2nd Trimester

Options

Replies

• jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else having aching boobs? lol I had a weird bump under my right armpit freaked me out so the doctor sent me to get an ultrasound on it. but it's nothing abnormal. It's just growing pains or something.. Ugh and they itch so bad. How do i stop the itching? i remember only my belly itching last pregnancies.

my boobs itch all the time. this is my first pregnancy so its all new to me. I do have extremely sore/sensitive boobs. It pains me to take off a bra at the end of the day
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm moving from the 1st trimester board. I will be 14 weeks in 3 days, some say you are in your second trimester in your 12th week, others say in your 13th week and sometimes some say in your 14th week. I just couldn't wait any longer!! Happy to be here. Went for an ultrasound in my 11th week, everything was great. Going to my first visit with my gynecologist this Wednesday, hoping to be able to hear the heartbeat on a doppler, just to make sure everything is okay. I am still very paranoid, I hope I get more confident and worry less in the 2nd trimester. (Had a miscarriage in November 2012 and my oldest son is 13 years old. The doctor had told me I was never going to have any children! So I am hoping for a second miracle!) Anyways, really happy to be here. Wish me luck on Wednesday!!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Babysat on Saturday for a guy I work with. He has a 5 month old daughter and she was absolutely adorable. What a good baby reminded me of when my son was a baby he was really good not sure what happened to him though :) It makes me really excited to have a little girl. I even got to try out some of the baby stuff I have so far she loved the bouncer and the bassinet. It was also a good test for my dog. I am not so sure about that he didn't try to hurt her but he couldn't stop sniffing or licking her. He also became upset when she cried he would run over to see what was wrong. I am a little worried because my husband says one slipup and he is gone. I know he is a dog but I love him as if he was one of my children so I am gradually bringing out the baby stuff trying to get him used to it. He did get jealous when my husband held the baby. He would sit in front of him and cry while he played with her. I know he was jealous and felt left out because all day yesterday he was an attention hog from both of us. I really hope he does well with the new baby trying to let him be a part of it. Thought my 8 year old would have a tough time but he loves the idea of a baby sister except it grosses him out when I let him feel the baby.
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Had my doctor appointment today.. Baby is doing well with a strong heartbeat of 150... I am measuring right on track and will have the glucose test at the end of this month.. So from what I've heard orange is the flavor to pick, if that's an option.. Is that correct?
  • licha75
    Options
    Had my doctor appointment today.. Baby is doing well with a strong heartbeat of 150... I am measuring right on track and will have the glucose test at the end of this month.. So from what I've heard orange is the flavor to pick, if that's an option.. Is that correct?

Yes, orange, I like orange the best but it's really sweet!
  • blink1021
    Options

I have only had orange and found it wasn't bad. We weren't given an option when I had my first. It reminded me of a melted orange popsicle.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options

I have only had orange and found it wasn't bad. We weren't given an option when I had my first. It reminded me of a melted orange popsicle.

Orange was fine, tasted like flat orange soda. I thought it was going to be horrible from all the comments I've read and I didn't notice anything THAT bad. I did get a little light headed from the sugar rush after the fast though :smile:
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses ladies! :)
  • ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh, I love, love, love little baby kicks!!!! I first started feeling her at 17 weeks (21 weeks now), but they weren't strong enough to feel very often, mostly at night. For the past week and a half, I've been able to feel her all day long, and it is absolutely AMAZING. I didn't think I'd ever get to this point, that I'd ever be a mother, and I just want to cry happy tears everytime she's kicking/punching me. I'm sure when she starts kicking me in the ribs I won't think it's so cute, but for now, I just think it's so funny when she pokes me in the same spot 3 times in a row...

Okay - I'm done gushing!

