Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Did W4D1 today. It is definitely becoming more challenging. I'm kind of getting scared that maybe I can't do this! I was running a mile last week and now today i could barely make it for the five minute portions. Hopefully it was just an off day for me. I'm just going to keep at it and trust in myself because I want to do this!

Yes you can do it.

Sometimes we have bad runs, it's normal, but the usual suspect during C25K is that people run way too fast. You should be able to hold a conversation, so slow down if that isn't possible right now. And even then you might have to slow down further.

The important thing is to run when you are supposed to and if you have reached the fourth week successfully, your body can keep going. The mind might need some convincing, though. And slow down.
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Just finished W4D1 and the five minute jog didn't kill me! I feel so accomplished - it's hard to believe that she a short time ago I found the 90 second jog overwhelming.
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    lngrunert wrote: »
    Just finished W4D1 and the five minute jog didn't kill me! I feel so accomplished - it's hard to believe that she a short time ago I found the 90 second jog overwhelming.

This is how it goes, just keep progressing slowly but surely and soon you will have done the amazing feat of running half an hour without stopping. Well done.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    sssgilber wrote: »
    30°, feels like 19°, and I just finished W3D3. I thought it was too cold but it was either get outside or stay inside with Leslie Sansone. By the end, I was pulling off my headband and neck wrap.

I always seem to overdress for the cold! Good job getting out there!
  • mishycat74
    mishycat74 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    W4D1 completed. I didn't think it was possible for me to run any slower but I did on the last 4 minute section. However I did run it all the relevant parts. My goal is to be able to run the length of time first and then to work on distance and speed :)
  • JessRaddatz
    JessRaddatz Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I completed W4D2 today and I rocked it!! I decided to keep going until I hit 5k and my goal was to be done in 45 minutes. I finished in 42 minutes!
  • iainletham61
    Options
    Not posted for a while now onto W7 D2.....The programme really does work I was struggling running for a minute or so a few weeks ago now i'm running comfortably non stop for 25minutes
  • Just_Ceci
    edited February 2015
    Options
    mishycat74 wrote: »
    W4D1 completed. I didn't think it was possible for me to run any slower but I did on the last 4 minute section. However I did run it all the relevant parts. My goal is to be able to run the length of time first and then to work on distance and speed :)
    The more you run, the faster you will get! Keep up the great work!
    I completed W4D2 today and I rocked it!! I decided to keep going until I hit 5k and my goal was to be done in 45 minutes. I finished in 42 minutes!
    That's awesome!
    Not posted for a while now onto W7 D2.....The programme really does work I was struggling running for a minute or so a few weeks ago now i'm running comfortably non stop for 25minutes
    You are rocking this!
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Re-did W3D3 yesterday and whizzed right through it. Rest day today. W4D1 tomorrow. Slowing down helped tremendously!
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Re-did W3D3 yesterday and whizzed right through it. Rest day today. W4D1 tomorrow. Slowing down helped tremendously!

mleewx4kv3as.gif
  • IndigoSue13
    IndigoSue13 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My motivation has been lagging this week. Haven't run since Sunday, when I finished Week 6. :(

I did sign up for my first 5K, though - it will be on March 8. So hopefully that will be the motivation I need to keep going! I'm so close to my goal. I have a little inner voice that is fearful I will fail, that I won't be able to run a whole 5K. I really want to do it without stopping. And I think it's that nagging fear of failure that has gotten in my way. I'm surprised, sometimes, by how much of the weight loss/exercise journey is mental.

So then, tonight or tomorrow I will get back on it and start Week 7.
  • AglaeaC
    edited February 2015
    Options
    My motivation has been lagging this week. Haven't run since Sunday, when I finished Week 6. :(

I did sign up for my first 5K, though - it will be on March 8. So hopefully that will be the motivation I need to keep going! I'm so close to my goal. I have a little inner voice that is fearful I will fail, that I won't be able to run a whole 5K. I really want to do it without stopping. And I think it's that nagging fear of failure that has gotten in my way. I'm surprised, sometimes, by how much of the weight loss/exercise journey is mental.

