Where are my fellow P90xers?

Options

Replies

• znm100
    znm100 Posts: 148
    Options
    Still haven't done plyo, my 10K training has to take precedence. So 2.5 mile run done, with running on the spot, jumping jacks and silly dancing to get my burn to 500.
    nice!
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    plyo kicked my butt today! i am stiff from yesterday's efforts for sure too. i did not realize how much arx had affected me till the end of plyo when you do those cat stretches.....ouch my abs hurt!!!

I'm going for a run to loosen everything up!
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize this thread moved so fast. (I'm used to a different forum set up, so I forget to go back to threads I posted in)

Sorry! So I'll make sure to check back in here, just know I hardly ever use the computer on the weekend.
  • Amyaustin90
    Amyaustin90 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i ordered insanity, got it early june, but i only lasted one week.

it was hard on my knees(i guess because im big and outta shape) i also cant do a push up.

ive thought about getting p90x to do before i pick up insanity again....

any suggestions?
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Insanity is just plyo and cardio right?

Anyway - no exercise for me tonight as I'm off out to a lecture. I'm thinlking of walking the hour there to 1) get some exercise and 2) miss the Olympic traffic on the tube.
  • znm100
    Options
    i ordered insanity, got it early june, but i only lasted one week.

it was hard on my knees(i guess because im big and outta shape) i also cant do a push up.

ive thought about getting p90x to do before i pick up insanity again....

any suggestions?

Hi

I haven't done Insanity, but I have read that it is pretty much all plyo, and for someone that is just starting out, it's not really 'beginner friendly'... P90x lets you modify everything if you need to, and they show you how to do this in the video... you have to do a lot of pushups in p90x as well, but you can modify... I am a grown *kitten* man and I have to do pushups from my knees to complete the workout, and by the end I am still at complete muscle fatigue.

If I could do it over again, I would probably do some sort of 30 day program that is a bit easier to get me started, then jump into p90x... but that's just me... I am on my 3rd week, and while everything is still hard, i'm not sore anymore, and I can tell I'm getting stronger...
  • znm100
    Options
    Insanity is just plyo and cardio right?

Anyway - no exercise for me tonight as I'm off out to a lecture. I'm thinlking of walking the hour there to 1) get some exercise and 2) miss the Olympic traffic on the tube.

As long as its safe, go for the walk!
  • stephdg89
    Options
    So, I think I'm not eating enough. Yesterday mid workout my stomach felt like I hadn't eaten in weeks and it was hard to concentrate on the workout and to have enough energy to finish. I was trying to net 1,000 a day, so eating about 1300-1500 and burning from 300-500 during workouts. But today I'm going back up to 1200 because I haven't lost any weight in week and I was at 1200+ when I lost my 5 lbs. Anyone else discover this??
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    Hey Amy!

As someone who also has knee issues, I have done both Insanity and P90x and I would recommend starting off with p90x first. That program focuses alot on strengthening of those muscles as Insanity is basically cardio and endurance. I used to run a lot, but the older I get the harder it gets. It's the same with Plyo, its hard until I can get my knees strengthened and used to the workout. My physical therapist told me to focus on strengthening my knees and hold off on the running.

Another word of advice is not to start off with deep lunges and with the jumping, you may need to modify that a bit. Your body isnt used to these workouts, and you dont want to rush into it. You may need to modify with any workout as you go which is totally fine. We all have to get to where we want to. But if you don't have to then great!
  • kalawhon
    kalawhon Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Not to be a bragger or anything, but the 'fat' that was on my sides and tummy (from having that almost 10lb bo 4 yrs ago, ha) is melting away fast!! I have noticed a huge difference just within the last few weeks,, My stomach is hard as a rock and I'm so PROUD for sticking with this program and not giving up after the 1st round!! Thanks to all of you hear and at TBB!!!!!

Feels great to workout!! <<<---- Never in my life would I have ever said that til now! Ha! :)
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Just got done Plyo, I still cannot do rock stars, but i was able to do jump ups this time, although very low. I still cannot do that hopscotch type one, it really hurts my feet so I just jog in place. I have to modify quite a bit due to my knees but I still got an over 500 calorie burn and I was drenched in sweat.
  • stephdg89
    Options
    Not to be a bragger or anything, but the 'fat' that was on my sides and tummy (from having that almost 10lb bo 4 yrs ago, ha) is melting away fast!! I have noticed a huge difference just within the last few weeks,, My stomach is hard as a rock and I'm so PROUD for sticking with this program and not giving up after the 1st round!! Thanks to all of you hear and at TBB!!!!!

Feels great to workout!! <<<---- Never in my life would I have ever said that til now! Ha! :)

That is good to know! I just had my daughter 2 years ago and that's really the only part of my body I'm unhappy with. I have the fat on my sides and I just feel like I'm "wide" through the hips. I will be SO happy to see that gone!
  • kalawhon
    Options

That is good to know! I just had my daughter 2 years ago and that's really the only part of my body I'm unhappy with. I have the fat on my sides and I just feel like I'm "wide" through the hips. I will be SO happy to see that gone!

That was my main areas too that I struggled with. I have wide hips, big butt, and had that buldge, but that's all shrinking now. lol
    I never really thought about getting into shape like this until March of this year and I'm so thankful I did. Took me 3 yrs to get all that baby weight off, and 3 months to tone up nice. lol
    Round 2 has def. brought me some very amazing results, stick with it Steph, you'll get there in NO TIME!!!!
  • kalawhon
    Options
    Just got done Plyo, I still cannot do rock stars, but i was able to do jump ups this time, although very low. I still cannot do that hopscotch type one, it really hurts my feet so I just jog in place. I have to modify quite a bit due to my knees but I still got an over 500 calorie burn and I was drenched in sweat.

GREAT burn!! As long as you show up, push play and do your best!! Your doing great girl!! You'll "Rock" thos Rock star's in no time.. (took me at least 6 weeks to do those),, not a big fan! :)
  • BryGuy2
    Options

That is so awesome to hear and it truly is a great feeling. There's no better feeling than when you feel you can't reach a certain point in your health and fitness only to reach it after all your hard work. Good fror you!
  • BryGuy2
    Options
    I know how you feel about the hopscotch type workout, that still is hard for me, but i can get through 80% of it then have to go to jump ropes haha! Rock starts and knee jumps I can do, but I have to take a little break before I start.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    double time rock stars and knee jumps!!!!! :noway:
  • Beana21
    Beana21 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting in a few weeks. I like to read threads like these so I have an idea of what I'm in for. lol I'm very overweight still so I'm gonna have to modify the heck out of some things, but I'm really looking forward to the challenge. I have faith in myself that I can do it.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Well, missed last nights strength session as went to see my boyfriend give a talk, I got to exercise my drinking arm a little too much too. Oh well.

A short speedwork run tonight and then some pushups. Nothing tomorrow as have a friends birthday party.

I hate having to modify the programme this much - hopefully next week will be more on track!
  • znm100
    Options
    I'll be starting in a few weeks. I like to read threads like these so I have an idea of what I'm in for. lol I'm very overweight still so I'm gonna have to modify the heck out of some things, but I'm really looking forward to the challenge. I have faith in myself that I can do it.

Like Tony Horton says... Just keep pressin play everyday! Even if you have to modify and cant do as much as they do, you will get better and better. Just don't get discouraged and stop! Good luck!