March Check-in&Chat - Green beer to fuel your lifts!

Replies

• Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member

I must have strained it on Tuesday doing donkey kicks...it totally freaked me out...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I totally read that as Donkey Tricks, and was gonna asked how those were done, bwahahaha!!!!!! :glasses:

After I got home, ate a little, shopped a little (I grabbed portabello caps and am going to make a nummy lunch out of them tomorrow), took a cat nap, I woke up not hating everyone in the world, and I'm feeling ridiculously good today.

oh yeah, well I hate you for getting a nap....jk..lol
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    No sleep and minimal working at work is the only way to keep up here.

Hi erhower and ho!

I :heart: tats. I only have a small one on my shoulder but I have plans for another if I can get the rolls under control.

My gym is 24 hours during the week and 7-7 on the weekends. They advertise that they're 24 hours, though. Liars.

As always: great numbers, sexy backs, and hot legs!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    FWIW, it was only about 20 minutes...I had DVR'd "Stranded" and "Haunted Collector" and Collector bored me to sleep, LOL...
  • juliemouse83
    Hi everyone!! I am new here also, starting Stronglifts tomorrow :smile: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
    placement is the hardest part! I know I want my other foot done, the insides of my wrists, something on my back, maybe something on my ribs....maybe even a tramp stamp once I get my bikini body! So many tats, not enough classy spots :laugh:

You sound like me... I have two, wrist and foot, but soooo many planned out it is crazy!! Good thing they cost $$$, or else I would probably be covered :smile:

Hi, erhower! I don't know how I missed this...Welcome! :):flowerforyou:
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Helloooooooooo erhower and ho!!! I usually miss greeting the new people because I'm typing on my iPad and it blows.

I had a total gym-math fail yesterday. I ended up doing what I thought was my work set of 150...but it was 135, so I did deads like this:
    5 reps 65 lbs
    4 reps 95 lbs
    5 reps 135
    5 reps 150
    THEN I played a volleyball game last night. My *kitten* is killing me. :laugh:

I love tats as well, one of the reasons why I'm trying to get all buff is so that I can get a big-*kitten* back piece this summer for my 40th birthday.
  • hofosho1020
    hofosho1020 Posts: 179
    Thanks for all the hellos, everyone!! This is the first board here that I have even liked to post on. : ) Back to work...the youth of America are waiting...
  • juliemouse83
    cannotmath.jpg

Not sure if this will work...
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Okay I'm going to try.

946af193-377e-48f7-a045-9599bba2f82b_zpse6ef7cfa.jpg
  • hsnider29
    Frig its huge!
  • chunkmunk
    chunkmunk Posts: 221 Member

And still trying to wrap my head around a 24hour fitness not open 24 hours. Perhaps they should call it "mostly 24 hour fitness".

This makes me chuckle.
  • juliemouse83
    Okay I'm going to try.

IMG_1339_zps0f679966.jpg

Nice! (Back and ink) :smile:
  • hsnider29
    Thanks! I've been at this for about 2 months. I'm still at about 33% body fat so I have a long way to go. I wish I could make it smaller. I'm not sure why it's so big.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Okay I'm going to try.
    IMG_1339_zps0f679966.jpg

You look great and such a small waist! Very Nice.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    So I had a fantastic workout this morning....wrapped up week 1 of cycle 2 and it felt great. The nice thing about this deload that i did between cycles is that it really has given me a chance to go back and REALLY concentrate on form again, shorter rest periods and a whole bunch of badda$$ery!

W1C2 (this is my shortcut for Week 1, Cycle 2 :laugh: )

Squat 5x5 @ 125#
    Bench 5x5 @ 62#
    Row 5x5 @ 75# (God I :heart: these now!)
    Dead 1x5 @ 125#
    OHP 5x5 @ 50#

Bad news Friday though.....decided to hop on my new fancy scale....thinking that now that I have one that goes by decimal rather than just whole numbers, well, I might see some changes. Oh yeah, I did alright. 2.5# up since Saturday. WTF. I know this is not fat.....I have been at 1800 cal or less all week. I probably had to poop or something but EFF this is frustrating!

I think I have to work on accepting the fact that maybe I will never "weigh" less. I thought that at some point these last 20 would come off :sad:

@hsnider....beautiful back lady!
  • hsnider29
    Thanks! The scale is so frustrating!!! Are you doing two weeks of deload?
  • hofosho1020
    hofosho1020 Posts: 179
    I am dealing with the same crap with the scale. I can't seem to shake the last 15lbs, and as much as I know that number doesn't matter, it bugs the hell out of me!!

I am in my smaller jeans today though...not back to where I was this time last year, but better than a month ago! It's a whole change in perspective that I am trying reallllly hard to make!
  • chunkmunk
    chunkmunk Posts: 221 Member
    @Soos I'm really late to the party but I see a HUGE difference in your progress pics. Awesome job!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    I just did one week of deload and then on Monday I started cycle 2 of SL but using my deloaded weights as a starting point....so essentially I will be working my way back up. The only lifts that really impacted though were the squat and dead because my upper body lifts weren't heavy enough to warrant a full deload...plus it's the area that I need the most work, so I only took off a measly 5lbs!

I'm not letting myself get too bummed about the scale...I know it's not fat. I will wait until 4 weeks to take measurements and pics again so hopefully I see changes elsewhere :smile:
  • Eugh clinic is so empy today... I'm just wasting time so I thought I'd post my #'s from workout yesterday. Got to use the 25 # plates for the first time! :happy:

Squat: 95
    Bench: 60
    Pendlay Row: 55

Soooo very excited to break 100 on my squats next time! triple digits baby!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    I think I have to work on accepting the fact that maybe I will never "weigh" less. I thought that at some point these last 20 would come off :sad:

I've absolutely been there, for the record. I spent about 6 months there, got kind of "well *kitten* it then" ate what I wanted for a few months, but .... Just giving myself a measured break and then recommitting in January, and being a lot more regimented, has actually helped me. I think. I feel like I can lose 5 lbs now. Not 10 or 15, but 5, and since I spent a lot of last year resigned to nothing, 5 sounds pretty good.

And by regimented I just mean, I'm logging strictly, i'm forcing myself to take weeks at maintenance on a regular basis, and I have my cals set pretty high (but in exchange I know I have ot be strict, and that really helps me for whatever reason)