LOW CARB MEETING ROOM

Options

Replies

• Pamela777
    Pamela777 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank u Clare n Linda! I appreciate the cudos! Even though I have goofed off for a couple weeks - I am maintaing my loss! So happy scale is not going above:tongue: Have a great week everyone! Will check in soon:drinker:
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    I'M BAAAAAAACK!! LOL Got from vacation and only gained 3 pounds. Did go for 2 runs while there, but it was so hot that was all I could muster. The first run I went on (we were in TX) I went a mile and got home and literally almost puked!! I was sick! The second time, I took water and did a lot better, but it still was too hot. Had lots of cake, pie and junk food, but tried to keep it at not heaping portions like I owuld have done a year ago. I already have 2 of the pounds gone and hope to have more off by the end of this week. I am logging my loss on Friday. I am back to doing my Atkins shakes for breakfast and lunch, and then a meal at dinner. Atkins meal, of course. I have been haivng something small like an egg, macadamias or lunch meat with lunch.

Anyway, hope everyone else is still going strong!! Have a wonderful, low carb day :happy:
  • Lindac672411
    Lindac672411 Posts: 108
    Options
    Hi Bailey:smile:

That is great! To only have gained 3 lbs, that is showing you were kind of watching what you were eating. Yes, Texas can be brutal weather wise, but glad that you had a great time and back on track.

Everyone else have a great low carb day!!!
  • Lindac672411
    Options
    ARE WE GOING FOR A "CHEAT FREE" MONTH???? Let's do it!!!!:bigsmile:
  • Lynne120
    Lynne120 Posts: 74
    Options
    ARE WE GOING FOR A "CHEAT FREE" MONTH???? Let's do it!!!!:bigsmile:

GREAT IDEA!!!!!! :happy:
  • Lindac672411
    Options
    So far, things are looking up. No cravings, etc. Just have to remember to drink up the water. anybody else ready to go for a checat free month with me Bailey and Lynne120?
  • Bailey543
    Options
    Yes, Ladies! It's CHEAT FREE AUGUST! So far I've done wonderful. I feel a new energy about this health and fitness thing. I am ready for it! I WILL go for a run tonight!! I WILL!!! I say that b/c I have gone too long without one and keep planning on it, but never do it :noway:

I'm making spaghetti with a spaghetti squash for dinner. Pretty stoked for it! Yum, I love me some spaghetti and the squash is soooo good! My kids have no idea it's not noodles! I'm a tricky mama :)

On a totally off topic.... My 6 year old is about to lose his first tooth. Cannot believe how fast my babies grow! We're having their pics taken (like we do yearly every year) and for the first time since my oldest was born (6 years) I will not shy away from the camera for fear of looking fat!! Whoo hoo!!
  • Lynne120
    Options
    Yes, Ladies! It's CHEAT FREE AUGUST! So far I've done wonderful. I feel a new energy about this health and fitness thing. I am ready for it! I WILL go for a run tonight!! I WILL!!! I say that b/c I have gone too long without one and keep planning on it, but never do it :noway:

I'm making spaghetti with a spaghetti squash for dinner. Pretty stoked for it! Yum, I love me some spaghetti and the squash is soooo good! My kids have no idea it's not noodles! I'm a tricky mama :)

On a totally off topic.... My 6 year old is about to lose his first tooth. Cannot believe how fast my babies grow! We're having their pics taken (like we do yearly every year) and for the first time since my oldest was born (6 years) I will not shy away from the camera for fear of looking fat!! Whoo hoo!!

You make me miss my babies!!!! Mine are big and full of teeth now. I remember what fun I had wrapping $1 bills around a Hershey bar and a new tooth brush. Whaaaaaa! I miss it. Have fun being a tooth fairy!

On another note... I am starting my no cheating August over. I walked in the house after a grueling day of "man work" and absentmindedly grabbed a donut off the counter. I ate almost the whole thing before I realized what I did. Sounds stupid, but true. Friends have been bringing our family one meal after another and TONS of treats due to my husband being down right now. Small town love, I appreciate it so much and love them all..... but it needs to STOP!!!!! Nothing is better on the planet than church lady food.

I've got this though! I can't believe I did that, I'm always so paranoid!!! Arg!!! Hope you all had a more successful day
  • Bailey543
    Options
    Lynne: A Hershey's bar and new toothbrush wrapped around a dollar?! Ummmm...awesome idea, I am so stealing it! Leo's toothfairy is going to rock!

