Stage 1

Options

Replies

• RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    Stage B's last workout today!!!!! I'm do excited!!!!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Bleh... I was lazy today and didn't get up early enough to workout. I will do it tonight. I don't particularly like to work out when I get home from the office mainly because I get home late in the evening. By the time I do the workout and then cook etc, it's late again but I want to do M-W-F workouts this week since I will be away for the weekend! I only got in 2 sessions last week, and I just feel that's not enough for me.
  • RUNN3Rmom
    Options
    Sue, you can do it!!! I do gree that working later is not as easy on the home life. I work evenings so more than likely I'm not home anyway but on my days off I surely not want to be working out around dinner time. It throws off my whole evening. So I feel for you!! But, just think...one evening workout this week and a couple morning workouts leads to the weekend!! And it sounds like ou had a blast this past weekend!!!

Good luck Sue!! I hope the day at the office goes by quickly. On a positive note, when you're leaving the office I'm probably just starting my shift :wink:
  • melissaw1232
    melissaw1232 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hey Sue good luck getting your evening workout in. Just know that I'll be right there with you :-)
    I rarely able to get up in the am to workout. Aiming for M,W,F & S this wee to make up for a missed workout yesterday. then rest 2 days

Amanda you can do T-Pushups??? Your my SHE-RO! lol
    Congratulations on moving up to stage 2!
  • RUNN3Rmom
    Options
    UGH!!!!! I totally missed one B workout!! I have no idea why I thought I did one last Wednesday before vacation but I didn't because I had class before work. It totally screwed me up in my head :grumble: I did A yesterday as my last A but I should have done B, then A today and final B on Wednesday.

I was sooooo off schedule!!! I see what vacation does for me :laugh:

So I will be making up my B workout on Wednesday and will be taking a rest until Monday when I start Stage 2.

But as a good note I upped my dead lifts from 115 to 125 for sets 1 & 2 and tried 135 for set 3 and was able to complete it!! I am taking about 3-7 seconds in between each rep to reposition and regroup so I really think that has been helping. I also added another 10lbs on my barbell for my lunges (65lbs)!! So I'm happy with this next to last workout :wink:

Melissa, thanks :blushing: But please don't think I actually enjoy them. I think they are the one exercise that makes me make the most noise, grunts, sighs and moans :grumble: and occasional curse word!!
  • suelegal
    Options
    Hey Sue good luck getting your evening workout in. Just know that I'll be right there with you :-)
    I rarely able to get up in the am to workout. Aiming for M,W,F & S this wee to make up for a missed workout yesterday. then rest 2 days

Amanda you can do T-Pushups??? Your my SHE-RO! lol
    Congratulations on moving up to stage 2!

Hey Melissa, F & S? Are you sure? I think you should reconsider simply because you won't have any recovery time inbetween. Remember it's not the lifting the recovery that builds the muscle and strength!

Thanks for the encouragement! I will be envisioning us working out side by side!!! That will help for sure! Thankfully hubby is going down the shore to pick up a motorcycle part, so dinner is on my own tonight. I believe I'll do protein powder and greek yogurt before i leave the office today because it will take 2 hours to get home and get ready to workout, and that should be enough time to get that protein into my muscles, right?

Do any of you drink a BCAA booster or anything else before or during your workouts? Curious. I drink Scivation Xtend during the workout, but honestly don't notice that I get any sort of boost from it.
  • LBxLB
    LBxLB Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Finally completed stage one and was down 9 inches! I didn't take pics.
  • RUNN3Rmom
    Options
    Sue, I don't take anything before the workout but after rereading some of the book last night I think I may try to find something...but I'm very odd about powders, etc. it took me a while to take a protein powder. Crazy, I know!! And while I'm not the cleanest eater I am still not as comfortable with adding other mixes to my diary. What is BCAA?

Congrats LBxLB!!
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Hopefully it is ok to join you all on here! Today was my first day at my new gym and I had trainer that went through all the Stage 1 exercises with me. I was so scared beforehand as the gym is tiny and I was intimidated by all the men. I am just scared that people would laugh at me.But it was great. I love the exercises. And even though people were looking it didn't feel intimidating or anything like that!

I am excited to go again and get properly started. I think I will probably do workout A and B again on Wednesday and Friday and then start the program properly next Monday!

