March Check-in&Chat - Green beer to fuel your lifts!

Options

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Ok guys. 5 days. Roll it again. I dare you!
    Watch it, we might take you up on that.
    Maybe...
    :laugh:
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Maybe...

It doesn't count if it you do it this way.

Or I dunno. Maybe it does. Does it?
  • auddii
    Options
    Maybe...

You gave no rules to the dare. But point taken. :smile: Of course as a mod, you could always go deleting my pointless posts. (Not all of them are pointless, I swear! :laugh:)
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    C-c-c-combo breaker. Was that enough c's?
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    165x4 squats tonight. Was meant to do 5 but..... it just didn't happen.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options

Watsa matter? 660 pounds not enough for ya? :bigsmile:

My muscles are cramping just thinking about having to deal with that kind of number. Yikes! Getting positively into beast mode territory. :flowerforyou:
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your race, Xidia!

Great going, Fisherlassie!!

Everyone keep up the great work!

Yesterday I had a workout.

85 lb squats went fine

OHP was like this: 20x5, 20x5, 45x5, 50 3x5, 45x5 I sure need my fractionals LOL, but I am making progress each time with either reps or weight, it's just slow and embarrassing. I did my last set of 50, started unracking the teensy 2 1/2 pounders, and the guy who was waiting thought I was finished :blushing: "No, no, dude, I couldn't handle dem 2 1/2 pounders and had to deload, I still got one more set to go" :sad: Bummer. Almost as embarrassing as falling under 60 pounds while squatting!

Deads were fine at 140

After I was finished I felt like dogsh!t. Not fibormyalgia dogsh!t, just rundown and burned out dogsh!t. I've been feeling progressively worse over the month of March and I don't even want to go for a walk or stretch on my rest days any more. All I have energy for is weightlifting every other day and dragging my butt to my deskjob. So I've decided to take a diet break for the next few days, until April 1. Then I'll see how I feel. I'll still do my workouts, maybe some increased calories will help my workouts and that in turn will motivate me. But I will tell you, I don't like spending my time feeling like death warmed over :wink:
  • glwerth
    glwerth Posts: 335 Member
    Options

Wow, that is amazing!
  • kirabob
    kirabob Posts: 481 Member
    Options

Wow, that is amazing!

What she said.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Maybe...

You gave no rules to the dare. But point taken. :smile: Of course as a mod, you could always go deleting my pointless posts. (Not all of them are pointless, I swear! :laugh:)

This seems low enough impact...I'll help. :)

(Yes, I'm still cranky that I'm benched till at least Tuesday and can only do "low" impact things. What the hell kind of fun is that?)
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options

Jeebus, Woman! That is just a few little pounds less than what I weigh! I was thinking I was all grades of badass squatting 95, LOL...
  • auddii
    Options

Jeebus, Woman! That is just a few little pounds less than what I weigh! I was thinking I was all grades of badass squatting 95, LOL...

Ha, tell me about it, I weigh so much more than she does and she shames us all. Considering the bulk my legs carry around all day, you'd think I could squat more than 90...
  • chunkmunk
    chunkmunk Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Tameko, I'm dreaming of squatting 165. But . . . . I finally feel like I might at some point attain that dream, as I've gotten over my 115 plateau and not only hit 120, but nailed 125 3 x 5 last night. Progress feels SO GOOD!

Also eased through bench at 80, 3 x 5, and rows at 75, 3 x 5. In short, it was an awesome workout.

So question for all you ladies (and lurker gents): I moved to 3 x 5 partially because my body got tired and partially because I was mentally bored waiting in between all those sets. But I'm finding I would not mind doing 5 x 5 on everything except squats. Would it be ok to do 3 x 5 squats but 5 x 5 everything else? (except deads, of course, which would still be 1 x 5). Any thoughts?
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I made it through 5x5 OHP at 70 lbs this morning. RRRAAAAAAWWWWRRRRR!!!! I wasn't sure If I'd be able to since 65 felt pretty heavy last time. The last rep in the last couple sets were really tough, but I'm pretty sure that's how its supposed to work.

DL at 145--ugh. I'm so glad it's just one set.

I just love ready about everyone's progress!
  • auddii
    Options
    Tameko, I'm dreaming of squatting 165. But . . . . I finally feel like I might at some point attain that dream, as I've gotten over my 115 plateau and not only hit 120, but nailed 125 3 x 5 last night. Progress feels SO GOOD!

Also eased through bench at 80, 3 x 5, and rows at 75, 3 x 5. In short, it was an awesome workout.

So question for all you ladies (and lurker gents): I moved to 3 x 5 partially because my body got tired and partially because I was mentally bored waiting in between all those sets. But I'm finding I would not mind doing 5 x 5 on everything except squats. Would it be ok to do 3 x 5 squats but 5 x 5 everything else? (except deads, of course, which would still be 1 x 5). Any thoughts?

From what I understand of how SL was "designed", you move to 3x5 on different lifts independently based on your progress and failures. So, I'd say it's fine since a lot of people are probably doing some 3x5 and some 5x5.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options

From what I understand of how SL was "designed", you move to 3x5 on different lifts independently based on your progress and failures. So, I'd say it's fine since a lot of people are probably doing some 3x5 and some 5x5.

What auddii said! Just do what feels best to you :smile:

@Tameko....165 is serious business! Good job!

I got to 155 in my first cycle.....then I deloaded and now I'm at 140 and honestly 155 seems so far away :laugh: Progress is slower this time around....it's okay though, I'll get there again!
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    Re: 3x5 on some and 5x5 on others...
    My knees suck. So, when I started this cycle, I immediately did 3x5 on squats, and I only did barbell squats on my A days, and I did goblet squats on my B days (3x8.) I did 5x5 on everything else, except for deads, obviously. Rows were the first to drop to 3 sets, followed by OHP and then Bench. I made the decision based on how damn tired I was getting after my 3rd or 4th set. It's a totally individual decision...you know what works for your body!

I'm using this week to figure out my 1 rep max and then I'm switching to 5/3/1 (the tri template, I think) next week.

For my B workout my 1rpm was:
    goblet squats: 60
    OHP: 71 (I might have been able to get 72 or 73, but I didn't have all of my fractionals with me)
    Dead: 160 (I really did 3 reps but I really don't think I could have gone any higher.)

I'll get to the gym for A sometime before Monday and we'll see where I end.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    (Yes, I'm still cranky that I'm benched till at least Tuesday and can only do "low" impact things. What the hell kind of fun is that?)

Sorry. :flowerforyou:

My body is benching me today, it seems.

Blergh.

Boo.

Hiss.
  • glwerth
    glwerth Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    So, do you think that the fact that my sides and back (and shoulders) have all manner of muscle aches today means I really did the rows right? I'm hoping so.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    So, do you think that the fact that my sides and back (and shoulders) have all manner of muscle aches today means I really did the rows right? I'm hoping so.

LOL, prolly :bigsmile: Hope it eases up fast!