12346»

Replies

• livtx
    livtx Posts: 7
    Options
    Date of binge : October 7th

Time of binge : all day, but the peak was from 7:00 pm-9:00

Location of binge : Apartment

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : Sitting

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : Alone, but all roommates were in the house in the living room. Went to my single room and binged.

Approximate calories consumed during binge : probably +5000

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was: immediately

Before I started to binge I was doing: I woke up and wanted to eat a lot. I ate a lot during the weekend (vacation) and because physically "chewed" a lot this weekend, I just felt the need to continue the process of eating a lot

Before I started to binge I was feeling: bored, anxious, stress

During the binge I felt: Fullfilled and happy. I binged on a whole bag of cookies and chocolate

After the binge I felt : Feeling fat, failure, wanted to purge

From this binge, I have learned that i am indeed compulsive overeater and need to do something to stop this behavior. **same

Mine has been going on for a long time, and I need to stop using food as an answer to my problems.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Ok, I admit it, I had a binge.

Date of binge : Oct. 8th

Time of binge : Approx 11:30am

Location of binge : In my car

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) :
    Driving, almost home, said "F it" pulled over at store for junk food. So sitting at first.

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : Alone

Approximate calories consumed during binge :
    No idea, best guesstimate maybe 1500-2000+

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ...........
    I had binge on the brain just a little this morning, kept saying no, make it another day binge free, but as I was almost home I just blew it entirely.

Before I started to binge I was doing .........
    Working, then left to drive home.

Before I started to binge I was feeling ..........
    Confused, wrestling with my conscience.

During the binge I felt ......
    A short escape from all the crap in life. I felt naughty, as if the food and me doing it is wrong.

After the binge I felt ......
    Disgusted and mad. WHY did *I* let this happen again. Unfortunately some of my binges have since turned into binge/purges and I wasn't a purge person before. I purged this binge when I got home.

From this binge, I have learned ........
    That stress is a constant in life and I need to deal with my emotions. I need to realize food has NEVER once made my problems better or disappear. I never walk away from the binge happy that I did it. I need to remind myself over and over, a million times a day if necessary that THIS IS NOT WORKING so stop it already! (I have a counselor I am seeing about my stress/food/life etc)

I'm not really pleased that I am confessing to this and I know I will beat myself up about it, well because it always happens that way. Binge brain/emotions, food, guilt, shame, disgust, sometimes panic. Ugh ...
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Ok, I admit it, I had a binge.

Date of binge : 10/09/13

Time of binge : Started about 8:30 p.m.

Location of binge : Home

Body language during binge (e.g. Sitting, standing, slumped, tense) : Sitting on the couch, multiple trips to the kitchen.

Company kept (alone, friends, family, partner etc) : Alone

[Approximate] calories consumed during binge : 1832. :sick: I logged it today.

The amount of time between realising I wanted to binge and starting the binge was ........... it started gradually, but I actively ignored my feeling of "oh no, I should stop".

Before I started to binge I was doing ......... watching tv.

Before I started to binge I was feeling .......... Depressed. Lonely.

During the binge I felt ...... Numb. I was actively trying not to feel anything. I was actively repressing any thoughts/feelings.

After the binge I felt ...... Disgusting. Bloated. Defeated. I felt like I let myself down again. I let my emotions control me instead of taking control of my emotions. I felt like...what's the point.

From this binge, I have learned ........ No matter how much I try to convince myself I don't care, I really do care. Otherwise, I wouldn't have such a strong reaction to what's happening in my life. I'm taking this really hard and I'm not sure how to just let go. I also don't want to have to think about how I'm feeling. I don't want to face the sadness, anger, and disappointment. I want to forget about all the bad stuff and binging is always my go-to. I need to find a better way to cope with the recent event that's been stressing me so much. I need to find a way to deal with my emotions in a healthy way or just let it go. I can't seem to do either right now.

I am making an effort to face the facts and will try my best to not beat myself up over this.