It would be great to have people here for help, to chat and encourage each other :-)
  • Daisy80
    Options

That is great! Could I ask you in how many places you measure?
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Hopefully it is ok to join you all on here! Today was my first day at my new gym and I had trainer that went through all the Stage 1 exercises with me. I was so scared beforehand as the gym is tiny and I was intimidated by all the men. I am just scared that people would laugh at me.But it was great. I love the exercises. And even though people were looking it didn't feel intimidating or anything like that!

I am excited to go again and get properly started. I think I will probably do workout A and B again on Wednesday and Friday and then start the program properly next Monday!

It would be great to have people here for help, to chat and encourage each other :-)

I'm so glad you liked it! I don't mind the people looking because I hope it will inspire them to get off the treadmill and start lifting too! The only other time I see a woman in the weight area with me is when she is with a trainer and usually lifting barbie weights. Getting started is the hardest part! Now stick with it! :smile:
  • RUNN3Rmom
    Options
    Hi all

Daisy, great job getting in there and getting started!! Oh, and I know you didn't ask me :smile: but I'll tell you where I measured: chest, bust, waist, hips, forearm, thighs, and calves.

Happy lifting!! :drinker:
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Thank you for the nice welcome! I am looking forward to my progress and sharing it on here :smile:
  • Daisy80
    Options
    I have another question actually. My gym does not have a squat rack only a smith machine. How about you ladies? Does your gyms all have squat racks and if not what do you do?
  • melissaw1232
    melissaw1232 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Sue Im hoping I'll be fine. I'll take a 2 day break on Sunday. F&S was Friday and Sunday. But if I feel my body is saying NOO then I wont force it. Trust me! You know I'll keep you posted. :-) oh I dont take anything before my workouts. I only drink my protein drink afterward. I dont know what a bcaa is??

Welcome Daisy this is where us newbies congregate.lol. Im starting my 4th week. time does fly by, you'll see
    I workout at home and it has its advantages and disadvantages but im making it work.

LB congratulation on losing 9 inches! thats amazing!

Amanda! just saw your post - just 3 days ago you were worried about starting at your pre-vacation weights and now your lifting heavier. 65lb lunges and 135 deadlifts is awesome!
    btw Curse words or not I still think T push ups are dam good:happy:

To my Kindle users I think that my daughter has managed to delete my book? when I try to open it I get an exclamation point and it says downloading. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Its bad enought that I regret getting an ebook version but if she deleted it sigh...
    Thanks in advance!
  • suelegal
    Options
    Welcome Daisy!!

I lift at home. For a while my bench was up against the back wall and that meant I didn't have a squat rack. Recently my husband moved it, and for the last 2 weeks I've been using the rack. The books doesn't recommend using the smith machine because it doesnt' let you get into proper form and you could actually hurt yourself because of the form you need to hold. Not sure what to tell you about this. For a while I did goblet squats and also held dumbbells at my shoulders, but it's fdifficult to do good squats that way and my grip just sin't strong enough to hold 60+ pounds in a dumbbell. Iknow there are other squats in the book, not sure about using them instead. I suggest maybe posting on the daily chat thread. There are women there who have done the whole program and can perhaps give better information.
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I have another question actually. My gym does not have a squat rack only a smith machine. How about you ladies? Does your gyms all have squat racks and if not what do you do?

Yeah, don't use the smith machine. My gym does have a squat rack, so I can use that. If I didn't have one and I was starting on a lifting program, I would use the free weight barbells across my neck. Do they have an olympic barbell anywhere? It's possible their squat rack is disguised as a bench press rack...I ALWAYS have to move bar up to squat level because no one in my gym does squats. They ARE adjustable.

You can also do the single weight squat with dumbbells and a bench shown in the book.
  • Daisy80
    Options
    Thank you for the advise ladies! It's a tricky one! I don't think there is a bench press rack in my gym either. I did ask the trainer today if they have a squat rack and he said no maybe he would have mentioned it. I will check again on Wednesday.
    It is not easy for me to change the gym. I am a student and money is very limited. There is another gym close by and I might check there. All the other gyms are really pricey! I will check the book again for other exercises too.

I will also post in the daily thread and see what other suggestions people have.

Again thank you for your help!
  • RUNN3Rmom
    Options
    Daisy, do you have a YMCA near by? They are fairly inexpensive, especially for students on a budget. We pay $72 a month but that is for a family of 4. I think I paid abour $22 when I was single.
  • suelegal
    Options

Wow that's awesome!! Congrats!