AJ
  • JaclynnGail
    JaclynnGail Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Had our anatomy scan today! I measured 4 days ahead of schedule, so right at 19 weeks. Have to go in for another scan next month because they couldn't get a clear picture of the heart...but, everything else looked good. Heartbeat was 129, which I am told is fine. Unfortunately, I have a fibroid that has gotten bigger (was 6 cm by 6 cm...is now 6 cm by 8 cm)...it is supposedly in an okay location, so they are just monitoring and seem not to be too worried.

Aaaaaaaaand.....it's a boy! :-)
  • licha75
    Options
    Had our anatomy scan today! I measured 4 days ahead of schedule, so right at 19 weeks. Have to go in for another scan next month because they couldn't get a clear picture of the heart...but, everything else looked good. Heartbeat was 129, which I am told is fine. Unfortunately, I have a fibroid that has gotten bigger (was 6 cm by 6 cm...is now 6 cm by 8 cm)...it is supposedly in an okay location, so they are just monitoring and seem not to be too worried.

Yay!! a boy! Congratulations! Did you have a feeling it was going to be a boy? I can't wait to find out if I'm going to have a boy or a girl! My son is completly convinced it's a boy, that I am believing it's going to be a boy too, we will see!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

CONGRATS!!! :)
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    AJS-I totally understand, I never thought I would enjoy getting kicked so much! I love feeling him and even more watching him wiggle around in there...so awesome

Jaklynn-congrats! We are having a boy too!

I've still been feeling pretty good. Next appointment is Thursday and at that point they are scheduling the glucose test, trying not to dread it too much :( After that I go every 2 weeks! But it sucks hubby has to work mandatory overtime for a couple months, so he won't be able to go to appointments for a while :( I always made them on Friday when he was off, but now he has to work that day. Oh well I guess, luckily my mom is usually around if I need her!
  • MyrianeO
    MyrianeO Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I haven't been around for a while because we've had quite a rough month.
    We lost our little girl last week, at only 23 weeks. She had trisomy 18, a rare chromosonial condition that is fatal.
    We delivered on august 1st. Our little angel was 12 ounces, 10 inches and was perfect.

We are coping from day to day but this is very difficult as this was our first child and she was so very needed. We are going to start trying again in a few months, but will never forget her.

Thanks for all your support and good luck in all your pregnancies. Cherish this experience and take great care of those little ones.
  • blink1021
    Options
    Hi everyone,

We lost our little girl last week, at only 23 weeks. She had trisomy 18, a rare chromosonial condition that is fatal.
    We delivered on august 1st. Our little angel was 12 ounces, 10 inches and was perfect.

We are coping from day to day but this is very difficult as this was our first child and she was so very needed. We are going to start trying again in a few months, but will never forget her.

Thanks for all your support and good luck in all your pregnancies. Cherish this experience and take great care of those little ones.

So sorry to hear that I know there is nothing that anyone can say to heal the hurt or to make it better. I couldn't imagine what you are going through. Good luck in the future and know that we are all thinking of you.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Thoughts are with you and your family.
  • blink1021
    Options

I loved our anatomy scan it was so much clearer than when I had my son. I was told as long as the heartbeat is 120-160 your good. I have to go back in a few weeks too because she kept her back to us most of the time and they couldn't get a clear view of the heart either. Sometimes babies just do not want to cooperate. Hope all is well with the fibroid. Have fun with your boy my son was great and so much fun until he went to school. He is 8 now and drives me crazy at times.
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am so very sorry for your loss.
  • JaclynnGail
    Options
    So, so sorry to hear this. Sending lots of prayers your way.

Hi everyone,

• JaclynnGail
    Options
    Well, I was kind of pulling for a girl, but have suspected the whole time it was a boy and, truth be told, I couldn't be happier to know that we will be welcoming a sweet little boy into our house. Can't wait to hear what you have!

[/quote]

Yay!! a boy! Congratulations! Did you have a feeling it was going to be a boy? I can't wait to find out if I'm going to have a boy or a girl! My son is completly convinced it's a boy, that I am believing it's going to be a boy too, we will see!
    [/quote]