Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Woman should make the first move?

Replies

• FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Flim, that was awesome. I need that framed as well, thanks..... :)

Edited for stupid typo.....
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    So any woman who makes the first move is automatically an Ogre simple because she made the move to begin with?

I knew at least one woman would try to twist this around and be personally insulted. No. You have your causation running backwards. A woman does not become an ogre because she asked a guy out. She is an ogre and therefore had to ask the guy out because it's the only possible way she is going to get a date.

There are exceptions but I think it's fairly accurate. Most women (probably 70%) who have ever asked me out has been 1) morbidly obese, and/or 2) borderline retarded, and/or 3) looked like a crack *kitten*.

YES. This x 100.

I get this all the time with online dating. Any girl that has ever e-mailed or winked at me first on an online dating site has always fallen into categories 1 and 3. These women would always be entirely too chicken to ever approach me in real life.. but they get "keyboard courage" when they have a internet connection. Needless to say it never worked.

I end up doing the approaching and have always found quality dates (had one last night and another one set up on Saturday). I'm sure other guys might have different opinions, but anytime a girl has ever initiated anything with me, I've been completely disinterested.

Let the guy make the first move unless you're contacting a guy in the same tier as you.
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    YES. This x 100.

I get this all the time with online dating. Any girl that has ever e-mailed or winked at me first on an online dating site has always fallen into categories 1 and 3. These women would always be entirely too chicken to ever approach me in real life.. but they get "keyboard courage" when they have a internet connection. Needless to say it never worked.

so, if i winked at you online, which of those categories would i fall into?
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    So any woman who makes the first move is automatically an Ogre simple because she made the move to begin with?

I knew at least one woman would try to twist this around and be personally insulted. No. You have your causation running backwards. A woman does not become an ogre because she asked a guy out. She is an ogre and therefore had to ask the guy out because it's the only possible way she is going to get a date.

There are exceptions but I think it's fairly accurate. Most women (probably 70%) who have ever asked me out has been 1) morbidly obese, and/or 2) borderline retarded, and/or 3) looked like a crack *kitten*.

YES. This x 100.

I end up doing the approaching and have always found quality dates (had one last night and another one set up on Saturday). I'm sure other guys might have different opinions, but anytime a girl has ever initiated anything with me, I've been completely disinterested.

Let the guy make the first move unless you're contacting a guy in the same tier as you.

My experiences have been similar to Brightwell and Mike. Category 1 has been most common with me. The women who have approached me online haven't been remotely close to what I look for. Real life has been the same way.

I would be open to a woman's approach if the woman were what I was looking for.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,923 Member

YES. This x 100.

I hate to play devil's advocate here Mike, but what tier do you feel you are in?
  • MikeM53082
    I hate to play devil's advocate here Mike, but what tier do you feel you are in?

Fair question..I'm mid tier.

Most women would give me a 7/10. I expect to date a women who's at least a 7/10 as well.

I don't think this is terribly complex.
  • MikeM53082
    My experiences have been similar to Brightwell and Mike. Category 1 has been most common with me. The women who have approached me online haven't been remotely close to what I look for. Real life has been the same way.

I would be open to a woman's approach if the woman were what I was looking for.

But that NEVER happens (at least not to me). It's almost easier to just have men approach women. It just seems more natural too.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,923 Member
    We are constantly talking about "tiers" around here but no one wants to (except Mike, because I called him out of it) wants to really say where they think they fall. Since I don't go around asking people how attractive they think I am, I have no clue what others think and I feel that it would depend on what a guy is attracted too to determine my "tier". If you are a leg man, I'm a 9. If you like shorter, petite women, I'm a 2.
  • MikeM53082
    If you are a leg man, I'm a 9. If you like shorter, petite women, I'm a 2.

