March Check-in&Chat - Green beer to fuel your lifts!

Replies

• HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    barely over a week and rolled already?? I dont know that I ca keep up.....

missing over a week of workout really sucked as I have a really bad case of DOMS of the quads... my birthday was a few days ago and I didnt get to celebrate.... my better half is taking me to jazz concert with my brother in law and his wife.... Can you say DATE NIGHT!! I plan on doing a little drinking and definitely dessert ( havent had sweets in over 8 months) ....
    so today is cardio day ( 5K run plus 5K biking).... tomorrow is swimming lessons but I think Im also going to to SL "B" day with a massive deload...just to keep the fat burning mode on high for the day.....

Sunday I will drink plenty of water and eat clean ( I do salads in mason jar....my fave being baby spinach, quinoa, salmon, white beans, carrots, vinegarette) for a few days......

ETA: I went to ****'s sporting goods earlier and senility set it...could not remember WTH I went for....it was the foam roller..... hopefully I remember later when I go back that way
  • Soosannah
    Soosannah Posts: 270 Member

missing over a week of workout really sucked as I have a really bad case of DOMS of the quads... my birthday was a few days ago and I didnt get to celebrate.... my better half is taking me to jazz concert with my brother in law and his wife.... Can you say DATE NIGHT!! I plan on doing a little drinking and definitely dessert ( havent had sweets in over 8 months) ....
    so today is cardio day ( 5K run plus 5K biking).... tomorrow is swimming lessons but I think Im also going to to SL "B" day with a massive deload...just to keep the fat burning mode on high for the day.....

Sunday I will drink plenty of water and eat clean ( I do salads in mason jar....my fave being baby spinach, quinoa, salmon, white beans, carrots, vinegarette) for a few days......

ETA: I went to ****'s sporting goods earlier and senility set it...could not remember WTH I went for....it was the foam roller..... hopefully I remember later when I go back that way

Happy belated birthday!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    I think I have to work on accepting the fact that maybe I will never "weigh" less. I thought that at some point these last 20 would come off :sad:

I've absolutely been there, for the record. I spent about 6 months there, got kind of "well *kitten* it then" ate what I wanted for a few months, but .... Just giving myself a measured break and then recommitting in January, and being a lot more regimented, has actually helped me. I think. I feel like I can lose 5 lbs now. Not 10 or 15, but 5, and since I spent a lot of last year resigned to nothing, 5 sounds pretty good.

And by regimented I just mean, I'm logging strictly, i'm forcing myself to take weeks at maintenance on a regular basis, and I have my cals set pretty high (but in exchange I know I have ot be strict, and that really helps me for whatever reason)

Well this is the frustrating thing though....I do log consistently. Every bloody day. Everything I eat. After my break in mid-January I went to 2000 cal/day and now I'm down to 1800 as per ETP recommendation at the beginning of January (the 2000 was not their recommendation, but what I wanted to do). The crap thing is that I don't know if it's the program or the Mirena. Oh well I will just carry on and see what happens in measurements in 3 weeks. Like I said...I know it's not fat....there is no way I ate 10,000 calories OVER maintenance in 6 days!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Happy Belated Birthday Hiit!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Happy birthday, HIIT!!!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    cannotmath.jpg

All day, errday.

Happy Birthday, HIIT!
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Happy Birthday HIIT....date night sounds fun!!!1
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member

Happy birthday!! Hopefully you're feeling better and you'll have a great time!
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Did someone mention legs?

8540313216_33395e6662.jpg

@HIIT Happy Birthday!
  • juliemouse83

8540313216_33395e6662.jpg

@HIIT Happy Birthday!

//wolf whistling LOUDLY//

Damn, that gam! Nice!!!! I'd like a pair of those, as well. :tongue:
  • juliemouse83
    Ok...it's been twenty hours since my workout last night. Since that time, DOMS has come to visit me. And in the weirdest place: my wrists and inside of my very lower arms. dafuq? That's new.

Anyone else every get that?
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member

Hubba hubba!

Ok...it's been twenty hours since my workout last night. Since that time, DOMS has come to visit me. And in the weirdest place: my wrists and inside of my very lower arms. dafuq? That's new.

I do sometimes. I stretch my lower arms (sounds weird) by putting my palm face up and pulling down on my fingers so the wrist bends back. It gets my lower, inner arm.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Happy birthday Hiit!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member

I do sometimes. I stretch my lower arms (sounds weird) by putting my palm face up and pulling down on my fingers so the wrist bends back. It gets my lower, inner arm.
    [/quote]

Yeah - that stretch works really well - you canalso put your hands flat against the wall and just lean into them.

If you deadlifted it could just be from the gripping. If you benched ... make sure you're holding the bar more towards the base of your palm, not close to your fingers.
  • juliemouse83

Yeah - that stretch works really well - you canalso put your hands flat against the wall and just lean into them.

If you deadlifted it could just be from the gripping. If you benched ... make sure you're holding the bar more towards the base of your palm, not close to your fingers.
    [/quote]

Yuppers...deadlift it was, tameko...I didn't notice it until this afternoon. Will do that stretch beforehand next time. Thanks, y'all. :)
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Tameko, that's a great stretch for forearms! If you do it finger by finger, it hits every bit of the wrist and forearm too--I had my kids do it all week between their testing.

Xidia--your leg looks like it's playing peek-a-boo!
  • zorreena
    zorreena Posts: 267 Member
    I'm in this same boat with DOMS. IT band is killing me. Foam roller is killing me BUT I know it's good. What's not killing me LIFTING! I'm living through foam roller, stretching three times a day and trying to warm up my body without doing cardio because I wanna be bada$$ and get to my body weight on squats! I just feel so rockin seeing the progress I'm making!

I've taken to treating the brisk half mile walk to the gym as my warm-up, mostly because I'm too lazy to do "proper" cardio in the mornings when I know I'm running in the evening.

Keep going with the foamroller, and if it isn't getting better after a few days, go see a doctor.

Finally some relief today. Not as tight. Ill just keep trying to build in stuff that helps stretch out the muscles.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member

Yeah, I love that stretch. It was a good aikido stretch. I found out I have crazy flexible wrists and shoulders, but only against aikido locks. Took me for ever to be able to hold the bar without pain for squats.

I keep saying I need to give yoga a try and never do. Hmm...
  • hofosho1020
    hofosho1020 Posts: 179
    A good down-dog flow would help that wrist pain too!

Also, I just posted a back pic as my "before". That was hard to do for a variety of reasons LOL.
  • Imadarkswan
    Imadarkswan Posts: 113 Member
    This thread goes WAY to fast for me to keep up!