Doing ok today. WILL workout tonight. I know, I know, I keep saying it and it never happens. So much comes up with 3 little kdis in the house. Last night it stormed (for the first time in MONTHS) so everybody was happy the drought ended, but I didn't get my run in, Started my new kickboxing video, but you have to watch a tutorial, so that's all I had time for. GRRRRRR :mad:

I'll get it tonight. Taking my oldest to Cracker Barrel today for lunch, so just checked out the low carb menu online and have an idea of what I want...good planning ahead, eh??

Have a wonderful day, all!
  • Allie1025
    Options
    Hello ladies!!!!!!! I have finally decided to join your lovely group!! My sister-in-law bailey (bailey543) has asked me to join your group so here I am!!!! I started my Adkins journey back in April after the birth of my beautiful daughter. So far I have lost a total of 43 pounds! I still have a lot to loose but I KNOW I can do it. My husband, mother-in-law, and bailey are all Adkins rockstars too so it really helps to have the support from your family. I look forward to getting to know you all and share in this journey with you!

Allie
  • 2012newbie
    2012newbie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    welcome to the list Allie, You are one step ahead of the group having supportive family members also doing Atkins. Especially your husband, congratulations on your baby girl, also, and the first 43, way to go!
  • 2012newbie
    2012newbie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi again, I'm sorry I'm such a bad poster, I have had some medical things going on the last several months and just intermittent tests and things going on, but I'm doing good at staying on track. I had a few minor slips recently that didn't affect my weight, thank goodness, Funny how once you are heavy, you are always worried about gaining back. I have been focused on getting right back on track after a dinner out or a family event. Usually I find workarounds, but I think one thing that still calls my name is salty food, like nuts. Nuts are good but not in excess. I looked for a nut replacement and found the edamame beans whatever you call them, they are low carb and a little goes a long way. I tried plain salted dry roasted and dry roasted with wasabe. I think they will be my
    nut replacement from now on. I can't take the salt anymore that is usually overboard in regular nuts. Anyway, still hanging in there, and sticking with the program and planning a no cheat month like everyone else. Also am going to try to use my treadmill more
    because weightloss is slowing after 71 lbs and I'd kinda like to keep losing for a while. This is the first summer in years that I've
    been able to wear tank tops without feeling freakish even in my own yard. Yes my upper arms are not looking so good, loose skin and all but it's so nice to feel ok enough about myself to even venture out of my bedroom in a tank top. I am worried about loose skin though. I wonder if clothespins would help =(
  • Allie1025
    Options
    Ok so I was having one of my "Why me" moments tonight. I just couldnt believe I let myself go so much. I was just looking around on the internet and found this great inspiration. I thought I would share it with all of you!

When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down,
    And you feel like the biggest failure in town.
    When you want to give up just because you gave in,
    and forget all about being healthy and thin.
    So What! You went over your points a bit,
    It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit!
    It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change.
    It's learning the skills to get back in your range.
    It's telling yourself, "You've done great up till now.
    You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."
    It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal.
    You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.
    To stumble and fall is not a disgrace,
    If you summon the will to get back in the race.
    But, often the struggler's, when loosing their grip,
    Just throw in the towel and continue to slip.
    And learn too late when the damage is done,
    that the race wasn't over...they still could have won.
    Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow,
    but facing each challenge will help you grow.
    Success is failure turned inside out,
    the silver tint in a cloud of doubt.
    When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit,
    If you bite it, you write it....But don't you quit!
    - Author Unknown
  • Lindac672411
    Options
    Welcome Allie: you are definitely in good hands (Bailey), she keeps us all so motivated and the group here is very supportive too. So feel free to update us on any new thing you learn about low carbing. Thanks for sharing the poem too.

Newbie: Welcome back. Just got to take things as they come and don't over stress yourself. Your weightloss to date is truly frantastic. You can do anything you put your mind too.

Bailey: Hope you have a great time with the children at Cracker Barrel. You are doing an awesome job with the exercise and eating. And thanks for having Allie join too!:happy:

Mi3: Isn't it something how the mind just goes blank? I have had those donut like moments before too. But you are past that now and are doing great. Hope your husband is feeling better today.

To All Others: How is it going? Hope to hear from you. WE CAN DO THIS & WE WILL.
  • Bailey543
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm back from the weekend :) Allie and our families had a huge Atkins feast on Saturday! It's always so fun to let the kids play and this time we had all good foods....no cheating! I'm still determined not to cheat this month. I'll do it!!