Doesn't work like that at all. Unless they are a complete fetishist, most guys would give you a similar rating.
  • 4themoney
    i like how he completely ignored my question, LOL!!

i wouldn't approach mike online or in person, because i am simply not attracted to him at all.

rating/ scales is purely subjective. what *I* find attractive and interesting is not what someone else is going to find attractive and interesting. using famous people and models as your " control" group is inaccurate too, because they have a TEAM of people working for them, for the pure sake of LOOKING GOOD!

a girlfriend of mine, is "top tier" in my opinion. she is my height, size 4, C cup boobies ( she bought them after college), really pretty face ( looks years younger than her 40yrs), long straight brown hair. MOST guys want her. the guy she is totally gaga for, is not "all that". he's not that attractive, IN MY OPINION, and he's really heavy ( big ole' beer belly!) especially compared to her. but, that's who she wants!!! she and i have such different tastes when it comes to guys.

that's why i think it's so lame to say things like "top tier" and rating people. maybe guys all see women the exact same way and therefore they can rate across the board, but i doubt it's the same for women. i could be wrong though. maybe i'm the oddball in all of this ;-)
  • MikeM53082
    i like how he completely ignored my question, LOL!!

i wouldn't approach mike online or in person, because i am simply not attracted to him at all.

rating/ scales is purely subjective. what *I* find attractive and interesting is not what someone else is going to find attractive and interesting. using famous people and models as your " control" group is inaccurate too, because they have a TEAM of people working for them, for the pure sake of LOOKING GOOD!

a girlfriend of mine, is "top tier" in my opinion. she is my height, size 4, C cup boobies ( she bought them after college), really pretty face ( looks years younger than her 40yrs), long straight brown hair. MOST guys want her. the guy she is totally gaga for, is not "all that". he's not that attractive, IN MY OPINION, and he's really heavy ( big ole' beer belly!) especially compared to her. but, that's who she wants!!! she and i have such different tastes when it comes to guys.

that's why i think it's so lame to say things like "top tier" and rating people. maybe guys all see women the exact same way and therefore they can rate across the board, but i doubt it's the same for women. i could be wrong though. maybe i'm the oddball in all of this ;-)

I think my "no response" says it all.
  • DMZ_1

Doesn't work like that at all. Unless they are a complete fetishist, most guys would give you a similar rating.

This.

Most men are not fetishists.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member

This.

So you are saying that all guys have the same taste in women? That if you put 100 guys in the same room with 100 women and asked them to rank the women they would all rank the women the same way?
  • MikeM53082

This.

So you are saying that all guys have the same taste in women? That if you put 100 guys in the same room with 100 women and asked them to rank the women they would all rank the women the same way?

Might not be exact.. but it'd be pretty damn close.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,307 Member

This.

Based on nothing more then initial appearances the same would apply the other way too,most would find the same guys attractive,others generally less so and some not at all.
    It doesn`t mean anything more then that.
    I don`t get the worry about this from so many,it is a simple reality and at that point so what?
    We are who we are and what we are so make the most of it and not get hung up on that there are millions of guys more attractive then me and so on.

Everyone always says "love yourself" well just do it then and make the most one can be and accept that sure,some aspects are going to be different,yes (the horror) even better or easier at times for someone else.
    Okay great for them and without a doubt sometimes what is easier now proves to be a headache or heartache later,such is life.

We can`t have discussions if simple realities have to be kept quiet,whether a person lets those realties undo them is their own issue to ponder.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member

This.

That surprises me.

The guys I find attractive are not the guys my friends find attractive. I have had crushes where my friends are like "him? Really?" And they have had crushes I find unattractive.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,252 Member

This.

That surprises me.

The guys I find attractive are not the guys my friends find attractive. I have had crushes where my friends are like "him? Really?" And they have had crushes I find unattractive.

Yet most women (& men) lust over the same actor/actresses.. That what helps make those people famous. Most of the people you crush on (again not you specefically therorertical you) you now there personallity so why they might not be everyones cup of tea physically you have the 1 -up, the cheat code if you will of knowing them in a way alot of people might not.....
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member

This.

That surprises me.

I disagree with this. Everyone's tastes are different. As christine24t said, what one finds attractive, another may not and vice-versa.
  • DMZ_1

This.

You could get a reasonable consensus.
  • 4themoney
    this is why i have to believe that this is another area men and women are very different in.

i know for a FACT that 100 men in a room and my friend ( that i put above) and i would definitely NOT rate them the same. in fact most of my friends and i wouldn't agree on where they fall.