN guy.
  • poncho33
    Options

HAHAH I am the opposite. Even my last BF was a long distance thing with a MN guy.

All I know is that I'm dog food to the MN gals... I go to any other state and I'm Prime Rib! I guess the girl I'm currently seeing is born and bread MN, so maybe there is hope!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

All I know is that I'm dog food to the MN gals... I go to any other state and I'm Prime Rib! I guess the girl I'm currently seeing is born and bread MN, so maybe there is hope!

Always one exception to the rule poncho lol
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

See here is the thing. MN guys stick out to me so if you are out of state you will stick out from the other states casts offs but if you are in state then you blend in.
  • poncho33
    Options

See here is the thing. MN guys stick out to me so if you are out of state you will stick out from the other states casts offs but if you are in state then you blend in.

We do tend to have shorts and sandles on anytime we're near a beach... even if it's 40 degrees in Florida, I can see how we stick out.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options

We do tend to have shorts and sandles on anytime we're near a beach... even if it's 40 degrees in Florida, I can see how we stick out.

Hahahahaha love it.

I love Minnesota guys...they don't love me back.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

All I know is that I'm dog food to the MN gals...

You just need to find a b*tch that will gobble you up!

I'm in San Diego, everyone is a transplant here!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Actually, 2 girls talking to each other is probably more approachable than 1 girl talking to a lot of different people. It's actually easier for a group of guys to approach a group of girls than for one guy to approach one girl. The lone social butterfly is a wild card, I might assume she's more interested in hanging out with her friends as opposed to meeting guys.

If I'm one off, I prefer a girl alone. If I'm working a room with another guy, approaching a two set is easier, though a two set is by no means that arduous of a task for a guy who is without a wingman.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Last Friday I went out by myself. I sat at the bar ,by myself (was haning withthe female bartenders) I got appraoched by 4 different men orrering me and drink and some conversation. Now none of these men where my type so I made sure I had a full drink right there and politely declined the drink ( I will not take a drink from a guy I'm not interested in flirting with) Also to make sure they looked good to theire friends I kept the banter light and friendly but not overly flirty so the gentlemen could retreat with some grace. Nothing makes a man look worse then crash and burning in front of his friends.

Also make friends with your bartenders, Think of them as an extended group of wingmen/women... Use the resoucres people

This has been my experience as well. Anytime I see a women going to a bar solo, she seems to get swamped by potential suitors. They get swamped so often, that is why some won't go to a bar alone.

Yo tambien.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Isn't the man supposed to ask the woman out?
    Yes, they are.
    I am sorry, in that I am going to betray the biggest secret of all times, my fellow male brothers... It is likely to get me killed, but here goes.

What you have never heard before. At the age of 5, all men receive a book with a leather cover and its title written in Gold letters: "The Man's book".
    When you receive this book, your male mentor (who can be your father or any other male adult) looks at you in the eyes solemnly while pronouncing an incantation in an ancient language.

Anyway, in this book, you learn about the Rules. All the rules of manliness are explained in detail, with enough pictures of Emos to scare even the bravest man who would begin to think about deviating from "the Path".
    There are even lots of suggestions for the unimaginative man and tons of advice: "compare pen!s size in the toilets : the rules of the game", "watch football with male friends (the annoying boyfriend)", playing video games like a man (in the latest edition), "the proper @ss slap - a guide to practice on random girls", "The theory of Five: the 5 recommended ways to pee", "start a campfire effortlessly", "how to look good with power tools and a tool belt", "my first razor", "Horror movie: behave!", "How to cheat without being noticed (online dating addendum)", "Tears: when are they acceptable" and many more... (all these techniques are described with details, maps and examples of conversations). All men look in this book for guidance in difficult times.
    There is even a section where Noble professions are described: fireman, policeman, attorney, truck driver, hunter...

Now, in the dating section, rule 107.3.b clearly states (and the other men will be able to confirm this hopefully!) that:
    "æþelingas bieldu ġefrūnon!" - There are a variety of interpretations, but the most common one tells us that "The noble man finds courage to ask!". So yes. It is there. Black on white!

Which makes me think that the men you have met might be part of "The Dissidence", a movement considered as having greatly contributed to the global loss of manliness (supporting the aforementioned Emo movement, and many other unmanly practices such as "Jean Paul Gaultier make up for man"). The simple thought makes me shiver.
    Rest assured however that the Manliness Police is tracking those puny dissidents and they are regularly taken to reforming facilities where they are taught things as they should be. Things are going to be in order soon.
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Things are going to be in order soon.

