March Check-in&Chat - Green beer to fuel your lifts!

Options

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options

Squats - 110 kg (242 lbs)
    Bench Press - 65 kg (143 lbs)
    Barbell Row - 72.5 kg (159.5 lbs)
    Overhead Press - 42.5 kg (93.5 lbs)
    Deadlifts - 110 kg (242 lbs)

Two words: Holy *kitten*.

I know! I thought the same thing! Nex--You're awesome!
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options

^^ What she said.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options

Yep, that is some stuff there! You're my hero!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options

Yep, that is some stuff there! You're my hero!

Wow! Just WOW....I'm with Ges!
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options

Agreed. Impressive!
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Man you ladies are hard to keep up with...I am feeling old....anyway...

I had a mega refeed the other day as have been on deficit now for about six weeks. (I had a couple of minor refeeds at the 14 day marks in between, just so I was not tempted to binge, etc) They work for me as I was getting really fatigued as the week wore on, I presume this is because of glycogen depletion. This last one (which caused a bit of bloating and flatulence on the day, but back to normal the next thankfully) was 2800 cals...I ate more icecream (200g) than I had ever done in one sitting, it was lovely! I feel rested, recovered and I am pretty certain that this week's workouts are going to be winners. I am still lifting heavy to lose the last bit of poundage...7 lbs until first goal weight (which happens to be the weight I thought I was at all this time, since I began lifting hahahahaha!) Stupid scales, they are now in the bin! I am down a bra size (up a cup size though *eyerolls*), down half an inch on the hips and fitting into a smaller size jeans, trousers, etc. I am sorry I do not have pics to show peeps, but I am very self-conscious. This is turning into a ramble with no obvious conclusion...um..have treated the weight loss restart as a challenge rather than a failure, because I had wanted to lose more fat in any case. I suppose what I am trying to say is that perseverance is definitely the key ladies and gents. I have become discouraged at times, but this is a slow process and lots of the yummy peeps here on MFP have taken at least a year or two to get to where they are now.

You are all doing so well. Here's to perseverance!

I forgot to add my stats...smashed the squats and dead and barbell row PR, now to hit the OHP and bench this week...

I'm going with everyone else on here Nex, you are amazing! Inspirational! How long have you been lifting?
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Let me follow that impressive set of figures with my workout a from tonight. Had to do bench first as there were pretty boys hogging the squat rack, increased to 27.5kg and felt good. Then squats, form feels so much better and knees and toes further out now. Only struggled on last set and have a very tight ?ligament? In groin since. After deload to 35kg last time improved to 37.5kg. Then same on pendlay rows, also felt good though had misread and should have been 32.5 lol! Finally feel like it is clicking into place (along with my hip which keeps clicking randomly!) B-)
  • fisherlassie
    Options
    @ dani--I love that massager thing. The only bad thing about it is the straps that keep it on your hand are little springs. Hurts like a ***** if they get caught in your hair. Also, those dumb days happen to the best of us. The picture cracked me up.

@audii-- your squat grip sounds similar to mine. I tried it the way it "supposed" to be and it threw me off. So bent wrists it is. I'm sure I'll have to make adjustments when the weights start getting really heavy, but for now it's ok.

Workout B--repeat numbers
    Squat:135
    OHP: 70
    Deads: 155

OHP was the hardest thing I've done in awhile. I managed all 5x5 but it was HARD. Like cry in relief when you're done hard. I also had someone compliment me on my deadlift form. Dumb as it sounds, it threw off my workout. I was doing deads first since someone was using the rack, then did squats and OHP. I could not get my **** together for the squats. Wobbly, leaning too far forward, not getting parallel, etc. Sucked.

I did zumba last night and my calves are killing me. I need to get that foam roller ASAP!

Congratulations on the OHP!!! I think getting to that 70 is hard for a lot of people. I know it is for me. I feel like I need to hire a beetle or two to stand on the ends of the bar each day so I can increase gradually! Well done!
  • juliemouse83
    Options
    Why is it that so many women have a hard time with OHP? In poundage, it's my worst lift, but still one of my favorites. Is it something in our physiology?

I am loving the numbers I see all of you guys posting!

I'm sitting on the sidelines until I get a "go" from my doctor. The "glitch" in my lower back has pretty much made a mess, and I'm sitting here worried that I won't be ok enough to run in a couple of weeks, but trying to talk myself down to a state of non-worry. I called and made an appointment this morning, and they benched me until they can figure out what's going on.