So then, tonight or tomorrow I will get back on it and start Week 7.

Take it one day at a time. All you should ponder right now is your next run and nothing else. Reading of others running both here and in the Fitness forum usually helps me in the motivation department.
  • littlesnausage
    Options
    I'm new to the MFP forums and this thread. I re-did W6D2 today because my last run was W6D3 and I wasn't able to run for the 22 minutes so thought I'd re-do my troublesome run and the one before it. Today's two 10 minute stretches was hard but totally doable. On Sunday I will be re-trying the 22 minutes.
    I started (but didn't finish) C25K a few years ago whilst losing weight and am doing the same now (I have a 12 week old baby so it can be tough to fit just half an hour of 'me' time in) and I'm doing ok so far.
    I am so looking forward to the day when I can really run 5K or run for 30 minutes non-stop. My pace is very slow, but I'm hoping that will come on in time.
  • AglaeaC
    Options
    I'm new to the MFP forums and this thread. I re-did W6D2 today because my last run was W6D3 and I wasn't able to run for the 22 minutes so thought I'd re-do my troublesome run and the one before it. Today's two 10 minute stretches was hard but totally doable. On Sunday I will be re-trying the 22 minutes.
    I started (but didn't finish) C25K a few years ago whilst losing weight and am doing the same now (I have a 12 week old baby so it can be tough to fit just half an hour of 'me' time in) and I'm doing ok so far.
    I am so looking forward to the day when I can really run 5K or run for 30 minutes non-stop. My pace is very slow, but I'm hoping that will come on in time.

Welcome. Every little bit counts and as a beginner your speed will increase when you increase distance. Just take it a training session at a time. Three months old is still tiny so it is understandable that your priorities are baby-focussed still. Congrats on the little one :)
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    W7,D1 tomorrow (oops, today actually). Taking it outdoors again. I'm really a weather snob, so I love the treadmill for that reason. Plus in the winter... it's always dark outside when I go run. But Saturday is a day off (so I can go out in daylight hours) and it's been so beautiful here lately. I think if the weather would cooperate and I could do it in daylight… I probably would prefer running outdoors. So, I'm going to try to incorporate that as much as I can. It'll happen more often as the weather warms up and the days get longer. For now, I'll enjoy my Saturdays and Sundays outdoors (at least as long as this beautiful unseasonably warm winter lasts).
  • JessRaddatz
    JessRaddatz Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    W4D3 done today. I have been feeling like I do better with a distance goal rather than a time goal so I figured I would just see how far I could run and I actually did 2.25 miles without stopping! I walked for a quarter mile and then ran the rest to get up to 5k. I still can't believe I did that! I keep thinking I must have figured something wrong, but I didn't.
  • littlesnausage
    Options
    W6D3 complete. I have to fit my runs in with someone looking after the baby, so will be doing W7D1 tomorrow.
  • littlesnausage
    Options
    AglaeaC wrote: »

Welcome. Every little bit counts and as a beginner your speed will increase when you increase distance. Just take it a training session at a time. Three months old is still tiny so it is understandable that your priorities are baby-focussed still. Congrats on the little one :)

Thank you! I'm doing as you suggest, one session at a time, and I'm really enjoying it :)
  • Just_Ceci
    edited February 2015
    Options
    W4D3 done today. I have been feeling like I do better with a distance goal rather than a time goal so I figured I would just see how far I could run and I actually did 2.25 miles without stopping! I walked for a quarter mile and then ran the rest to get up to 5k. I still can't believe I did that! I keep thinking I must have figured something wrong, but I didn't.

When I did c25k, I used the distance version from RunDouble. In the end, I was able to run 5k. It took way more than 30 minutes, but I did it. Since then, as I've added distance, my pace has increased too!
  • iainletham61
    Options
    Wk8 for me going to go Tues .Thursday and do 5k on Saturday...... looking forward to this week a then concentrating on improving my pace