Thank Goodness. All this non regulation Peeing and sub par *kitten* slapping is endangering the ozone layer.
    "æþelingas bieldu ġefrūnon!"

hebkjewk rdytw klj;j5amn

(I broke the man code)
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Yes, they are.
    I am sorry, in that I am going to betray the biggest secret of all times, my fellow male brothers... It is likely to get me killed, but here goes.

What you have never heard before. At the age of 5, all men receive a book with a leather cover and its title written in Gold letters: "The Man's book".

Glory. Pure glory.

Rest assured however that the Manliness Police is tracking those puny dissidents and they are regularly taken to reforming facilities where they are taught things as they should be. Things are going to be in order soon.

I want this framed on my wall.
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options

If I'm one off, I prefer a girl alone. If I'm working a room with another guy, approaching a two set is easier, though a two set is by no means that arduous of a task for a guy who is without a wingman.

WTF does all of that mean? Sounds like a lecture in science lab or maybe some advanced financial stats ****.

These last few threads about men being chicken or who should approach whom etc make me weep with loss of faith for the human race. Its not that damn tough for men or women, just get off your *kitten*, walk up to someone and say "Hi my name is Lance Malibu"

Approaching people, exchanging phone numbers, making a date, hitting on a man or woman, all those things are easy...in fact I bet ALL of us on this site would agree, the approach is the easiest part of any relationship.

I think our own brains are getting in the way, when we start talking about a two set or top tier or body language etc etc maybe we make it too complicated and instead of approaching someone we retreat to the world of single peeps or some other place we can socialize without ever being in the same room with another human.

Lets stop making mountains out of molehills...

ETA typos
  • Daisy_Cutter_
    Daisy_Cutter_ Posts: 386 Member
    Options

WTF does all of that mean? Sounds like a lecture in science lab or maybe some advanced financial stats ****.

These last few threads about men being chicken or who should approach whom etc make me weep with loss of faith for the human race. Its not that damn tough for men or women, just get off your *kitten*, walk up to someone and say "Hi my name is Lance Malibu"

Approaching people, exchanging phone numbers, making a date, hitting on a man or woman, all those things are easy...in fact I bet ALL of us on this site would agree, the approach is the easiest part of any relationship.

I think our own brains are getting in the way, when we start talking about a two set or top tier or body language etc etc maybe we make it too complicated and instead of approaching someone we retreat to the world of single peeps or some other place we can socialize without ever being in the same room with another human.

Lets stop making mountains out of molehills...

ETA typos

I agree 100% Stop worrying, people! I flirt/talk/approach men daily. I kind of have to as my job is to be around men all day. I definitely don't over-think things. If I flirt and I get a positive signal... I go with it.

I was flirting pretty heavy with a guy right before Christmas and I told another friend to watch.. I bet he tries to get my phone number. Probably an hour later he asked me to text him a pic of something on the site. LOL (sly move heheheee) He's been texting me ever since. LOL
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Yes, they are.

When you receive this book, your male mentor (who can be your father or any other male adult) looks at you in the eyes solemnly while pronouncing an incantation in an ancient language.

Anyway, in this book, you learn about the Rules. All the rules of manliness are explained in detail, with enough pictures of Emos to scare even the bravest man who would begin to think about deviating from "the Path".
    There are even lots of suggestions for the unimaginative man and tons of advice: "compare pen!s size in the toilets : the rules of the game", "watch football with male friends (the annoying boyfriend)", playing video games like a man (in the latest edition), "the proper @ss slap - a guide to practice on random girls", "The theory of Five: the 5 recommended ways to pee", "start a campfire effortlessly", "how to look good with power tools and a tool belt", "my first razor", "Horror movie: behave!", "How to cheat without being noticed (online dating addendum)", "Tears: when are they acceptable" and many more... (all these techniques are described with details, maps and examples of conversations). All men look in this book for guidance in difficult times.
    There is even a section where Noble professions are described: fireman, policeman, attorney, truck driver, hunter...

Now, in the dating section, rule 107.3.b clearly states (and the other men will be able to confirm this hopefully!) that:
    "æþelingas bieldu ġefrūnon!" - There are a variety of interpretations, but the most common one tells us that "The noble man finds courage to ask!". So yes. It is there. Black on white!

Which makes me think that the men you have met might be part of "The Dissidence", a movement considered as having greatly contributed to the global loss of manliness (supporting the aforementioned Emo movement, and many other unmanly practices such as "Jean Paul Gaultier make up for man"). The simple thought makes me shiver.

Flim, I think I :heart: you!
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I agree 100% Stop worrying, people! I flirt/talk/approach men daily. I kind of have to as my job is to be around men all day. I definitely don't over-think things. If I flirt and I get a positive signal... I go with it.
    I remember I was lacking courage with girls at OP's age. But yeah, there is no reason not to go for the throat!