I'm living vicariously through you guys until I get the go to lift again. :bigsmile:
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Awww, I'm sorry Julie. I hope the rest that you get while you are waiting will be all that you need.
  • fisherlassie
    Options
    Let me follow that impressive set of figures with my workout a from tonight. Had to do bench first as there were pretty boys hogging the squat rack, increased to 27.5kg and felt good. Then squats, form feels so much better and knees and toes further out now. Only struggled on last set and have a very tight ?ligament? In groin since. After deload to 35kg last time improved to 37.5kg. Then same on pendlay rows, also felt good though had misread and should have been 32.5 lol! Finally feel like it is clicking into place (along with my hip which keeps clicking randomly!) B-)

Awesome work! I'm not sure what all the Kg means but I can tell that you are surprising yourself with how strong you really are! (even if only by accident!) Congratulations on the Squat and row increases! I read a bit on your profile and I really like your attitude! Go girl!
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options

^^^ yeah that!

and I thought that my 115lb deadlift was hard/awesome lol. I cant even imagine 242lbs.......does not compute.......
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    @nex....holy *kitten* those are some serious effing numbers! Great work on those as well as the patience and perseverance you have demonstrated. I for one am so appreciative of you sharing your story because there are days where it gets DAMN frustrating to not see the results you are "supposed" to be seeing!

Great work lady!!!! :drinker:
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting on the sidelines until I get a "go" from my doctor. The "glitch" in my lower back has pretty much made a mess, and I'm sitting here worried that I won't be ok enough to run in a couple of weeks, but trying to talk myself down to a state of non-worry. I called and made an appointment this morning, and they benched me until they can figure out what's going on.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope your back gets mended soon and that you can go back to lifting!

I mean go back to "living!"

Not lifting.

What was I thinking? We're not at all obsessed with lifting around here. :wink:
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Nexangelus- You are amazing!

I switched to 3x5 and am working up from a 20% deload. Mainly because I'm able to lift without a knee brace, and I don't want to jump to higher weights and end up having to use it again. :laugh: So I had boring numbers today.

Squat: 100# 3x5
    OHP: 60# 3x5
    Deadlift 145#3x5

I saw two guys doing oly lifts which I thought was cool, but they had horrendous form. They were doing 115 lbs for everything. They're OHP was like way out in front of them, and they were coming up on toes during squats. I worry for their knees.
  • juliemouse83
    Options

I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope your back gets mended soon and that you can go back to lifting!

I mean go back to "living!"

Not lifting.

What was I thinking? We're not at all obsessed with lifting around here. :wink:

This is just made of awesome, Dani! Thanks for the grin!!!!!

@ Ges - thank you!

@ Tree - NIIICE!
  • fishlover888
    Options
    Everyone is putting up awesome numbers! You ladies keep me motivated! @Nex those #'s are amazing!

Sorry to have been MIA... broke up with the 'unboyfriend', went on vacation to try to pretend i was happy, moved, stopped logging foods, ate crappy food, and skipped 2 workouts.. but i'm back on track as of today!

..Kind of.
    Pro: Girl at anytime fitness was so excited that I asked if they had a squat rack that she gave me a 2 week free trail. Dudes there were really nice and willing to take turns with the one and only rack for squat/bench. They have bumper plates!

Con: They don't have 2.5 plates so all my weights are screwed up/stalled until I either find another gym or purchase some.

So today I did:
    Bench 65 lbs (did 70 last time tho)
    Pendlay row 65 lbs (same as last time)
    Squat 105 lbs (same as last time)

*Edited to add: Made some dudes night by telling his bro friend that I refused to use the Smith machine because it did all the stabilization work for you. Thought y'all might get a kick outta that
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Fishlover sorry about the messy personal life, hope happiness is round the corner... But yay for nice gym ppl and go get your fractionals! :-)
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Fishlover: sorry to hear about the unboyfriend. Yay for the bada$$ "Yes, I lift, and I know what I'm doing" attitude though!

Nex: your numbers scare me :-)

My back is better after last week, but I'm tapering ready to *finally* do my sprint tri this week. So, no heavy squats/DLs for me. I'll do light sets of everything today then get back to SL as my primary next week. Have a female powerlifting PT recommendation who has worked with scoliotics before to get in touch with.

Oh, and we've been trying to book a honeymoon & buy a house. I need life to calm down a bit!
  • ECR1989
    ECR1989 Posts: 158
    Options
    You guys are all so awesome, I'm inspired! Did workout B yesterday, I used the rack for the first time - totally revolutionised my squats!! I'm going to try and go earlier to the gym so I have more chance of using it! It's always so busy, and I don't like to wait! Totally failed on the OHP though - I was meant to be doing 25kg but could only manage one set so went down to 22.5 but my form was terrible on it so I went back down to 20kg. :( I was so determined not to be beaten by it but it's so hard!!