Glad you joined, Allie! It's always so nice to have somewhere to come and talk to others that are having the same food struggles as you. Loved your quote...I used to have a poem similar to that on my fridge.

I am back on the whole exercise thing. I always go in spurts. Think I'm back on the bandwagon though! I went on a walk AND run yesterday and today at lunch I went on a short run. I think yesterday I had the best and easiest run I've ever had. I hadn't gone for about 2 weeks, so I told myself I'd do a mile. I went to the high school track and after a mile I wasn't even winded. First time that's ever happened. Usually the first mile is torturous! I ended up doing 2.26 miles! I'm not sure if it was because I had taken so much time off and my muscles were fully repaired, because I was on the bouncy track (so much easier to run on it than pavement) or because it was cooler weather... Whatever it was, I liked it!

Anyway, that's all I got for now. Everyone have a great low carb day!!
  • Lynne120
    Options
    Glad to get things back to normal today, my hubby still hurts but he can’t be still a moment longer. So glad to be back to my own busy stuff. My boys start 2-a-day football practices today which stinks because we live so far out, it’s a major pain. Fall baseball practice starts today too, so instead of sitting on the bleachers, I’m going to run the bleachers.

I’m back to school in two weeks, but still have 7 pounds to drop if I want to hit my goal. Where did my summer go? I have come to the conclusion that I do so much better on a tight schedule. I run things pretty loosely- goosey during the summer. I’m actually looking forward to my nutty schedule and working out at the gym during my long lunch.

Well I’ve put off hen house cleaning long enough, so back outside for me. I wouldn’t mind it so much if the hens were actually laying eggs. I guess they are still too young. Can’t wait for fresh scrambled eggs in the morning.

I too, will not have a cheat day during this month!!!!
  • Bailey543
    Options
    Lynne: You life just really interests me. Where do you live? I bet that kind of work really gives you a good burn :) Enjoy your last days before it's back to school time!

I worked out like crazy last night! Did a run at lunch time (won't happen today, have to take son to doc at lunch) and then did a 35 minute workout video after dinner. I did fold and have a piece of my Atkins cheesecake after dinner. I was pretty mad at myself, but I peeked at the scale today and am down 1 & 1/2 pounds!! Can;t wait to log it Friday and hope to be down another 1/2 pound by then. Exercising really gets the fat moving!! Plus, I've tried to stay away from cheese. It tends to slow me down.

Still waiting on my ketostix. They should be here this week. I've got an awful sore throat and runny nose today and didn't have time to go to the store before work for sugar free cough drops, so all I have are the regular ones. Hopefully they don't mess me up too much.

Everybody have a great day!!
  • Lynne120
    Options
    Lynne: You life just really interests me. Where do you live? I bet that kind of work really gives you a good burn :)
    We live on a cattle ranch in the Northern Mountains of Utah. I usually only do the real heavy work in the summer and some weekends when the men/boys need me. There is so much housework/cooking to do around here, that's my normal responsibility since I work in the city during the school year. Because I have no gym around here I have volunteered to do a lot more physical stuff this summer.
  • Pamela777
    Pamela777 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just stopping 2 say hello. I have really slacked off in logging on, but here I am. :flowerforyou: I apologize, I'm not a great motivator for others.

Saw cardiologist 2day and he was super pleased with my results thus far. Still wants my cholesterol under 70 as I am diabetic w/heart disease, currently at 106 for bad cholesterol. So, he upped Crestor to 40mg. But said that it's not just the meds getting my numbers down, he knows I am also "dieting" n exercising. Said I'm on the right path. Today the scale finally moved downward (after 3 weeks). lost .4 this week. So, 24 down n 57 to go!:bigsmile:

Doc says bloodwork for kidneys is great, so protein is not an issue, so if anyone says Atkins will damage a diabetic (u know the naysayers out there), don't believe em, get bloodwork done to prove 2 yourself u r safe doing this. Oh yeah, n blood pressure was 120/70 - just a good feeling!

Ok, now I'm blabbing lol! Stay strong, be well!:happy:
  • Bailey543
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Pamela: Thats great! Keep it up, you can do it!

I have really bad allergies right now. I get sick a few time a year with allergies. Not fun :( I went ahead and ran and did my video last night, then ran this morning. Not sure why i made myself go this morning. I was so tired and worn down. I could barely get a mile in without falling over. I am taking tomorrow off for sure! My body obviously needs the rest. It's just so hard when I feel so close.

Hope you are all doing well! Hope to hear from more of you soon!